• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biggest disappointment you've encountered

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    There were only 4 legendaries in-game: Xerneas/Yvetal, Mewtwo, Zygarde and Moltres/Zapdos/Articuno

There wasn't even a real roaming pokemon. The kanto trio doesn't count, they end up being stationary legendary battles after meeting them 10 times. I miss the challenge of legendaries like in previous games.

Legendary battles always got me pumped. The saving before interacting with the pokemon, the random things people would do to "increase" their chances of catching pokemon, the silent prayers we would make in the hopes of catching those legends.

Maybe there ARE more legendaries, just that we need event items to unlock them which have not been released yet.

BTW, the game is coding-locked, so I heard, so people have not been able to "open" the game and see if there is anything exciting in-game we have yet to find. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2016
    Before the game came out, I was leary on the Pokémon themselves but after it came out and I played it through, the game is really good.

The animation is great, compared to 'Battle Revolution' for Wii. Yes the Pokémon Don't have dramatic movements like the game before and seems a little stale at first. Once you get rolling though, it's not an issue at all. Plus in next generation games I really think they(Game Freak & Pokémon Company) Will play around with the Pokémon movements.

The Interface & Region itself is very relaxing while playing. Definitely less stress provoking as past games. Really makes the game flow and the raising/battling Pokémon aspect of the game more enjoyable.

The Pokémon Designs themselves are not that bad. Yes some fell into the gimmicky end but for the most part of what I have seen. The artist really pushed the boundaries with these designs and concepts. I'd have to say this Gen. of Pokémon are the best I've seen, design wise since Hoenn & Sinnoh.

The number of Legendaries and how their roles in the game are very untraditional but I don't think that has to be viewed as a bad thing. Very new age (Plus consider time crunch and all the extra work going into the transition).

To keep it short, there are some things you can pick at the game here and there(like how story line was portrayed and 'babysitting') but really this is a 'beautiful' transition to 3D gaming.

Babysitting - The spoiling of newer gamers to rare items and Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Team Flare and the Champion.
    It was obvious who was the leader FROM THE ****ING START. There was no real mystery to it, and I could figure it out pretty quickly. Heck, it took me only one second to figure it out.
    And the Champion. Ohhhh lord, the Champion. Diantha, what can I say? Game Freak was cruel, and basically left you with no personality. You only meet her less than five times, and even then she doesn't make much of an impact. Then suddenly, bam. You find out she's Champion. To be honest, this didn't surprise me. I went into the Elite Four without spoilers for the Champion or anything related to the Elite Four, and I knew, just ****in' knew, it would be Diantha. Now, let's talk about her Team. Basically, it's the two new fossils, Mega Gardevoir, goo monster, pumpkin girl, and a bunch of other random ones. Overall, her Team is very, very sloppy, and she was incredibly easy. I feel she's a clone of Cynthia; they tried to make another Cynthia, but failed pretty much in every aspect.
    A lot of things disappointed me about this game, but these two disappointed me the most.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Team Flare and the Champion.
    It was obvious who was the leader FROM THE ****ING START. There was no real mystery to it, and I could figure it out pretty quickly. Heck, it took me only one second to figure it out.
    Whoa, a Pokemon game with an obvious story line? Didn't see that one before. (Don't give me B/W, it was obvious too.)
    Overall, her Team is very, very sloppy, and she was incredibly easy. I feel she's a clone of Cynthia; they tried to make another Cynthia, but failed pretty much in every aspect.
    You need to explain a bit, why is it sloppy?
    The way you described her Pokemon is silly. You can easily say crap like that with anything. "Cynthia's team consisted of a shark dragon, a god damned slug, overrated crap in lucario, a rock with a ghost face, and a buncha other crap". See how stupid that sounded yeah?
    Her team was pretty balanced overall. Gave me a bit of trouble, surprisingly enough. I'm not denying she was easy and out of the blue (although I like the latter aspect of her because I ****ing hated how in your face Cynthia was), but you're coming off as pretty silly here imo.

And she's far from a Cynthia clone.

Last edited:
    Years
  • *Spolers for those who haven't finished the game*

But anyway the thing I was most disappointed about in the game was the lack of post-game content, which wasn't too much considering we have the friend safari and the battle chateau and all of the online features. But specifically I was unimpressed about how the actual "quest" of the post-game had a better plot than the actual game (which I find humorous), and what really irked me was that they didn't even make that challenging! :/ The Looker quest I thought carried a decent story in its own, but I just wish that the trainers you battled (even if they were pre-schoolers at one point) had stronger pokemon. I mean, come on, we have beaten the elite four, the champion, our rival (again >_<) and can basically possess all of the possible mega-pokemon and items if we please, can we at least have Pkmn over lvl 70 to battle??? They just scaled it back down to 50 again, and climbed back up 70 (at the highest). I just wish they would have made the little battle interactive post-game material more challenging. Otherwise, loved the game, love them all honestly.

On a side note: I keep hearing people say "that there won't be any dlc because the Pokemon owner said there won't any dlc while I'm in charge…" or something along those lines. I could have sworn I read (and if I'm wrong then this is irrelevant) that he said there wouldn't be any "paid" dlc. If my memory serves me correctly, then doesn't this leave open room for dlc that unlocks further (already included but currently inaccessible) in-game content that maybe they weren't ready to release yet or just didn't want to, for free??? Or even extra content they hadn't perfected or yet again wanted to wait on, for free??? Idk, just a thought

Edit: It goes up to lvl 75, but ONLY TWO EASY POKEMON TO DEFEAT

Last edited by a moderator:

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • I'm going to sound like a broken record but...

No real postgame content. Some people say "What did you expect, another region?" but I say "No, I expected things to actually do!"

We got another Battle Station, the worst Safari Zone I've ever participated in and don't plan on participating in ever again, one town, a bunch of mega stones and some story plot about Looker.

I'm not saying the Battle Maison is bad. I'm just saying the entire post game shouldn't be based mostly around it and a few other things. It's not that interesting. The Safari Zone is a joke, plain and simple. If you know what it is, you probably know why I don't like it. Mega evolutions are not that great. I barely used my Blastionite, and when I did I only used it when I had a tough opponent like Draza's Goodra. But it didn't make much of a difference! And I don't even own half of the Pokémon that can mega evolve, so why should I go out of my way to catch, train and search for the mega stone that matches the Pokémon when it's not even necessary? Finally, they're very difficult to find. 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm for most of the stones? WHY. Just WHY. I don't see the purpose of that time frame at all. And the story plot with Looker? I'M SO BOOOORED OF LOOKER. He was in Black/White's story too, except that one actually have involvement with the original story plot: the Seven Sages. Now it's just Looker wants you to be his partner and- no. Just, no. It's boring, it's stupid, it's no.

"Oh but you can catch legendary Pokémon!" Yeah sure we can. Those Kanto birds, Mewtwo and Zygarde. We went from a thousand legends to barely five. I don't even want these legendary Pokemon. And why only Kanto? What is with this Kanto special treatment this generation? Barely any Pokemon fan likes Generation 1, other than a handful of Pokemon like Eevee and Ninetails and nostalgic reasons.

"Oh but with no post game you can restart and keep have different experiences!" If you continually restart anything it'll get boring and you'll start to dislike the game. That's not good.

The other things I was disappointed in was the big hype about mega evolutions and them not being very good, how overpowered Fairy types are, the unnecessary camera angles (especially in Lumiose City...), the amount of moves that I soon forgot about and never used or needed (Electric Terrain, Grassy Terrain, Misty Terrain, Play Nice...), the terrible pacing (it's rushed the first minute and then it takes you forever to get to the second gym the next) and a lot of the new Pokémon's designs. Gourgeist and Binacle especially.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2014
    Biggest dissapointment must been that i just caught yveltal on first try with low hp with a Great Ball to day.

Years
  • My only huge issue aside from fewer new pokemon, which is made up for (in-part) by megalutions and a huge amount of pokemon available with a new 3D model, is....FRAMERATE. The 3D battles are slow and choppy as well as the horde battles. Not sure if this is more of a 3DS hardware issue than it is a game issue.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • Dedenne not learning any decent fairy moves. 3:
    What's the point of it being part fairy if it can't use any moves. @.@
    Sure it gets play rough but it's attack based and Dedenne is clearly more on the sp Attack side. 3:
    I'll be training one anyway but alas.. just one sp attack fairy move please? ;~;

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    The biggest disappointment in my mind was the lack of a 3d model for the gym leaders. I mean... the flare grunts get them but not the gym leaders? I thought it was a bit lazy on their part... small potatoes, but still.

I also sort of despised the friends that followed you around. I'm looking at you, Tierno.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The only real issue I have right now is the skates, there are times when I just want to turn them off permanently for a short period of time. I know there's the D-Pad but it's difficult to maneuver with that after using the C-Pad for such a long time.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    There was only a few things that was disapointing:

NOT being able to take of that hat...

Gym leaders and the rival... I seriously face rolled everyone with my Furfou in Y.... Just Furfrou(Exeot for obviously the first gym as i didnt have one yet but my fennekin took care of that). I was in utter shock with i final faced the rival with more that 3 pokemon it was about time... thou a bit late.
    Now in X my Pangoro is doing everything..... Jhoto region still has the best gym leaders.

I was only mildly disapoted that the whole game wasnt in 3D. As i tipacly play it in 2D as 3D starts to hurt my eyes after a while.

I was hopeing for more new pokemon as this was a gen were i pretty much love all the new ones.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • The two things that disappointed me the most were the lack of an advanced move tutor and how easy the game was.

I was 13 and a half hours in before I got my second badge as I liked exploring, doing everything I possibly could and catching all the different Pokemon. This seemed to go against me though as I was about 10 levels higher than every Gym Leader and Elite Four member.

It's obviously my fault for exploring so much, but in that time I didn't grind or anything, just caught Pokemon.

Back