• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Better "yin yang" types instead of Fire & Electric

Noltron200

Im not a robot.
Years
  • We all know that The legendary Pokemon of gen V will be fire and electric.
    Ridiculous? Yeah, I thought so.

So it got me thinking: whats a better type set?
    I thought about Normal and Ghost. It would be interesting... But their signature moves wouldn't effect each other! Go figure, eh? So I didn't think that. Then I though hey how about making a new type? Like "light" type with dark. IDK, its pushing it, though. Thats what I thought.

Share your opinions here on what you think the new legendary's typing should be.

Last edited:

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Fire is natural light source and Electricity is an unnatural light source...

They are Yin and Yang just as good as Normal and Ghost... Which would suck at Legends...Alot of people requested Light and alot more showed them how stupid the idea was...

Fire and Elec is the best Yin and Yang combo in my opinion...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well Ground and Water are a good yin yang type, that's why Groudon and Kyogre had those too bad they took those two types, hmm, Water vs. Fire is also a good yin yang combo :)

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Both fire have a way to make things light or dark. Fire: creates light and burns things which sometimes turn black. Electricity: makes light and causes power outages.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yin and Yang is pretty much anything opposite of one another. And your idea of Normal Legendary is suckish. I'm sory,but there is no other way to put it.

And I don't really like Ghost type Legendaries.

Noltron200

Im not a robot.
    Years
  • They are Yin and Yang just as good as Normal and Ghost... Which would suck at Legends...Alot of people requested Light and alot more showed them how stupid the idea was...
    Unless you give them lots of base stats and some impressive moves... But otherwise, yeah, not the best.
    How did dark get through, I wonder? Ive heard comments about that type that arent the best.
    Water vs. Fire is also a good yin yang combo :)
    Agreed. Too bad water would have an advantage; advantages dont make epic battles.
    Of course thats probably why they decided on fire and electric, since they arent weak to one another.
    I suppose you guys dont like normal types by the way things look, lol

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • Well Ground and Water are a good yin yang type, that's why Groudon and Kyogre had those too bad they took those two types, hmm, Water vs. Fire is also a good yin yang combo :)

Yin Yang is the sign and natural spirit of balance and harmony with two opposing forces acting with general togetherness. Water vs. Fire would not be Yin Yang, it would be "Disruptive Yin Yang" or "Anti-Yin Yang" seeing as both are natural enemies. [ Water douses fire, fire creates havoc over water ].

For something to be considered Yin Yang, they must be able to shown or used together in a more harmonic way. Seeing as how fire and electricity are both natural and unnatural source of light, and don't interfere with one another, they can be Yin Yang.

In fact, lightning can cause fire, creating even more of a balance. I can see how one may see Fire vs. Water as Yin Yang ... but remember, Yin Yang = Balance / Harmony.

Agreed. Too bad water would have an advantage; advantages dont make epic battles.
    ^ Seeing as how water has an advantage over fire, this means they are not in balance, making it not Yin Yang.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Here is what I always post in a Yin yang thread.

The relationship between yin and yang is often described in terms of sunlight playing over a mountain and in the valley. Yin (literally the 'shady place' or 'north slope') is the dark area occluded by the mountain's bulk, while yang (literally the 'sunny place' or 'south slope') is the brightly lit portion. As the sun moves across the sky, yin and yang gradually trade places with each other, revealing what was obscured and obscuring what was revealed.
    Yin is characterized as slow, soft, yielding, diffuse, cold, wet, or tranquil; and is associated with water, earth, the moon, femininity and nighttime.
    Yang, by contrast, is fast, hard, solid, focused, hot, dry, or aggressive; and is associated with fire, sky, the sun, masculinity and daytime

Years
  • Here is what I always post in a Yin yang thread.

The relationship between yin and yang is often described in terms of sunlight playing over a mountain and in the valley. Yin (literally the 'shady place' or 'north slope') is the dark area occluded by the mountain's bulk, while yang (literally the 'sunny place' or 'south slope') is the brightly lit portion. As the sun moves across the sky, yin and yang gradually trade places with each other, revealing what was obscured and obscuring what was revealed.
    Yin is characterized as slow, soft, yielding, diffuse, cold, wet, or tranquil; and is associated with water, earth, the moon, femininity and nighttime.
    Yang, by contrast, is fast, hard, solid, focused, hot, dry, or aggressive; and is associated with fire, sky, the sun, masculinity and daytime
    Yeah and Water is Wet and Fire is dry so they are yin and Yang ;)

Kiri Berry

Berry Master
    Years
  • I like that the legendary Pokemon are fire and electric. Those two together strike me as a yin yang pairing. I think it works with the whole real vs. artificial light. I mean they are similar but not the same, they work in harmony, which is how yin yang is supposed to work.

Noltron200

Im not a robot.
    Years
  • Double types could fix some of the type disadvantages problems, though its hard to figure the right ones that would work. Maybe a Fire/Electric vs Ice/Water type? No?

fire dmg to ice/water is 1x
    elc dmg to ice/water is 2x
    ice dmg to fire/electric is .5x
    water dmg to fire/electric is 2x

Its alright. fire and electric are both plasma, while ice and water could be thought of as a solid. Plasma and solid are opposites, and exist in harmony.
    Thats just me, though, since it works well in game and kinda makes sense... kinda.

Years
  • Double types could fix some of the type disadvantages problems, though its hard to figure the right ones that would work. Maybe a Fire/Electric vs Ice/Water type? No?

fire dmg to ice/water is 1x
    elc dmg to ice/water is 2x
    ice dmg to fire/electric is .5x
    water dmg to fire/electric is 2x

Its alright. fire and electric are both plasma, while ice and water could be thought of as a solid. Plasma and solid are opposites, and exist in harmony.
    Thats just me, though, since it works well in game and kinda makes sense... kinda.
    Well you stated the reason why I thought the evil team was going to be named Plasma :P.
    Yeah that works too :)

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • Fire and Electric are not only a play on Yin and Yang, but also on nature and technology. At least, it's what I think. Reshiram's tail is a torch while Zekrom's tail is a generator. We also know of Black City and White Forest and at least one city that's either technologic advanced or looks like some old ruin.
    We now have electricity for light, thus Zekrom symbolizes the modern technology. In ages before technology mankind used fire or a torch for light. Reshiram symbolizes the time before technology or nature.
    Nature and technology, in a way, are also balanced. But then again, technology and nature aren't balanced at all (technology > nature).

It's an interesting theme for the legends, I think. And it works great with these types.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    But what would Light and Dark be weak against? Nothing, not even against each other.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    You can't judge them until you really know the Pokemons stories. I was one who fought for the Light-Type theory but I've actually fallen in love with the actual typing.

Back