• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: best coast california

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • I haven't been on a plane either. My family usually only goes on vacations via car cause the furthest city we've been is Atlanta which is only 8 hours from here.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I've been on maybe a dozen plane rides. None were longer than 4 hours. Planes are great, but road trips are so much better. I have a lot of good memories from road trips growing up with my family and from recent years with friends. The longest road trip I've ever taken was a week with my brother, a friend, and my cousin. We drove along the coast to Florida, went to Universal in Orlando, a Florence and the Machine Concert, and then drove up to Savannah, GA and went sightseeing and took a bunch pictures and ate at a ton of great restaurants. Such an amazing trip.

Years
  • I've taken road trips.. the longest being from Florida to Virginia, which usually is about 12-14 hours depending on the traffic.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • Wish I could get on this site at work. Alas, the military blocks this page. Get bored sitting in my office. Literally an hour of total work, out of an eight hour day. Ah well. Guess I can't really complain. Hope ya'll are have a great day/night.

Years
  • Well, it takes about 12-14 hours from Seoul to DC, and about 14-17 hours from DC to Seoul. Because Earth rotates, if you're going against the direction Earth rotates, it takes longer.

I've been in 4 round trips. 2005, 2006, 2008, and 2012, and none of them have been great flight experiences as it's so crammed everywhere in economy. I'll be visiting Korea in 2016 as well, and I'll be dreading the 15 hour flight.

The panorama of the atmosphere outside the plane is great, though, espcially when we're flying high over Alaska and northern parts of Canada and Russia.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I rode on a plane once when I was four, from Alaska to West Virginia to go to my nana's funeral. However, I've done over a dozen cross-country road trips - twice a year actually - from Carolina to Colorado. It was lots of fun, since we had a timeshare in Tennesse where we stayed at a 20,000 acre resort. We went fishing and swimming, and had breakfast brought to us in bed (ordered the night before) -- it was nice. :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Road trips are sooo much fun, but it gets tiring after driving for two hours straight. I usually end up wiped out after 3 hours driving :S I want to get to my destination faster, so rest stops are usually out of the question. :P

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I lost count of how many planes I've been on. I have family all over the country, so we visit them every once in a while via planes. I've had great experiences to not so great experiences. I think the worst one was when we had a three hour layover at an airport and our next flight was delayed. The three hour wait soon turned into an eight hour wait. I was so bored...

I've taken a lot of car trips too. It's the way we went when our family moved across the country a total of five times. Those were some of the most painful trips I have ever taken. The longest one took an entire week. I hope I never have to do that again.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Anyone here ever tutor? I'm at work, and the question came up. (I'm a tutor, in case you didn't get it)

wharrgarbl what. It's weird, I load the DCC and this comes straight up and it's pretty relevant to me right now, haha.

...no. But I really want to get some tutoring work soon since I doubt I'll be in uni too much next term. How did you go about getting it?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Instead of being a tutor, I'd probably need a tutor for Physics. I suck at this.

Also road trips are not that fun especially when the sun is blazing in your face. Trips in general suck but the destination is often great for me.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • wharrgarbl what. It's weird, I load the DCC and this comes straight up and it's pretty relevant to me right now, haha.

...no. But I really want to get some tutoring work soon since I doubt I'll be in uni too much next term. How did you go about getting it?
    My father apparently knew the dude who's my boss, so I sort of had connections. I also had to score 2000+ in my SATs (college entrance exams), which I did. And I guess it helped that I went to the high school I did. Got the job on the spot, basically, even though I failed the diagnostic they gave me (half assed it). It's a decent job when you can focus and aren't distracted, nor if you don't have to focus on three kids at once.

Years
  • I'm good at learning the material but absolutely horrible at teaching them.

I'll probably move on to some kind of job that requires programming, I know there's a lot of them but I can't pin exactly the route I'm going, though I'm leaning towards making video games.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I'll probably move on to some kind of job that requires programming, I know there's a lot of them but I can't pin exactly the route I'm going, though I'm leaning towards making video games.

o/\o
    I'd like to do the same :)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Designing console games seems like a fit for me (everyone says so, plus I love ROM hacking), but I really want to do linguistics – to be a traveling interpreter is my moneymaking dream career.

Then again, I plan on minoring in Computer Science, just to have some real skill and proof of love for what I enjoy. I'd probably test out of the first few classes to boot, lol. God knows how far I'll be considering I'm programing in C at 15. XD

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • I've been doing some programming lately!
    I'm going to release an android app sooner or later, so there's that, that. :x

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I've been thinking whether should I go to take a diploma in engineering or infocomm technology. These are the only 2 diplomas I am eligible for apparently.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    The idea of programming seems intriguing to me, but I've always been too lazy. Now that you guys are talking about it, though, I want to look more into rom hacking. Seems like it could be entertaining.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back