• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Putting up topic is a great way to not only keep people active and interested but also to get to know each other better through friendly discussion! Also, it's pretty darned (is this an okay word here? :o) fun too so no complaints whatsoever xD

Cresselia as a Fairy type would make all the sense in the world. It'll also reverse the Darkrai being supereffective against her thing. Plus, it makes more sense. I think Fairy types represent the "light" better than Psychic types do. Psychic/Fairy would be perfect (Darkrai should be Dark/Ghost too >.<)

Also, as an added topic, what does everyone think of Gardevoir (the entire Ralts line including Gallade) being in the Amorphous egg group with Pokemon like Gengar (whoel line), Grimer/Muk, Koffing/Weezing and all the other blob-y, gas-y, weird Pokemon instead of the Human egg group?

Hello, Ket! Glad to see more members coming to our club. Based on the amount of Ralts line's lover here, it seems I was wrong to think that Alakazam was the "main" Psychic pokemon. I mean, kinda off-topic again, I always have one pokemon that defines the whole type, like Steelix for Steel-types, Weezing for Poison-types, Pinsir for Bug-types, etc.
    Anyways, I agree with the monotype challenge, but I don't have the Gen VI games ;-;

Since the most I've tried in breeding is having two Wingulls make a third(which was probably over 3 years ago), I never noticed this at all. After a small minute of research, I find it even stranger how some pokemons get to be in two egg groups, but the Ralts line is purely in Amorphous. It does make me wonder why, and I don't have a close guess.

I actually see the Abra line as a Psychic-type representative/mascot (whichever term you prefer) as well. I'm also surprised with the amount of faves towards her. I swear someone's going to call the whole Ralts line, particularly [Mega] Gardevoir as overrated pretty soon. :S

No worries, it's not limited to Gen VI games. We can all decide which games we're going to play soon.~ Has anyone seen Mewtwolover? Just kidding, I'm sure he's gonna show up soon.

New topic:
    What does everyone think of Gardevoir being in the Amorphous Egg Group instead of the Human-like Egg Group?
    Wow that's our 15th topic already! Hurray!

Spoiler: My response to the topic
    It's a bit weird to be honest. It's slightly understandable for Ralts, But difficult with Kirlia and its evolutions. As Dragoz pointed out, some Pokémon have the privilege of dual-Egg Groups. However, the Ralts line isn't. I couldn't even make an excuse at this point.

Things to discuss:
    First Official Event for Psychic-type Club: Mono-type Challenge (series undecided; decided through voting).

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years

First Official Event for Psychic-type Club: Mono-type Challenge (series undecided; decided through voting).

That would be a fun way for everyone to come together and share experiences. However, I don't think it should be limited to a single game/generation since there's only so many good Psychic Pokemon available and therefore most people would end up using some Pokemon a lot (i.e, a lot of repetition), not to mention not everyone has the newer games! I sorta want to do it with a ROM hack since this forum is the premier place for those so it'll be a little exclusive to this forum and therefore this club (can't deny the existence of clubs in other forums!).

I'm also going to try to answer my own topic xD

What does everyone think of Gardevoir being in the Amorphous Egg Group instead of the Human-like Egg Group?
    Spoiler:

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    That would be a fun way for everyone to come together and share experiences. However, I don't think it should be limited to a single game/generation since there's only so many good Psychic Pokemon available and therefore most people would end up using some Pokemon a lot (i.e, a lot of repetition), not to mention not everyone has the newer games! I sorta want to do it with a ROM hack since this forum is the premier place for those so it'll be a little exclusive to this forum and therefore this club (can't deny the existence of clubs in other forums!).

I'm also going to try to answer my own topic xD

Spoiler:

But Jynx doesn't have a pair of legs, according to game standards. :( It's just a hollow under her dress.

That's a good point, the limits of available Psychic-type isn't good, particularly in Kanto-based and Sinnoh based games where Psychic-types are nearly scarce. I personally prefer a Gen V game and we mix all the Psychic Pokémon from the National Pokédex, that requires trading or cheating, a discussion that is forbidden here in PokéCommunity.

Let's see:
    • Kanto (FrLg/RBGY) - Abra line, Jynx, Mr. Mime, Exeggcute line, Drowzee line, Slowpoke line, Starmie, Mewtwo [post-E4 for Gen I, post Sevii Island for Gen III]
    • Johto and Kanto (HGSS/GSC) - Abra line, Mr. Mime [post E4 at Kanto], Exeggcute line, Drowzee line, Slowpoke line, Starmie, Jynx, Wobbuffet, Girafarig, Natu line, Espeon, Unown (LOL)
    • Hoenn (RSE) - Ralts line, Baltoy line, Abra line, Starmie, Beldum line [post E4], Chimecho, Meditite, Solrock, Lunatone, Wynaut line, Spoink line, Natu line, Lati@s [post-e4]
    • Sinnoh (Pt) - Abra line, Mime Jr. line, Bronzor line, Chingling line, Espeon, Meditite line, Girafarig, Unown, Lake Trio, Ralts line, Cresselia [post e4]
    • Unova (B2W2) - Solosis line, Gothorita line, Beldum line, Woobat line, Munna line, Espeon, Siglyph, Baltoy line, Solrock, Lunatone, Spoink line, Starmie, Bronzor line.

But let's listen to what everyone has to say and we'll follow the majority. :D

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • But Jynx doesn't have a pair of legs, according to game standards. :( It's just a hollow under her dress.

Let's see:
    • Kanto (FrLg/RBGY) - Abra line, Jynx, Mr. Mime, Exeggcute line, Drowzee line, Slowpoke line, Starmie, Mewtwo [post-E4 for Gen I, post Sevii Island for Gen III]
    • Johto and Kanto (HGSS/GSC) - Abra line, Mr. Mime [post E4 at Kanto], Exeggcute line, Drowzee line, Slowpoke line, Starmie, Jynx, Wobbuffet, Girafarig, Natu line, Espeon, Unown (LOL)
    • Hoenn (RSE) - Ralts line, Baltoy line, Abra line, Starmie, Beldum line [post E4], Chimecho, Meditite, Solrock, Lunatone, Wynaut line, Spoink line, Natu line, Lati@s [post-e4]
    • Sinnoh (Pt) - Abra line, Mime Jr. line, Bronzor line, Chingling line, Espeon, Meditite line, Girafarig, Unown, Lake Trio, Ralts line, Cresselia [post e4]
    • Unova (B2W2) - Solosis line, Gothorita line, Beldum line, Woobat line, Munna line, Espeon, Siglyph, Baltoy line, Solrock, Lunatone, Spoink line, Starmie, Bronzor line.

But let's listen to what everyone has to say and we'll follow the majority. :D

Well, after all that controversy, maybe they didn't want to add to it? xD In all seriousness though, Jynx not having legs is new to me and it's pretty much stumped my theory xD

I'd like B2/W2 since you can get a ton of Pokemon from Gen I till Gen V plus NDS emulation is pretty solid (actually great) now so almost everyone should be fine playing it! :D
    And a side note, you get get Ralt's line in B2/W2, it's a trade in Nimbasa city (it takes a day since you have to wait to call someone through the XTransceiver thingy) and it's obtainable through the Dream Radar (Nimbasa method is easier but if you want Telepathy with it xD).

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Cresselia as a Fairy Type makes too much sense and considering how big a deal the games made of Sabrina squashing the Fighting Gym, Sabrina perhaps should have been an Elite 4 member instead of Bruno. (Not to mention how strong Psychic Type was in Gen 1)

Gardevoir being in the Amorphous group makes more sense than it seems at first. It is said to be based on a Guardian Angel (Which can take any shape) or according to Bulbapedia ghosts that refuse to leave this world.

I'd say Gardevoir is the most well-known non-legendary Psychic Pokemon now as it has been a Champions Signature Pokemon and has gone from a nothing Psychic Type to one of the most known Pokemon.

Alakazam is cool but outside of being Sabrina's Pokemon it has had little use in the games story. Also it is only obtainable by trading, something that unfortunately not everyone can do.

For the Monotype Challenge I say Gen 5 as the choice of Psychic Types is reasonable and each user can decide on if they are playing the first games or the sequel. (White 2 is my favourite Pokémon game and Sabrina is in it)

The only issue with Gen 5 is the Ralts line is not accessible until after the Hall of Fame following a long-winded side quest.

(Maybe we can make a rule saying we could import Ralts in as our starter) :)

Last edited:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • It's true a Guardian Angel can assume any shape but it sticks to a shape one assumed right? Other Pokemon in the Amorphous group can change shape at will whereas Gardevoir cannot. It's not shown in the games/anime/manga but pretty much everything in that egg group is either a gas, a slime or a possessed object. All of which can alter their shape/change the object possessed. That's pretty much why they're in the Amorphous group xD The only other Pokemon that is in that group who doesn't belong in it is Elektross...

I think the reason Gardevoir is better...advertised?... is because it evolves from Kirlia through leveling (at a pretty low level too!) and so it takes a lot less effort than it does to evolve Kadabra. The new typing just made her better.

I figured if Gen V was chosen, options like Dream Radar and the likes would be allowed since it's a completely legit way of obtaining Pokemon...

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Hahaha, didn't mean to break your theory. :P But yeah, Jynx's like a shadow or something like that -- Think think the likes if Gengar and Duskull.

Yeah B2W2 so far is the one with promising amount of available Psychic-Pokémon. If that is not available, maybe we can do a Psychic mono with Drayano's B2W2 hacks, which offers challenges and all 649 Pokémon are available as well.~ [S-highlight]Just a warning for all Psychic-Club members: Do NOT ask for roms in any section, it is a violation of PokéCommunity global rules.[/s_highlight]

Hmm on the other hand, if there's a Psychic-type Elite Four, that person would be a real and true terror. Their team would be composed of Exeggutor, Alakazam, Hypno, Mr. Mime and Kadabra.

Gothet sums it perfectly well on Gardevoir, she was from almost nothing to an awesome thing now. Gardevoir officially out shadows Alakazam now.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years

Hmm on the other hand, if there's a Psychic-type Elite Four, that person would be a real and true terror. Their team would be composed of Exeggutor, Alakazam, Hypno, Mr. Mime and Kadabra..

If there was a Psychic type elite four? O.o But but...there are three! Will from Kanto/Johto, Lucian from Sinnoh and Caitlin from Unova... Caitlin in B2/W2's Challenge mode had an Alakazam, Metagross, Gallade, Reuniclus, Gothitelle and a Munna (I think) so that's pretty tough to beat (especially that Metagross with the Dark/Ghost resistances) xD

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Gardevoir probably should be in the 'Humanlike' egg group but Game Freak likely did not bank on the Embrace Pokemon becoming as popular as it did. Indeed it could be said the Gothitelle line is an Expy of the Gardevoir line.

Not sure I'd feel comfortable playing a hack although it should be an option for those who don't have the game. If we go ahead with B2/W2 I plan to play using regular Monotype rules. (Having Black 2 exclusive Gothita as my starter).

Also the Unova Elite Four will be a challenge and the Champion isn't a walk in the park either.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    If there was a Psychic type elite four? O.o But but...there are three! Will from Kanto/Johto, Lucian from Sinnoh and Caitlin from Unova... Caitlin in B2/W2's Challenge mode had an Alakazam, Metagross, Gallade, Reuniclus, Gothitelle and a Munna (I think) so that's pretty tough to beat (especially that Metagross with the Dark/Ghost resistances) xD

Does it matter if there's more than two? ~_~
    I recall there are three Dragon-type Elites? Let's not forget we're talking about Gen I here. :) A Generation that was dominated by Ice and Psychic. Dragon-types weren't that big back in the day, it was only consisted by the Dratini line. {XD}

Gardevoir probably should be in the 'Humanlike' egg group but Game Freak likely did not bank on the Embrace Pokemon becoming as popular as it did. Indeed it could be said the Gothitelle line is an Expy of the Gardevoir line.

Not sure I'd feel comfortable playing a hack although it should be an option for those who don't have the game. If we go ahead with B2/W2 I plan to play using regular Monotype rules. (Having Black 2 exclusive Gothita as my starter).

Also the Unova Elite Four will be a challenge and the Champion isn't a walk in the park either.

I'm making my own set of rules, as soon as Mewtwolover has decided to participate or not and after we have reacched a decision on which game to play. We can not over lap with Azazel's Monotype Challenge.~

Last edited:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Does it matter if there's more than two? ~_~
    I recall there are three Dragon-type Elites? Let's not forget we're talking about Gen I here. :) A Generation that was dominated by Ice and Psychic. Dragon-types weren't that big back in the day, it was only consisted by the Dratini line. {XD}

Oh, you meant in Gen I xD I thought you meant overall which surprised me quite a bit xD My bad, sometimes my attention span abandons me completely. But yeah, Lance was a pretty weird elite four member with just Dragonite as a dragon type xD

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • I'm making my own set of rules, as soon as Mewtwolover has decided to participate or not and after we have reacched a decision on which game to play.
    I'll participate.

Unapologetic Sunflower said:
    If that is not available, maybe we can do a Psychic mono with Drayano's B2W2 hacks, which offers challenges and all 649 Pokémon are available as well.
    I suggest using those hacks because all 649 pokémon are available in them so we would have more options for making team.

IMO that doesn't matter, it fits Amorphous Egg Group as well as Human-like Egg Group.

Last edited:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years

I suggest using those hacks because all 649 pokémon are available in them so we would have more options for making team.

I agree completely! It'll result in more diverse teams plus the ability to evolve Kadabra without trading (I think?). Also, the hacks have an increased difficulty so that will add to the challenge and make it a tad bit more interesting/fun ^.^

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'll participate.

I agree completely! It'll result in more diverse teams plus the ability to evolve Kadabra without trading (I think?). Also, the hacks have an increased difficulty so that will add to the challenge and make it a tad bit more interesting/fun ^.^

Thanks a lot for participating! ^_^

That is the very reason why I suggested Drayano's hack as all Psychic Pokémon from Gen I to Gen V is available. The main point is we want to have as much variety as we can, while B2W2 undeniably has a lot of diversity, it has still limited options (for example like the lack of Ralts line, Gardy :P *tempting him with the Ralts line*).~ I personally dislike it if we all ended up having similar teams. {XD}

Here's the link to Drayano's hack: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=290429
    Please note the screenshots are updated.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Ok. Still not sure I feel comfortable using a hack particularly if we are going for Gen 5 since I have the games. On Black and White 2 I think the only Psychic Types I won't be able to get are Mewtwo, Latios, Event Pokemon and Mr Mime which still gives me a lot of options for team building.

I won't be using the hack but if I import a Ralts into White 2 that should be fine. Right? And I am able to evolve Kadabra as I have 2 DSs.

Last edited:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Importing from another game/Dream Radar should be allowed since it's a legitimate and official method of obtaining items/Pokemon, I think.

Sooooo did the challenge start or will it be announced in a post? :o Sorry if it seems like I'm rushing it, I don't quite know how it's done here >.<

PS: Visited the first post to see if challenge details were up and noticed the 50% off post count evolution thingy xD Counted my posts and I have 11 so, either way, that should be enough to evolve Ralts :o ^.^ I think I should keep track of my post count, lucky I checked the first page xD

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Importing from another game/Dream Radar should be allowed since it's a legitimate and official method of obtaining items/Pokemon, I think.

Sooooo did the challenge start or will it be announced in a post? :o Sorry if it seems like I'm rushing it, I don't quite know how it's done here >.<

PS: Visited the first post to see if challenge details were up and noticed the 50% off post count evolution thingy xD Counted my posts and I have 11 so, either way, that should be enough to evolve Ralts :o ^.^ I think I should keep track of my post count, lucky I checked the first page xD

I imagine Unapologetic Sunflower will announce it in a post with rules although I can't see there being too many rules other than 'use Psychic-type only'.

The Ralts I will be importing will be a Normal Ralts (Ability Trace) I hatched in Black. Not one of my Super Ralts I sent to X.:)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Ok. Still not sure I feel comfortable using a hack particularly if we are going for Gen 5 since I have the games. On Black and White 2 I think the only Psychic Types I won't be able to get are Mewtwo, Latios, Event Pokemon and Mr Mime which still gives me a lot of options for team building.

I won't be using the hack but if I import a Ralts into White 2 that should be fine. Right? And I am able to evolve Kadabra as I have 2 DSs.

I imagine Unapologetic Sunflower will announce it in a post with rules although I can't see there being too many rules other than 'use Psychic-type only'.

The Ralts I will be importing will be a Normal Ralts (Ability Trace) I hatched in Black. Not one of my Super Ralts I sent to X.:)

Importing from another game/Dream Radar should be allowed since it's a legitimate and official method of obtaining items/Pokemon, I think.

Come on, join the hype Gardy! :P It would be great if we all have the same experience.~ I might have to forbid you from using any non-Unova Pokémon for B2W2 if you're playing a non-hack one. {XD} However Dream Radar Pokémon won't be banned if we're playing a non-hack one.~

Oi Ketsu, we have to wait for your Dragoz-senpai before we can start anything.~ I haven't hear his opinion if he's in for a hack or non-hack one.

Okies, I'll evolve your ralts now!

Note also that the download links on the first post are broken, you can find working download link here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8714770#post8714770

Thanks for that! I was planning to upload Blue's WinRAR acheive if we have decided on hack vs non-hack.~

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I just don't like the idea of playing a hack. It just seems wrong to me particularly when I have the games and access to everything anyway.

I plan to use Ralts as my starter and import Black Exclusive Gothita and maybe a Gallade in the late game. Everything else will be what I can find in-game. Other than the opening battle it will be a complete Psychic run. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back