• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: best coast california

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Don't they still show Scooby-Doo? I remember stumbling into one of their newest episodes last week, haha. Didn't pay much attention to it though, as I was doing something on my computer.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    I feel like they are like running out of ideas and the animation itself is pure laziness now a days. The 1990s are called the 'Cartoon Renaissance.' It brought back good cartoons because Cartoon Network, Fox, Nickelodeon and Disney were all willing to do whatever it took to be great. Now, it seems as if the good ideas are gone and people just don't care enough.

It's like they are making cartoons because they have to not because they want to.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
    One of my favorite cartoons is Scooby Doo. I love the classic and all of the remakes, haha. My son likes to watch the newest version :3 It's good <3

Scooby doo is great for one single reason.

Spoiler:

I think that's the second time I've posted that picture and text in this same thread.....

Years
    I watched a lot of all the networks growing up. On Cartoon Network there was Dexter's Lab, the Power Puff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, etc. Of course on Nick there was Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Fairly Odd Parents, Jimmy Neutron, etc. There were so many great cartoons from our childhood.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    If I watched a Rugrats episode right now, I will die from nostalgia. Sucks I don't have TeenNick because they still have that 90's are All That thing and I really wanna watch it ;;

Years
    If I watched a Rugrats episode right now, I will die from nostalgia. Sucks I don't have TeenNick because they still have that 90's are All That thing and I really wanna watch it ;;

It seems like they took it off Netflix, which is sad. I know they used to have some episodes, but they might have been from later seasons.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I feel like they are like running out of ideas and the animation itself is pure laziness now a days.

Adventure Time's animation and animation process says otherwise.

Episodes are created through the process of storyboarding, and a single episode takes roughly eight to nine months to complete, although whole episodes are worked on at the same time. The Adventure Time cast records their lines together in group recordings as opposed to different recording sessions with each voice actor, and the series also regularly employs guest actors and actresses for minor and recurring characters.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_Time#Production

It's really simple, but they put a lot of effort to make each episode look great.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    If I remember correctly, wasn't Victoria Justice in an episode of Drake & Josh? If so, I did watch an episode of that when she starred in it :)

Years
    Adventure Time's animation and animation process says otherwise.

It's really simple, but they put a lot of effort to make each episode look great.

That's one of the reasons I think Adventure Time is a really cute series, the characters are quite simple in terms of the drawing but they put a lot of personality into the show and that's what makes it great.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I like a mix of old and new cartoons. I loved watching Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, Billy and Mandy, Camp Lazlo and a few others. As for the newer ones, my favourite would probably be the Regular Show. Rigby and Mordecai are the best main characters to ever exist. XD

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I like a mix of old and new cartoons. I loved watching Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, Billy and Mandy, Camp Lazlo and a few others. As for the newer ones, my favourite would probably be the Regular Show. Rigby and Mordecai are the best main characters to ever exist. XD
    I would have to agree with Mordecai and Rigby. I don't watch Regular Show all that much because it's a little too weird for me, but I have to hand it to the writers, when Mordecai and Rigby talk with each other, it's the closest to real life conversations I've seen. Even though the series itself is completely insane, the writers do a great job with character interaction. The best job I've seen yet out of a kids cartoon.

Years
    Older cartoons? For me, I watch reruns of Teen Titans when that comes on Boomerang, and same with Pokémon as well.

.Lacie

Pokémon Overlord!
    Years
    I liked to watch Tom and Jerry kids when I was a kid. It's my chillin time every afternoon I think it's 4pm I watch it while eating my Grandma's Cooking. But yeah I like the majority of old Cartoon Nerwork~

Years
    Older cartoons? For me, I watch reruns of Teen Titans when that comes on Boomerang, and same with Pokémon as well.

Omg yes Teen Titans was my absolute favorite.

I also loved Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Camp Lazlo, Courage The Cowardly Dog, and Codename Kids Next Door. Ah, the golden age of Cartoon Network ;-;

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014

I also loved Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Camp Lazlo, Courage The Cowardly Dog, and Codename Kids Next Door. Ah, the golden age of Cartoon Network ;-;

Sadly, I don't know any of those shows. #gettingold

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Teen Titans and Codename Kids Next Door were my personal favorites growing up. They were just great shows with an actual plot. Cartoons these days are going more for random comedy than a plot and although it does have it's moments, I would take Teen Titans over any of the new shows any day.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years

Omg I actually know every single one of them cartoons! Man I miss them days.

I remember going on the Cartoon Network website and they had like games for every single cartoon they aired, I wasted so much time there, especially on a fighting game for Teen Titans ahah

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back