• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black/White 2 & Mascots discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't think it'll be an unreleased Pokemon honestly, because they've never done that in the past. It's really nice for them to keep people playing if they have an unreleased Pokemon to look forward to and I highly doubt they'd make them fairly common like other legendaries.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Agreeing with Toujours. Unless they're released before the end of Black and White, then chances are they won't be making an appearance as the title legendary in the next game. Sure they -could- but if the data is in Black and White, and there are pre-planned events, why bother doing that? ;x

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2014
    Its pretty obvious that Kyurem is going to be the mascot for the 3rd game. As for the name, "Pokemon Grey" is the common opinion but i think its way too preditable and gamefreaks gonna name it something completely unexpected to surprise the Pokemon universe.

Zephyn

Rainmaker
    Years
  • It's almost definitely going to be Kyurem. It is clearly related to Zekrom and Reshiram - just look at Freeze Shock and Ice Burn.

As for the name, I think it will be Gray. I guess I wouldn't be very surprised if it turned out to be Chrome, though.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I agree, although it would be nice to get an unexpected surprise. I think Nintendo know that most fans are experting Gray, it will be something irrelevant I'd say.

Last edited:

RockinRiolu

Party time!
    Years
  • The mascot will more than likely be Kyurem, since the other two out of the Tao Trio are the other mascots.
    As for the name, It'll have something to do with Grey/gray, I mean, look at black and white. It'll probably be in the middle. But, Gray/grey will be too obvious. They'll probably use something unexpected, like Chrome, or Slate, or some kind of grey.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm going to be a minority, and say I don't want a third game, despite the fact there probably will be one.

I'd like a surprise for sure, I came up with the name "Luster" a while back for the cover contest a while back (which came runner up), as for the mascot, like most people have mentioned countless times now - it's bound to be Kyurem, we hardly know a lot about it, which is a lot like Giratina in that way, the way they're in inaccessible (before national dex) somewhat similar areas. But yeah, sort of just assuming what's already been assumed here.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I a theory that links Kyurem to the god's stone. You know how Kyurem has rem at the end, well when ever I see the word Theorem I think of Kyurem. And one of the meanings of the root word theo is god...hence why it's called God stone. Plus god being beyond good and evil in some myth,ect. Anyways what I'm getting with this is getting proof that Kyurem will be the mascot for the third version...beyond saying it's obvious.
    Also Gray sounds like Glacier. and means between black and white, good and evil. Plus Kyurem's pokedex color is...gray!

Here's another name possiblity for fun, twilight, cause twilight is between dark and light and the stone's are called Dark stone and Light stone...

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Gray most definitely. It goes with the names of the other two, and Kyurem. Unless they want to invent a different legendary.

Years
  • Kyurem is strange in that it could've used any of the previous third version names as it's own had they not been taken (except for emerald) as they seem to match it, being Blue, having Yellow, Having a crystal body, being the same color as platinum (grey)... I wonder if Game freak made Kyurem based on this...

Anyways Kyurem will proably be the third version mascot due to it's resemblence to the other two legends and having secluded location which is hard to get to or a long time to obtain (Suicune you had to chase at least in GS,Sky Pillar you had to ride your bike quickly and turn correctly to get Rayquaza, Turn back cave you had to go in the correct path though all that fog..., and for the Giant Chasm you need to get to a point in the center of the place to activate the event which most people proably wouldn't know about if they hadn't gone on a wiki or had a Guide)

Years
  • Some how I think gamefreak will throw us all off with the mascot and title. I do see Kyurem being the mascot, perhaps in an alternate form(like maybe Kyurem standing up instead of on all 4's) or they could throw in Keldeo as the mascot, seeing as it has a tie-in with the legendary fighting pokemon.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Some how I think gamefreak will throw us all off with the mascot and title. I do see Kyurem being the mascot, perhaps in an alternate form(like maybe Kyurem standing up instead of on all 4's) or they could throw in Keldeo as the mascot, seeing as it has a tie-in with the legendary fighting pokemon.

I doubt Keldeo 100% mainly because it is an event Pokemon. That would make Keldeo's novelty as an event Pokemon in BW be thrown away, and make it a simple legendary like the others. Landorus is a more possible mascot, seeing the special way it requires to be encountered, much like how Rayquaza is in RSE. (not the same, but alike)

Kyurem is the most possible candidate for me.

Years
  • When it comes to mascot it comes down to Landorus and Kyurem with Kyurem winning due to it's typing ...but we could be wrong...and Brown would kind of match as it's the combination of Yellow,Green,Blue and Red (the first three/four games)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Some how I think gamefreak will throw us all off with the mascot and title. I do see Kyurem being the mascot, perhaps in an alternate form(like maybe Kyurem standing up instead of on all 4's) or they could throw in Keldeo as the mascot, seeing as it has a tie-in with the legendary fighting pokemon.

Fun fact: Kyurem already stands on two legs. :3

Landorus is the only other really viable third game mascot but I really doubt it'll even be that.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • We're probably going to find out for sure on Saturday, judging from what Matsuda said. And it's probably going to be Grey and Kyurem, etc etc.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The queer ice dragon one.
    Pokemon Desaturate.

I personally don't think that's the best description of Kyurem ;x But why do you say Desaturate? Because colour is sorta gone? Don't think they'd use words that aren't colours/gems/metals, though :(

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Fun fact: Kyurem already stands on two legs. :3

Landorus is the only other really viable third game mascot but I really doubt it'll even be that.
    Why would you say Landorus? I think that would be pretty awkward since it's part of a trio that aren't mascots of Black and White. It just seems unfitting.

If anything, Genesect would probably have a better chance of being the mascot, but Kyurem is the best bet. It just goes in with Reshiram and Zekrom and I couldn't see any other mascot for the third game. Kyurem should get the attention it deserves anyway haha. :B

I think they should have Kyurem's original form be the mascot for Gray and have something special in-game for it to transform into its other form.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back