• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penutz

Breeder & Collector
Years
  • Since my brother hates changes in game (hes really stubborn). He may not get black/white. What i always do is i buy both the games (usally by trade-ins) and then let my brother pick which one. He picked soul silver cuz his 1st game was silver. Mine was ruby. So i got heartgold (and kinda wanted it).

Most of my friends will get black because its a "cool" color. Im most likely picking white unless something desperatly pulls me off it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    I need more information, but at this point I'm going to either get both or the one that has the better looking legendary on the cover.

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    My brother and I usually get one version each while the other gets the opposite version (he has LG, I have FR, he takes Diamond, I take Pearl, he wanted Lugia, I had to get Ho Oh). I'm hoping to get Pokemon Black just because Black is baaaad, but I'm prolly going to end up with White. xD

Stairmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    Oh, the new Pokemon games are called Black and White?

Well, I may be biased, but I'll have to go with Black.

rnstyip

"Next please!"
    Years
  • I'd get the third version, unless Black/White has some exclusives that the third one doesn't.

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    I don't really know, my choice really depends on the version-exclusive Pokemon and the version mascot.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 22, 2013
    I'll probably get Black and the third version. That's what I usually do- get one of the first two, and then get the third.

Black sounds more cool and evil. I doubt they're gonna let you be the villain, but I can still dream, right?

mystic_flygon

HG/SS Avid Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    I'll get both and then i'll compare it to each other. Then pick one. I think Black will be the winner.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I'l get Black, like the way i'm getting Red/Gold/Ruby/Diamond/HeartGold. Will eventually get White if i have enough spare time. Definitely get the third version

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
    Years
  • Im proberley going o purchase Black only because the colour black is dark and sinister and cool :D probs get white aswell if blacks amazing :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I'm getting neither. Why?

Well, I never play my Diamond version anymore. It was a waste of $35 once Platinum came out, because IMO, Platinum outclasses Diamond/Pearl in so many ways. Since the 3rd version to Black/White will be the same, I'm choosing not to waste $35 bucks on a game that will eventually be obsolete once the 3rd version comes.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Because of Zeckrom, I might choose White now, it just looks so cool, with it's name and all. I wish it was the Black Mascot, then again, you wouldn't be able to see it on the Box :P

MarioRocks08

No Longer Using This Account
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I'm getting both. When the third one comes out, I'll get that one too.

Saphie

Dragon Tamer
    Years
  • I'll get Black first. Reshiram is an awesome pokémon and is excusive to that game, and I was gonna get it from the start, so I definitely am.

I'm gonna get White, and the third game, later on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back