• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
  • Gothility (The Noble Pokemon)

Type: Psychic/Steel

How to get it: Level up a Male Gothorita holding an Armor Plate (New Item)

Pokedex Entry: Few match it's honour and nobility. A meeting with this Pokémon will give the viewer a great sense of worth. Some believe it is the Rival to Gallade.

Ablity: Justified or Hidden Ability Shadow Tag

Strengths - Unrivalled Defense and Great Special Defense with Great Attack.

Weaknesses: Terrible speed with middling Special Attack.

Looks: Gothility has a black helmet with an open Visor showing his eyes. The hair of the Gothorita has become the feathered helmet top. The numerous bow markings have far lessened with only two bow emblems on the elbows of it's armour and one on the lapel. It also carries a large sword and learns Swords Dance and Iron defense on Evolution.

Signature move: Noble Rend: Has 120 Power and is steel type, accuracy same as Hydro Pump.

Mega? - Yes. It gains a cape similar to Gallade and has an open helmet. It's ability changes to sheer force.

Shiny Form - Purple in it's regular form and White in Mega Form

Worth Catching? - Yes. It's regular form is a more defensive alternative to Gallade and it's Mega is the one of the hardest hitters in the entire game.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Gothility (The Noble Pokemon)

Type: Psychic/Steel

How to get it: Level up a Male Gothorita holding an Armor Plate (New Item)

Pokedex Entry: Few match it's honour and nobility. A meeting with this Pokémon will give the viewer a great sense of worth. Some believe it is the Rival to Gallade.

Ablity: Justified or Hidden Ability Shadow Tag

Strengths - Unrivalled Defense and Great Special Defense with Great Attack.

Weaknesses: Terrible speed with middling Special Attack.

Looks: Gothility has a black helmet with an open Visor showing his eyes. The hair of the Gothorita has become the feathered helmet top. The numerous bow markings have far lessened with only two bow emblems on the elbows of it's armour and one on the lapel. It also carries a large sword and learns Swords Dance and Iron defense on Evolution.

Signature move: Noble Rend: Has 120 Power and is steel type, accuracy same as Hydro Pump.

Mega? - Yes. It gains a cape similar to Gallade and has an open helmet. It's ability changes to sheer force.

Shiny Form - Purple in it's regular form and White in Mega Form

Worth Catching? - Yes. It's regular form is a more defensive alternative to Gallade and it's Mega is the one of the hardest hitters in the entire game.

I was expecting a a male victorian variant, with a top hat and/or ruffles. {XD}

The one in my imagine has the name of Gothlivan. {XD}
    Derived from Goth and Sullivan, Sullivan means dark eyes.

Years
  • Gothility is definitely a good alternate evolution on Gothita's line! You really put a lot of details into it.
    Gotta love Ovnee's stats, it's a perfect tank that packs a punch at the same time.

I got inspired, so I made another! This one's a legendary, and has a lore associated with it.
    Spoiler:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Gothility is definitely a good alternate evolution on Gothita's line! You really put a lot of details into it.
    Gotta love Ovnee's stats, it's a perfect tank that packs a punch at the same time.

I got inspired, so I made another! This one's a legendary, and has a lore associated with it.
    Spoiler:

Dragoz, please extend the topic if you want or need to. :)
    Otherwise Gothet and Mewtwolover are open to make a new topic soon.~

EDIT: Ah.. Since Gothet and Mewtwolover didn't make a new topic, while Dragoz didn't extend his new topic. So here I go.
    New topic: What difference would it make if Psychic-type didn't exist in Pokémon game? (Can be your own feeling or thoughts to the Pokémon franchise as a whole.)

Last edited:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • What difference would it make if Psychic-type didn't exist in Pokémon game? (Can be your own feeling or thoughts to the Pokémon franchise as a whole.)
    It would make a notable difference because it would feel that something is missing. Obviously I'd likely have different favorite Pokémons if Psychic-type didn't exist.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • What difference would it make if Psychic-type didn't exist in Pokémon game? (Can be your own feeling or thoughts to the Pokémon franchise as a whole.)
    My mind instantly went to the pure Psychic-types. I mean, those dual-types can easily be replaced with another, but think of the evolutionary lines of Abra, Ralts(before VI), Drowzee, Gothita, Solosis, among others. It got me thinking if they wouldn't exist at all, or be probably different pokemons with similar design.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    What difference would it make if Psychic-type didn't exist in Pokémon game? (Can be your own feeling or thoughts to the Pokémon franchise as a whole.)
    It would make a notable difference because it would feel that something is missing. Obviously I'd likely have different favorite Pokémons if Psychic-type didn't exist.

Ah this nearly skipped my mind!
    I would like to applaud Mewtwolover for voting our Psychic-type Club as Club of The Month, because of that one vote our Club is officially The Club of the month.

Dragoz and Gothet please explain for the lack of your votes. <<< Just completely kidding!~ {XD}

But yeah, thanks again for supporting and making this club active! This club wouldn't be the same without any of you!

Years
  • Ah this nearly skipped my mind!
    I would like to applaud Mewtwolover for voting our Psychic-type Club as Club of The Month, because of that one vote our Club is officially The Club of the month.

Dragoz and Gothet please explain for the lack of your votes. <<< Just completely kidding!~ {XD}

But yeah, thanks again for supporting and making this club active! This club wouldn't be the same without any of you!

{D:}{D:}{D:}{D:}{D:}{D:}{D:} There was something like that? Well, we won anyway, but I kinda feel bad for not noticing the event. It seems I gotta pay more attention.

Anyways, something kinda off-topic, I was searching the Smilies and found(for some reason, only now) the little Trozei thingies.... and look.... :t282: that's just so cute!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    {D:}{D:}{D:}{D:}{D:}{D:}{D:} There was something like that? Well, we won anyway, but I kinda feel bad for not noticing the event. It seems I gotta pay more attention.

Anyways, something kinda off-topic, I was searching the Smilies and found(for some reason, only now) the little Trozei thingies.... and look.... :t282: that's just so cute!

You really should feel bad. {XD} Just teasing.~

The whole orange one is a section you should be paying attention at, while the red part means those are the threads to pay with extra attention. Last but never least is our one and only Psychic-type Altar. *bows before the club*

There are a few more Psychic-type smilies, try to look for them!

So... Should we start a Psychic-type challenge? It's inspired by our lovely Gothet's Fairy-type challenge.~

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • - Your nickname: Ket/Ketsu
    - Your Psychic-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Ralts
    - Reason for joining the club: Psychic is my favourite type and it has been so since I first played Sapphire all those years ago and I always use one in every game. It also helps that Gardevoir, my favourite Pokemon was always a Psychic type! That being said, the main reason I want to join is so that I can socialize and have fun with everyone while enjoying Psychic types. In summary, good friends, good conversation, good fun xD

Which Psychic Type which currently does not have a Mega Evolution do you want/needs a Mega Evolution?
    Which Psychic Pokemon which has a Mega Evolution do you think did not need one?
    I'd love to see A Mega-Mr. Mime. Sounds like a scary thought but hey, I think it'd be really cool xD As to who doesn't need one, I'd have to say Mewtwo. Mewtwo is cool and I love Mewtwo Y but it was already so overpowered that a mega evolution seems a little too much.

Thanks for reading and have an awesome day!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    - Your nickname: Ket/Ketsu
    - Your Psychic-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Ralts
    - Reason for joining the club: Psychic is my favourite type and it has been so since I first played Sapphire all those years ago and I always use one in every game. It also helps that Gardevoir, my favourite Pokemon was always a Psychic type! That being said, the main reason I want to join is so that I can socialize and have fun with everyone while enjoying Psychic types. In summary, good friends, good conversation, good fun xD

Which Psychic Type which currently does not have a Mega Evolution do you want/needs a Mega Evolution?
    Which Psychic Pokemon which has a Mega Evolution do you think did not need one?
    I'd love to see A Mega-Mr. Mime. Sounds like a scary thought but hey, I think it'd be really cool xD As to who doesn't need one, I'd have to say Mewtwo. Mewtwo is cool and I love Mewtwo Y but it was already so overpowered that a mega evolution seems a little too much.

Thanks for reading and have an awesome day!

Welcome and thank you very much for joining this club. ;)
    I like your joining reason. Make sure to stay active then, as our club has a lot of topics to talk about!
    You are also free to answer the topics we've talked about before. :)

A fellow Psychic-type Club member, Gothet has been playing a mono-type challenge lately. So he inspired me to start an event for our Psychic-type Club.~ What do you say?

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Thank you for accepting me and welcoming me so warmly! I hope to get to know everyone a lot better as time flies by ^.^

As for the idea of an event, yeah, definitely! It'll be fun xD

---------------- I'll do the Kadabra Controversy -------------------

Do you really think Kadabra is based on the aforementioned self proclaim-psychic?
    I doubt it. A company as big as Nintendo is/was probably wouldn't risk creating something so easily noticed.

Do you think the symbol on Kadabra's abdomen is a representative of Nazi Germany?
    Again, I doubt it. People need to realize that sometimes, it's just a star and a few lines.

The article mentions Kadabra still evolves through trading even if it's equipped with Everstone*, is it really a coincidence?
    I don't think it was a mistake. I believe GameFreak/Nintendo wanted to do as much as they could to put and end to it and so they did the best they could without removing him completely.

Do you think it was a wise decision to not feature Kadabra in any printed materials*? Why?
    Well, yes. The reason is the same as it is for the previous question. They had to end it as soon as they could before it inflated enough to affect the franchise as a whole. After all, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Following the previous question, Abra gained a special permission to directly evolve into Alakazam in TCG*. Eventually the Abra line seems to have vanished from the TCG*. Do you think that's too much? Or was it a correct move from Nintendo*?
    Was it the correct move? No. I feel that if they gave Abra the ability to evolve into Alakazam every card, it would be okay. However, was it the necessary move? Yes. The sad truth it, society loves drama and controversy. If it were allowed to continue, it would have blown up so much that they'd have to pay millions in lawsuits/even cancel the franchise (probably not but the risk was not worth running).

While Jynx received a color change, Kadabra's design remained untouched. Was it fair?
    This is a question I'll answer with personal taste in mind. The new Jinx looks a lot better than the old one did so yes. Purple fits for some reason.

Which Pokémon between Jynx and Kadabra, has the worse controversy in your opinion? Did they deserve the 'punishment' they received?
    Kadabra definitely has the worse one. Jynx's controversy is understandable and easily fixed. Kadabra's, on the other hand, was a lot more coincidental and had a wider effect on the game (the removal of the entire Abra line from the TCG!). Jynx's wasn't a punishment but the change was fair and therefore, yes, she deserved it. Kadabra's punishment was a bit overboard and not entirely fair but somewhat necessary anyway.

Phew! That was actually pretty fun! ^.^ Might do Jynx next xD

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Ah this nearly skipped my mind!

Did not know there was such a thing. But yay Psychic Type is Club of the Month. :)

Welcome Stest12. It is nice to see I am not the only one in the club whose favourite Pokemon is Gardevoir. :)

Now onto the question

What would the games be like without Psychic Type?

Fighting-type would be overpowered with no weaknesses until Gen 6 and people wouldn't mention how Psychic was so broken in Gen 1.

I think however that a few Psychic Type Pokemon would still be in the games though with different types

Gardevoir Line - Grass/Fairy
    Jynx line - Ice/Normal
    Gothitelle line - Dark
    Solosis Line and Mr Mime - Normal
    Solrock and Lunatone - Rock

No Psychic-types would mean a big drop in Legends though. No Mewtwo or Mew, No Azelf, Mesquit, or Uxie, no Cresselia or Jirachi and No Victini.

No Sabrina either, in short the games would be less fun without Psychic Type.

A Psychic Type Monotype? In Alpha Sapphire that gives access to Gardevoir, Girafarig, Wobbuffet, Lunatone, Alakazam and Grumpig...That's not a bad team.
    (Fairy Type Monotype gave me a team of 4 to take on Steven)

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Did not know there was such a thing. But yay Psychic Type is Club of the Month. :)

Welcome Stest12. It is nice to see I am not the only one in the club whose favourite Pokemon is Gardevoir. :)

Now onto the question

What would the games be like without Psychic Type?

Fighting-type would be overpowered with no weaknesses until Gen 6 and people wouldn't mention how Psychic was so broken in Gen 1.

I think however that a few Psychic Type Pokemon would still be in the games though with different types

Gardevoir Line - Grass/Fairy
    Jynx line - Ice/Normal
    Gothitelle line - Dark
    Solosis Line and Mr Mime - Normal
    Solrock and Lunatone - Rock

No Psychic-types would mean a big drop in Legends though. No Mewtwo or Mew, No Azelf, Mesquit, or Uxie, no Cresselia or Jirachi and No Victini.

No Sabrina either, in short the games would be less fun without Psychic Type.

A Psychic Type Monotype? In Alpha Sapphire that gives access to Gardevoir, Girafarig, Wobbuffet, Lunatone, Alakazam and Grumpig...That's not a bad team.
    (Fairy Type Monotype gave me a team of 4 to take on Steven)

Wooohooo Gardevoir!

Also, I'm unsure whether discussing answers to topics is allowed but Gothitelle, to me at least, seems more of a Ghost type, especially with Shadow tag now and Gardevoir would be so bad as a Grass type xD

Furthermore, little note, Fighting is also weak to Flying so it wouldn't be weakness-less till gen VI ^.^

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Wooohooo Gardevoir!

Also, I'm unsure whether discussing answers to topics is allowed but Gothitelle, to me at least, seems more of a Ghost type, especially with Shadow tag now and Gardevoir would be so bad as a Grass type xD

Furthermore, little note, Fighting is also weak to Flying so it wouldn't be weakness-less till gen VI ^.^

I forgot that Gallade is available as well but you don't get a Dawn Stone until near the end of the game.

I can see Gothitelle as a Ghost-type. It is the Astral Body Pokemon and seems to be somewhat ethereal.

On the original Sapphire I thought Ralts was a Grass-type, the Hoenn region's Oddish and ignored it as my starter was a Treecko. I used Ralts in my Emerald and other games however.

Fighting is indeed weak to flying type, I blame my forgetting that on Fighting being one of my least used types.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • I forgot that Gallade is available as well but you don't get a Dawn Stone until near the end of the game.
    Fighting is indeed weak to flying type, I blame my forgetting that on Fighting being one of my least used types.

Actually, in X/Y you get it in Route 3 after you get Surf but in OR/AS it's in Victory Road and it's annoying carrying Kirlia till then xD Even so, OR/AS is pretty slow in terms of levels (you end up with Pokemon in the early to mid 50s range) as opposed to X/Y (where they to early 70s) so it has less of an effect xD But that's why I went with Gardevoir in OR/AS since you get the Mega Stone right after Groudon/Kyogre while in X/Y it's in the post game (same goes for Gallade's Mega stone in OR/AS)!

I usually like running a Pokemon that can learn good fighting moves (if not a straight up fighting type) to deal with Normal types but I probably won't in the future since Normal types aren't all that common anymore >.<

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Actually, in X/Y you get it in Route 3 after you get Surf but in OR/AS it's in Victory Road and it's annoying carrying Kirlia till then xD Even so, OR/AS is pretty slow in terms of levels (you end up with Pokemon in the early to mid 50s range) as opposed to X/Y (where they to early 70s) so it has less of an effect xD But that's why I went with Gardevoir in OR/AS since you get the Mega Stone right after Groudon/Kyogre while in X/Y it's in the post game (same goes for Gallade's Mega stone in OR/AS)!

I usually like running a Pokemon that can learn good fighting moves (if not a straight up fighting type) to deal with Normal types but I probably won't in the future since Normal types aren't all that common anymore >.<

I think I imported my White 2 Hidden Ability Gallade for my X run and didn't use in Alpha Sapphire. Getting Gardevoirite before the Elite 4 was a nice touch and made sense in the story. Getting it post-game in X made sense as well since Gardevoir is the Champion's Pokémon.

Ralts and Kirlia are weak until they reach their final forms but Gardevoir/Gallade is a reward for those who persevere with the feeling Pokemon.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Discussing responses to the topic is more than welcomed; in fact hugely encourage! I would appreciate it a lot if the members can engage in real discussion, rather than simply replying the topic.

Currently our most active members here in Psychic Club are (not in particular order) Mewtwolover, Dragoz and last but never least is the second member who welcomed you, Gothet.~

Thanks for the feed back on the event. Let's see if Mewtwolover and Dragoz are fine with the mono-type challenge event as well!

Even if Kadabra is truly based or inspired by the self-proclaim psycho uh I mean psychic. If it's anything it's an honor. If I were the guy I would be proud or even make a collab or something! {XD}

Yep, obviously those 'lightning bolts' are scratch marks! Hahaha! {XD}

Yeah, they can't completely get rid of Kadabra due to a potential backlash from the fandom and as well as franchise consistency. There I believe that's what they gotta do to minimize Kadabra's appearance. Though I have to note that Kadabra is still part of the Hoenn Pokédex and the Sinnoh Pokédex, despite they had the chance to write-off the Abra line. They even gave Alakazam a Mega Evolution, though this can be argued as it's a Mega Evolution for Alakazam not Kadabra.~

While it was unfortunate for Kababra it won't be featured in any franchise items and imprinted items, it's logical and wise on a business perspective to do so. Fortunately the Abra line is already popular and definitely a not forgettable Pokémon! :')

I am so agreeing with your point on TCG. They could simply erased Kadabra from TCG and make Abra evolve directly into an Alakazam, but eliminating the whole Abra line is a bit too much, imo.

Just imagine a Kadabra with no star and lightning bolt, it would feel like it's missing something. I'm not sure about changing the symbols though!

It's interesting how you noted as Kadabra's as the one with worse controversy, while the majority points toward Jynx. That is not to say you are absolutely wrong nor they are right. It's just opinions and personal perception. :) I agree that Kadabra's punishment was too heavy and unnecessary as its evolutionary relatives are affected.

Thanks! We're trying to be innovative yet nothing too weird. We need to keep up the discussion and people's interests.~

Oi Gothet, I love the Ralts line as well! >3< Hahaha! {XD}

Hahaha, correct! ;) Fighting-types and the Gastly line would be running amok without our presence in Generation I! :P

I love how you noted some Pokémon if there are no Psychic-types.~ Why not Ghost or Dark for Jynx? :P

Cresselia would be a second Normal-type legendary, and then possibly retconned as a Fairy-type in Gen VI! x'D

Sabrina would be levitating with the Flying-types instead! {XD}

No worries, it's not limited to Alpha Sapphire!~

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years

Thanks! We're trying to be innovative yet nothing too weird. We need to keep up the discussion and people's interests.~

Cresselia would be a second Normal-type legendary, and then possibly retconned as a Fairy-type in Gen VI! x'D

Putting up topic is a great way to not only keep people active and interested but also to get to know each other better through friendly discussion! Also, it's pretty darned (is this an okay word here? :o) fun too so no complaints whatsoever xD

Cresselia as a Fairy type would make all the sense in the world. It'll also reverse the Darkrai being supereffective against her thing. Plus, it makes more sense. I think Fairy types represent the "light" better than Psychic types do. Psychic/Fairy would be perfect (Darkrai should be Dark/Ghost too >.<)

Also, as an added topic, what does everyone think of Gardevoir (the entire Ralts line including Gallade) being in the Amorphous egg group with Pokemon like Gengar (whoel line), Grimer/Muk, Koffing/Weezing and all the other blob-y, gas-y, weird Pokemon instead of the Human egg group?

Years
  • Hello, Ket! Glad to see more members coming to our club. Based on the amount of Ralts line's lover here, it seems I was wrong to think that Alakazam was the "main" Psychic pokemon. I mean, kinda off-topic again, I always have one pokemon that defines the whole type, like Steelix for Steel-types, Weezing for Poison-types, Pinsir for Bug-types, etc.
    Anyways, I agree with the monotype challenge, but I don't have the Gen VI games ;-;

Also, as an added topic, what does everyone think of Gardevoir (the entire Ralts line including Gallade) being in the Amorphous egg group with Pokemon like Gengar (whoel line), Grimer/Muk, Koffing/Weezing and all the other blob-y, gas-y, weird Pokemon instead of the Human egg group
    Since the most I've tried in breeding is having two Wingulls make a third(which was probably over 3 years ago), I never noticed this at all. After a small minute of research, I find it even stranger how some pokemons get to be in two egg groups, but the Ralts line is purely in Amorphous. It does make me wonder why, and I don't have a close guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back