• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
Years
  • I already ordered Pokemon Black in Japanese, but when it comes out in America I'll get Pokemon Black and White again... Then I'll probably get the third version when that comes out.

Years
  • It depends which Pokemon are available to me, really. As long as i get Doryuzuu, Wargle, Denchura, Desukan, etc, ill be happy. If all of those aren't exclusive, ill get White, because Zekrom is win. :3

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2010
    i will be getting white, because in pokemon white you can catch zekrom, and in my opinion, zekrom is cooler then reshiram:)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • When I first found out about these two games, I initially chose White as I prefere it much more to Black.

Pre-ordered White from PlayAsia 1st August, got shipped yesterday (17th September) been tracking it all day :P 2 Hours away now so should arrive 21st September (Monday) can't wait! :D

Years
  • I'm going to get black when it comes out in america. my first thought was to get black (always go with your gut feeling!). then I was not sure of the two.... thinking maybe white.... then black again.... then white....

well I've come across a thread here that informed me that reshiram is a nature pokemon, and its counterpart is a mechanical pokemon. well since reshiram is in pokemon black, that's what I'll be getting :) st. francis is the patron saint of nature and stuff (the environment) and he's my confirmation saint :D

go black!

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
  • I will be choosing the White version.

I dislike the color black, it's too emo for me. Not to mention almost everyone I knew around me was going to get it, so I opted to get White so there could be some kind of difference and we could trade pokemon and etc without much trouble from each versions.

Glad I picked White! I love love love Zekrom. His color is okay with me, but I mostly love his design. Not to mention his typing makes me giddy. Also Rankurusu is in White and I love it to death. <3 I really did not want to get Jynx's gothic cousin.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Personally, after watching a walkthrough of the new games on Youtube (be LePokemonElite), I hate the looks of these games. They remind me too much of Digimon, and has a completely alien feel to it. I liked the old games much more. I'll still get either Black or White (probably White), but only to try it out. from the looks of the game, I don't think I'm going to like it very much.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I actually ordered and am playing the Black version. However, when the game is available in English, I will buy White, then maybe the third version.

I always try all versions.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • Both.

This generation, for me, from what we've seen thus far, seems too fun to miss out on the other. (And for the common madness of restarting one version, and sticking around on another.)
    This. Completely.

And, of course, the fact that I have a compulsive need to own every single Pokemon version. (:

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    White. I'm not an emo, so Black City and the miserable pokemon aren't appealing to me. White Forest looks amazing too.

Years

• WHITE DEFF. WHITE CAUSE OF THE LEGENDARY ZEKROM
    AND THE OTHER ONE THAT FLYING AND ELECTRIC

CAUSE IN WHITE ITS ONLY FLYING

I MEANT THE ONE IN BLACK IS ONLY FLYING

Last edited:

CurseShooter

Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • Luckily I bought both versions :D Currently playing Black, once I'm done (currently battling N) I'll start white and Catch all of the Pokemon (Legitly)

nSpire

#1 Liz Thompson fanboy <3
    Years
  • Getting White.

I already made my team >;3
    6igxad.png

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Black. It appeals more to me.