• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I opened an Ancient Origins booster box today. I also opened some other stuff.
    The box had Steven FA, Sceptile ex and the mega, Tyranitar ex and the mega, Hoopa ex and 6 holos. So it was a good box overall but nothing I really needed, including 6 revs I still need.

I found some repackaged Plasma Storm packs at Walmart, they were 4.19 and came in a blue cardboard/plastic thing. Interestingly I got 2 exs and 3 holos out of 5 of them. The exs were White Kyurem and Victini. I also bought another tin, the Hoopa tin. It had a Giratina ex and a holo. This is my 13th tin to contain an ex, it's also the first tin to contain a Kyorge pack from Primal Clash.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Okay, so funny story.

I have this habit of stashing cards around the house and I don't really know why? I just open boosters where ever I'm sitting and put the cards down somewhere and then that's that! Many get left just hanging around. So yesterday my bf was digging in the pantry and found a bunch of cards I had left in there. Yes.. in the pantry.
    Spoiler:

And there sat this beautiful bastard. We found Lysandre in my pantry. :I

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I opened a Mega Mewtwo Y collection today, I pulled a Machamp ex and a M Latios ex.
    Then I opened the Celebi Breakthrough pack, I got a Meloetta holo
    In the Sableye pack I got Gengar holo and Typhlosion rev.
    I also opened the Zoroark pin blister, it had a Glalie ex, Chesnaught Break and Mismagius holo.
    I also opened the Jirachi XY67 promo pack.

The holos are cool but the holo foil itself is almost invisible, to be honest you can't tell they're holos.

I noticed the new tin which I likely won't open, and the new Pikachu and Hoopa ex boxes, but those will have to wait.
    Also found a box at Toys R Us, it has 5 packs, I believe it had XY, Flashfire, Furious Fists, Legendary Treasures and a pop series pack, also it has a deck, a code card and a holo I think. I did find one with a Pop Series 1 pack in it but it's 50 dollars so pass.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I got my Break Through booster box 2 days early.
    Opened it up the next day since I had to work.
    Once I get the photos and videos ready, I'll share them.

Videos: part 1 - part 2 - parts 3 - part 4

What I got:
    EX, Full Arts, or Mega:
    Glalie EX Full Art
    M Glalie EX
    Mewtwo EX
    M Mewtwo Y EX

Break Cards:
    Florgess
    Raichu
    and the #1 card I wanted I also got: Zoroark

Other cards or Rares:
    Raikou Rare Holo (55/162)
    Xerneas Holo (107/162)
    Yveltal Holo (94/100)
    Raichu Rare Holo (49/162)
    Mismagius Rare Holo(66/162)

For my favorite Pokemon this time:
    Zorua: 8- 3 with the bow in it's head (90/100), 5 other (89/100)
    Zoroark: 2 + 1 Break
    Fennekin: 5
    Braixen: 2

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I opened the last Ancient Origins booster box from my case today.
    It contained
    M Tyranitar FA
    Primal Kyogre FA
    Trainers' Mail
    Hoopa Ex
    Ampharos Ex
    M Ampharos Ex
    M Tyranitar Ex

So I did get a secret rare and a primal full art in the last box. Also Kyorge was the only one that I had only 1 of before opening the case. I had two Groudon's from Bandit Ring and 1 Rayquaza from Bandit Ring and 1 Rayquaza from Ancient Origins so glad it wasn't a duplicate.
    I also got all 5 revs I needed in the last box, Goodra 60, Vileplume 3, Claydol 33 and Volcarona 18.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2015
    Hey guys this is rawveloution here. i have a brand new pokemon channel i want to get out there. it is about pokemon and pokemon cards all together. if you guys want to go and take a look heres a link to my first video thanks and dont forget to subscribe ,comment and like plzzz and thank you... my channel name is RAWveloution ...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I opened a Mega Mewtwo X box today, as well as the Pikachu Ex and Hoopa Ex boxes.

The X box contained my second ultra rare pulled from Breakthrough.
    Spoiler:
    Also a holo.

The Hoopa Ex box contained a M Tyranitar FA, a holo and a Noivern Break
    The Pikachu Ex box had 3 holos.

Unfortunately the full art promos from the Pikachu and Hoopa Ex boxes had excessive edgewear. To the point that one card had silver running along all four edges and gold debris covering the card.

I wasn't sure how Pokémon would damage these promos since they are just sitting in a tray with no ridges, but they found a way.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I just started opening up my Pokemon Break Through Booster Box and want some people to tell me if what I got is good, I am not to familiar with this new set! Im happy to be a part of this community, and hope to make a good impression!

Pokemon Cards - Break Through Booster Box Opening (2/6)

It's dooderfood!

Years
  • I opened a Mega Mewtwo X box today, as well as the Pikachu Ex and Hoopa Ex boxes.

The X box contained my second ultra rare pulled from Breakthrough.
    Spoiler:
    Also a holo.

The Hoopa Ex box contained a M Tyranitar FA, a holo and a Noivern Break
    The Pikachu Ex box had 3 holos.

Unfortunately the full art promos from the Pikachu and Hoopa Ex boxes had excessive edgewear. To the point that one card had silver running along all four edges and gold debris covering the card.

I wasn't sure how Pokémon would damage these promos since they are just sitting in a tray with no ridges, but they found a way.

I think I just found a new card for my top ten favorite cards. Pirouette Meloetta and Mewtwo on the same card? Yes, please.

Anyway, started opening a Hoopa EX tin something like a week ago and just remembered I never finished opening it tonight:

Ancient Origins Pack 1: reverse holo Gyarados, Bright Heal Gardevoir, Ampharos Spirit Link
    Ancient Origins Pack 2: Porygon-Z, Energy Recycler
    Roaring Skies Pack: Dustox, Latios Spirit Link
    Primal Clash Pack: reverse holo Kyogre Spirit Link, Starmie, Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick, Exp. Share

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I opened the collectors chest, only holo card in it was a Glalie ex... Oh well.

I've also been opening some Zoroark packs trying to get a perfect pack art. In every promo box or pack I opened recently none had a Zoroark pack art, and of course those all opened easily.

Years
  • I opened the collectors chest, only holo card in it was a Glalie ex... Oh well.

I've also been opening some Zoroark packs trying to get a perfect pack art. In every promo box or pack I opened recently none had a Zoroark pack art, and of course those all opened easily.

Sounds like you haven't had the best of luck, but it could definitely still have been worse.

As for me, I opened a Mega Latios Collection box. Which does not come with a Mega Latios card, just a Mega Latios figure.

Roaring Skies Pack 1: Swellow, Healing Scarf, Steven
    Roaring Skies Pack 2: Swellow, Revive
    Primal Clash Pack: Groudon EX
    Phantom Forces Pack: Malamar EX, Steel Shelter, Gengar Spirit Link

Was not expecting 2 EXs in those last two packs, especially with Swellow being the rare in both of the Roaring Skies packs.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I haven't messed around with Pokemon cards in like 4 years (but I still remember how to play) but we felt like buying 2 booster packs today.
    Here's the reveals
    Spoiler:

Nothing too interesting other than the Wailord EX.
    On further expectation it is cut somewhat wierdly.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Personally I love super miscut ultra rares, when I say super miscut I mean you can see another card along the edge, this is the first full art I've seen to be super miscut. I'm thinking that's Primal Kyogre on the left.

On the flipside it's just further confirmation Pokemon fired the quality control manager and was in the process of hiring a new one during Primal Clash.

Years
  • Personally I love super miscut ultra rares, when I say super miscut I mean you can see another card along the edge, this is the first full art I've seen to be super miscut. I'm thinking that's Primal Kyogre on the left.

On the flipside it's just further confirmation Pokemon fired the quality control manager and was in the process of hiring a new one during Primal Clash.

How can you be so certain this happened, though?

Anyway, opened a lone BREAKthrough pack today. It contained the following trainers and rares: reverse holo Octillery, Marowak, and Judge.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Because miscut ultra rares are common on Primal Clash, they seem to have fixed them by Breakthrough though so they must have hired a new quality control person.....lol

Anyways I opened a Y Mewtwo etb, it had a Mega Mewtwo y ex, my 2nd one of course, but it also contained a Xerneas holo and Vivillon holo so 2 new cards. I also got a pack art for Gold Zoroark from the set for my pack art collection. Overall it wasn't worth the money, kind of bad actually. I might opened the other box, not sure yet.

However I noticed Target also started stocking XY base set through Roaring Skies in their $3.33 bin, at first I thought maybe the packs were weighed because I had bad luck. But today I had great luck, I actually went through the box and bought 5 packs which I found to be stiffer then the other packs.

I pulled Jirachi holo, Gallade full art, Regigigas holo, Azumarill holo and Latios ex.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I bought 6 tins at Target on Thursday. I also got a new blister pack that contained galaxy holo cards including Flygon, Hydreigon and Noivern. I've opened 5 of the tins.
    The 3 holo card blister had contained my 2nd full art ever pulled from Breakthrough, the 163 Mewtwo full art. I usually pull the secret rares either 1pst, 2nd or 3rd when I buy packs from a set, for example the Silver Dialga was my 3rd ultra pulled in PF, also got Trainers Mail first or second, but I've never pulled 2 of them at the start.

I pulled a Kyorge Full Art in my most recent tin,a Hoopa tin, in a Deoxys tin I pulled my first Slurpuff holo,though I did purchase both holos in the past, it's nice to finally get one in a pack. Also a Shaymin Ex in a Rayquaza tin.
    Spoiler:

A Mega Mewtwo Y Pin blister contained a M Houndoom Ex and a Xerneas Holo.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Another random house find. Was cleaning a bookcase downstairs. And what do I find between the books? These beauties.

Spoiler:

My penchant for hiding cards around the house pays off yet again!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I didn't mention before but my last Black Friday tin, a Rayquaza tin had a Steven FA.

I recently opened a Latios tin and it had a Sceptile Ex, a Latios Ex(the set one, I'm not referring to the promo, and a Volcarona Holo.

I'm actually now 3 tins away from opening a second case of these tins, not a sealed case. And interestingly my first "case" had 7 full arts, this one so far has 2, but it does also have 5 exs and 6 holos. My first case also had no 4 nhr tins, but this one has two.

I also opened the new Chandelure and Eelektross packs and pulled another Glalie ex. My ultras from Breakthrough now consist of 3 Glalie exs, 2 Mega Mewtwo Y exs and 2 of the Blue secret rare Mewtwo full arts... Granted i haven't been opening a lot of packs, mostly just the promo packs. I will probably have more opportunities to open these packs in 2016.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I opened a Mega Mewtwo X pin blister and got another Mega Mewtwo Y ex.

I also opened a Mega Mewtwo X elite trainer box and had a pretty good etb, it had a M Glalie ex, Houndoom ex, Chesnaught Break, Mismagius holo and Vivillon holo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back