• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
  • There is a version difference. In Black besides the legendary, you can visit Black City and capture Gochiruzeru, and in White you visit the White Forest and can capture Rankurusu, that is why I am getting white, that and I like Zekrom better.

You are also forgetting the style difference. Pokemon White has more natural cities and Pokemon Black has more technological cities.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm getting both games. I know they're both almost the same but I want to see what it's like going with different starter Pokemon.

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I kinda assumed I'd be getting Black, as I liked the legendary, but I think I am going to be getting White. Basically because it seems like it will be the more natural one, as opposed to Black which I think will be more city stuff.

So if that turns out to be true, I'll definatley be getting White.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • It kind of depends on the version exclusives, but if I have enough money I would get both. If I can only get one I'll probably get Black because I like Reshiram better than Zekrom.
    Yeahh, ive considered getting black aswell to start of with, but i decided no. Oh and its weird how everyone in the start detested Reshiram, But no its the favorite of the two.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • Here's what I'll do:
    When they come out in English, I'm gonna downl- acquire Black AND White. I'm gonna do Black the way I played Pokemon when I was little, heck I'll use Reshiram against the 8th gym leader. Then I'll Nuzlocke White.
    When the director's cut version comes out, I'm gonna buy it (fo' real) for competitive battling.

Not like anyone cares.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Here's what I'll do:
    When they come out in English, I'm gonna downl- acquire Black AND White. I'm gonna do Black the way I played Pokemon when I was little, heck I'll use Reshiram against the 8th gym leader. Then I'll Nuzlocke White.
    When the director's cut version comes out, I'm gonna buy it (fo' real) for competitive battling.

Not like anyone cares.
    *Raises hand* I care. That seems like a good idea. I might do something like that, except im not a competetive battler.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • Metagaming keeps the game fun after you complete it, I say. Not that I don't suck, haha.
    Staying on topic, I'm playing black oldschool instead of white because I want reshiram. I probably won't get to catch it if I play Black Nuzlocke style. I never catch legendaries on my first try, haha.

Years
  • I prefer the legendary from the black version but eventually it will depend on my fellow pokemon friend. We are going to make sure we each get the other version so we can trade

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Atm, I am more tempted to buy Pokemon Black.
    But who knows, I might change my mind (I always tend to do.)

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
    Years
  • Game

I choose White. My bro Choose Black. I reckon the next one will be Brown { Not Rom hack version}

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'll be getting both Black and White. My main game will be Black and that's the one I'll be playing all the time (while my brother on the other hand will be playing White). When I complete Black and he completes White, we'll be switching and starting over in them to see the differences in between. :)

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • I'll be getting both Black and White. My main game will be Black and that's the one I'll be playing all the time (while my brother on the other hand will be playing White). When I complete Black and he completes White, we'll be switching and starting over in them to see the differences in between. :)
    Wow i wish i could so something like that. But isnt it anooying that you have to delete all your legendary's ect..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back