• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black or White?

• Total voters

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
  • Going for White because Zekrom owns. And because Iris owns. And yeah, White Forest.

I'll get the third game as well. There was no option for that combination in the poll, though.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • ★ Which game are you getting and why?
    Probably black, because I like Reshiram more than Zekrom. Let's just ignore the innuedo.. :$
    ★ If you've already gotten one of the games, do you regret getting that one and would prefer getting the other one? Or are you fine with what you have and if so, what makes you prefer that game?

Still have to wait until spring.. :(
    ★ If you're getting both, why?

I just buy one game, thats enough for me.
    ★ Or are you waiting for the third game?

That would probably the best option if you want the best of the three, since the third is always an Upgraded version of the other two. However, that makes you eager if you know black and white are out and you have to wait another year to pass... So no, I won't go for that option.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    I have Black in Japanese right now, and then White in Spanish, :3

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
  • I will inevitably be getting all three, just as I have since the first generation.

However, I'll be choosing White first, because Zekrom is simply awesome.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I plan to get Whit namely do to Rankurusu,White Forest and I like Zekrom's design and typing better than Resheram (Spelling?)

Roy-Chibi

ふういんのつるぎ
    Years
  • I have Black mainly because I'll be getting White in English~ ;x

And I'll get Grey version-whatever-it's-called too. Lol.
    Kyurem = sexy.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Does anyone else understand why churine and monmen are exclusives when you can trade for the other one. I mean you just have to travel to the next city! I mean, maybe if it was like the 6th town or so, but the one right after you catch it?

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • White, definitely. Zekrom is just awesome, and I have this white theme going on, so I feel obligated to get it (I actually have Yin and Yang friendship necklace type things, and I happen to have the white portion).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Does anyone else understand why churine and monmen are exclusives when you can trade for the other one. I mean you just have to travel to the next city! I mean, maybe if it was like the 6th town or so, but the one right after you catch it?

Well imo, it's to make Black not seem as bad, because most of the "popular" exclusives are in White (except Reshiram), while Black misses out on Churine, Wooguru, etc. So... to make it fairer, or something along those lines.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

• Well imo, it's to make Black not seem as bad, because most of the "popular" exclusives are in White (except Reshiram), while Black misses out on Churine, Wooguru, etc. So... to make it fairer, or something along those lines.

Ummm what? lol, some people might like the pokemon in White better. I like the vulture better than the eagle. And Erufuun is very popular, I think more so than Doredia. I think it might be for those who are unable to trade, through Wi-Fi or any other means. So an ingame trade is necessary to help people fill their dex with pokemon they are unable to get any other way.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Or alternatively that, but I just know that post people I've spoken to have said that White has better Pokemon. So, yeah. But still, even so, you'd need the other version exclusives to fill up the pokedex that are popular too. It's kinda strange tbh.

I'll still prefer White's Pokemon, though!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Or alternatively that, but I just know that post people I've spoken to have said that White has better Pokemon. So, yeah. But still, even so, you'd need the other version exclusives to fill up the pokedex that are popular too. It's kinda strange tbh.

I'll still prefer White's Pokemon, though!

Yeah I still like White pokemon better as well, Yuniran FTW!! But I like Blacks legendary better. That is why I am going to get both, as well as so one of the games I can play seriously and get the events through, and the other I will muck around in and maybe restart a couple of times.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    after playing R/S,i was little boared to play Emerald,because i already seen the land and pokemon.
    this happend again; after i played D/P,Pt came out,and I was little bored to play sinoh again,even througe it had many new things.
    this time i won't repeat the mistake. i will wait for the third game in GenV.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I dunno , i mean if you played it non stop for 2 years i can understand but i got white imported im on my 3rd time playing thru it and im not in the least bored. Im also planing on getting black and white when they come out in the U.S....If you can wait till the 3rd game ill give it to you , but for someone who truly enjoyed pokemon since red and blue came out i couldn't do it . Lol i couldn't even wait for the english version to come out

Back