• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
If you can have a Psychic pokemon in real life, who would it be? What would you have it do/do with it?
Espeon, it would be a cute pet.

I'd like to evolve Abra into Kadabra.

It would be cool to have Espeon as a pet. You can ask her to fetch a cup for you! {XD}

No problem. Kadabra evolves by trading in-game, I assume you're aiming for an Alakazam right? If so I'll give my Kadabra. {XD}

Years
If you can have a Psychic pokemon in real life, who would it be? What would you have it do/do with it?

I'd really want an adorable Espurr. It looks like something that you'd want to have as a real pet with its cute eyes and its fur and everything, and of course it can take one of two completely different appearances when it evolves into Meowstic, a fierce white one (female) or the timid blue one (male).

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Yay! A Jirachi. The first time I have ever had one. (Other than one for about 30 seconds for Pokedex purposes)

I am on 18 posts so can I evolve my Kirlia into a Gardevoir please?

For my third Pokemon can I have another Ralts please?

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

I'd really want an adorable Espurr. It looks like something that you'd want to have as a real pet with its cute eyes and its fur and everything, and of course it can take one of two completely different appearances when it evolves into Meowstic, a fierce white one (female) or the timid blue one (male).

Ayyyy! I've seen several memes making fun of Espurr's eyes. I'm happy that you found them cute! ^_^

I'll probably have a Gallade who acts as my bodyguard! ^_^

Yes, I'm aiming for an Alakazam.

Okay, I'll give my Kadabra to you so you'll get yourself an Alakazam. ;) As for your own Kadabra, you can give it to any of your fellow club members. It might sound funny or silly, but that 'evolution method' is made to encourage more interactions between the fellow members.

Pick an another new partner for yourself. :)

[S-HIGHLIGHT]All Psychic-type Club members please pay attention to this, as it may apply to you as well![/S-HIGHLIGHT]
You can pick certain evolved Pokémon like Kadabra, Metang, Kirlia as you have 16 posts so far. I made this amendment at this moment so it saves us a lot of time instead for going back and forth to update. Here's an example, if you have like 100 posts, you can pick every Pokémon that evolves through post counts.

But be aware that there are some evolved Pokémon you cannot pick such as Chimecho (Chingling evolves with a special method), Reuniclus (for this case you need at least 21 posts), Alakazam (Kadabra evolves with a special method) and so on. Due to a special evolution method or not having reach the post-count requirement.

If this part isn't understand well please feel free to ask me to make a FAQ/guide.~

Yay! A Jirachi. The first time I have ever had one. (Other than one for about 30 seconds for Pokedex purposes)

I am on 18 posts so can I evolve my Kirlia into a Gardevoir please?

For my third Pokemon can I have another Ralts please?

I wish I could clone my Gen IV Jirachi for this occasion, so those who part take the event will be a lot happier!

Bleh, drop the please part! {XD} You're a regular here already, no need to be too polite.~ Since you have 18 posts and a Dawn Stone, you can adopt yourself a Gallade (if that's what you want) instead of Ralts. In case that's what you want, you need a 4th partner! {XD}

EDIT: PI have updated the teams, please tell me if I have made mistakes or such.~

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
^

Okay, I'll give my Kadabra to you so you'll get yourself an Alakazam. ;) As for your own Kadabra, you can give it to any of your fellow club members. It might sound funny or silly, but that 'evolution method' is made to encourage more interactions between the fellow members.

Pick an another new partner for yourself. :)

[S-HIGHLIGHT]All Psychic-type Club members please pay attention to this, as it may apply to you as well![/S-HIGHLIGHT]
You can pick certain evolved Pokémon like Kadabra, Metang, Kirlia as you have 16 posts so far. I made this amendment at this moment so it saves us a lot of time instead for going back and forth to update. Here's an example, if you have like 100 posts, you can pick every Pokémon that evolves through post counts.

But be aware that there are some evolved Pokémon you cannot pick such as Chimecho (Chingling evolves with a special method), Reuniclus (for this case you need at least 21 posts), Alakazam (Kadabra evolves with a special method) and so on. Due to a special evolution method or not having reach the post-count requirement.

If this part isn't understand well please feel free to ask me to make a FAQ/guide.~

I wish I could clone my Gen IV Jirachi for this occasion, so those who part take the event will be a lot happier!

Bleh, drop the please part! {XD} You're a regular here already, no need to be too polite.~ Since you have 18 posts and a Dawn Stone, you can adopt yourself a Gallade (if that's what you want) instead of Ralts. In case that's what you want, you need a 4th partner! {XD}

EDIT: PI have updated the teams, please tell me if I have made mistakes or such.~

I have never owned a Jirachi but I do have a Celebi. Celebi is a lot of fun to use and I think is the only Grass/Psychic type Pokemon.

OK. I'll take Gallade as my third Pokemon(Using my Dawn Stone in the process) and take Duosion (Who incidentally was my last Pokemon to complete the Kalos Pokedex) for my 4th Pokemon.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I have never owned a Jirachi but I do have a Celebi. Celebi is a lot of fun to use and I think is the only Grass/Psychic type Pokemon.

OK. I'll take Gallade as my third Pokemon(Using my Dawn Stone in the process) and take Duosion (Who incidentally was my last Pokemon to complete the Kalos Pokedex) for my 4th Pokemon.

Sure thing, Gothet! :) Would you like to create a new topic? Then be afraid to, the Club is starting to get quiet again. It's not a compulsory to do so, though.~

Wow, you have five Pokémon already. Once you have six you can technically get more, but you have to throw or giveaway your Pokémon to your fellow members.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Sure thing, Gothet! :) Would you like to create a new topic? Then be afraid to, the Club is starting to get quiet again. It's not a compulsory to do so, though.~

Wow, you have five Pokémon already. Once you have six you can technically get more, but you have to throw or giveaway your Pokémon to your fellow members.

Ok I will have a go at making a new topic.

Question 1.

Which Psychic Type which currently does not have a Mega Evolution do you want/needs a Mega Evolution?

Question 2.

Which Psychic Pokemon which has a Mega Evolution do you think did not need one?

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Ok I will have a go at making a new topic.

Question 1.

Which Psychic Type which currently does not have a Mega Evolution do you want/needs a Mega Evolution?

Question 2.

Gothet, I'll borrow your topics for the Ice-type Club and thanks for joining the Fairy-type Club.~ << Just a personal notes, no need to reply to prevent off topic. ;)

Jynx, she needs a Mega Evolution (actually preferably a genuine evolution). Something like an Ice princess. Mega Slowbro needs a bro. Sorry for the pun. :P I mean Mega Slowking is needed! Gallade, which is Gardevoir's counterpart received one, so Slowking needs on in the up coming games!
Mewtwo. Mewtwo is too strong, it doesn't even need a Mega! I recall I used only one Mewtwo in my B2 or W2 Elite Four Challenge and the savage Pokémon ripped the whole league completely. @_@

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Gothet, I'll borrow your topics for the Ice-type Club and thanks for joining the Fairy-type Club.~ << Just a personal notes, no need to reply to prevent off topic. ;)

Jynx, she needs a Mega Evolution (actually preferably a genuine evolution). Something like an Ice princess. Mega Slowbro needs a bro. Sorry for the pun. :P I mean Mega Slowking is needed! Gallade, which is Gardevoir's counterpart received one, so Slowking needs on in the up coming games!
Mewtwo. Mewtwo is too strong, it doesn't even need a Mega! I recall I used only one Mewtwo in my B2 or W2 Elite Four Challenge and the savage Pokémon ripped the whole league completely. @_@

Question 1

I agree with Jynx. An elegant Ice Queen Mega would be cool. (Or even as a regular evolution).

Mr Mime could really do with one as well since with Gardevoir being the same typing he is being left out in the cold.

Question 2

Mewtwo may well be my favourite Legendary but he is powerful enough as it is without a Mega. (Let alone 2).

I understand that Legendaries are cool but making them overpowered gives me less reason to use them if that makes any sense.

Years
Swoobat? I think its stats are kinda lacking, putting a lot of focus on speed. Maybe give it a Mega Evolution that makes it durable or power in Sp. Atk.

I'm not sure if this fits, but I'm kinda agreeing with everyone so far. I didn't think Mewtwo needed Mega Evolutions...not two, at least. I think Mewtwo having ONE mega is fine, but two seems overkill.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Question 1

I agree with Jynx. An elegant Ice Queen Mega would be cool. (Or even as a regular evolution).

Mr Mime could really do with one as well since with Gardevoir being the same typing he is being left out in the cold.

Question 2

Mewtwo may well be my favourite Legendary but he is powerful enough as it is without a Mega. (Let alone 2).

I understand that Legendaries are cool but making them overpowered gives me less reason to use them if that makes any sense.

latest

I wasn't expecting Mr. Mime! xD Not laughing at you, but he's mostly hated for the design/stats!~

Swoobat? I think its stats are kinda lacking, putting a lot of focus on speed. Maybe give it a Mega Evolution that makes it durable or power in Sp. Atk.

I'm not sure if this fits, but I'm kinda agreeing with everyone so far. I didn't think Mewtwo needed Mega Evolutions...not two, at least. I think Mewtwo having ONE mega is fine, but two seems overkill.

Yep, she can make use of that Simple Ability with Calm Mind+ Roost.~

Maybe Mega Mewtwo is made to overkill and to kill the opposing Trainer! >:) #Banned4R18

So, Dragoz are you doing a Psychic-type mono play lately? :P

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
latest

I wasn't expecting Mr. Mime! xD Not laughing at you, but he's mostly hated for the design/stats

Is it just me or does it look like Jynx is wearing glasses in that picture.

I like Mr Mime, if for no other reason other than Delia's housework-doing Mr Mime in the anime. Once I even used a Mr Mime called 'Mimey'.

Although all other Mr Mimes I use I call 'Barriered' based on the Japanese name.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Is it just me or does it look like Jynx is wearing glasses in that picture.

I like Mr Mime, if for no other reason other than Delia's housework-doing Mr Mime in the anime. Once I even used a Mr Mime called 'Mimey'.

Although all other Mr Mimes I use I call 'Barriered' based on the Japanese name.

I had to stare at the pic, to get what you see! xD Let's call her Rougela-sensei then! xD

You guys are really dedicated to Psychic-Pokémon! I wonder if you and Dragoz have at least one Psychic-type in every single play through. o_O

Just for giggles.~
funny-pictures-Pokemon-auto-524817.jpeg

(Members can actually post a Psychic-type related pics accompanied by your comments and thoughts of course, but not in a spam way. If the image is big remember to use the spoiler tag~)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I had to stare at the pic, to get what you see! xD Let's call her Rougela-sensei then! xD

You guys are really dedicated to Psychic-Pokémon! I wonder if you and Dragoz have at least one Psychic-type in every single play through. o_O

Just for giggles.~
funny-pictures-Pokemon-auto-524817.jpeg

(Members can actually post a Psychic-type related pics accompanied by your comments and thoughts of course, but not in a spam way. If the image is big remember to use the spoiler tag~)

I had to Look Rougela up to find out it was Jynx's Japanese name. I think I prefer it to Jynx in truth.

I think I have had at least one Psychic-type Pokémon in my team in every playthrough except my Silver Speedrun.

:) Poor Alakazam. It's X Pokedex entry says it's brain keeps growing so it 'remembers everything until it dies'.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Your nickname: TwilightBlade (Blade)
Your Psychic-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Solosis
Reason for joining the club: I love Psychic legendaries such as Latias and Cresselia to bits and pieces. Honestly, I've not used too many Psychic types on in-game teams (I have used Xatu, Espeon, Gardevoir, Lunatone, Metagross, and Sigilyph). I love how serene most of the designs are for Psychic type Pokemon such as Chimecho and Musharna. There are definitely some bizarre ones like Hypno and Beheeyem that remain an enigma. I have absolute respect for this type for continuing to be a powerhouse in battle.

Gardevoir because it would protect me and we'd go out for ice cream.

Which Psychic-type Pokémon's Mega form is your favorite? Why?
I love love love mega Gardevoir. I use it all the time while using Hypnosis on Pokemon I want to capture... /show-off

I too agree with Jynx being deserving of a mega evolution. She was left out when Electabuzz, Magmar, Tangela, Lickitung, Porygon, Seadra, Rhyhorn, Magneton, Chansey, Onyx, and Scyther received evolutions. She was left out again when Pinsir, Kangaskhan, and Gyarados received mega evolutions. The only ones left out in poor Kanto are also Farfetch'd and Tauros... and Mr. Mime, but it scares me

I agree in that Mewtwo does not need Mega evolutions. To me, mega evolutions are where natural Pokemon are reacting to an incredible energy. Mewtwo isn't exactly not manmade, and it is powerful enough in its own right. The fighting version is also dumb to me. Keep my psychic kitty as psychic.

#4. Your favorite Psychic-type attack? why?
Luster Purge! Its move animation is incredible in the 3rd gen. Psychic is also amazing in gen 1 and 2, yet got worse as the generations went on!

#5b. Which current Psychic Pokemon should not be Psychic Type and why?
Baltoy maybe? I get the sense that it's psychic senses are about the same as Golduck, Gorebyss, and Venomoth in that they can use Psychic powers, but are not Psychic powerhouses. :B

#6. Imagine yourself being a Psychic-type Gym Leader/Elite Four. How would your gym/room look like? What would your team be?
I have long dark hair so I think I will go with the theme of being a psychic/gypsy. My team would be those that have the ability to read the future. Gardevoir, Xatu, Gothitelle, and also Alakazam for being able to recall everything during its life.

Years
So, Dragoz are you doing a Psychic-type mono play lately? :P

Well, I'm trying on White 2 with a Treehollow run. 2 Reuniclus, a Starmie, and a Sigilyph...then I had a Samurott and a Mienshao, with the latter to counter the evil dark types. It's a mix of boring and fun, to be honest. Sometimes it feels dull because the enemies get mostly 1-2 hits, but it's fun when things get tricky. I don't mind losing battles, but I do feel bad for my pokemons after.

Unapologetic Sunflower;8901413You guys are really dedicated to Psychic-Pokémon! I wonder if you and Dragoz have at least one Psychic-type in every single play through. o_O Just for giggles.~ [IMG said:
http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/funny-pictures-Pokemon-auto-524817.jpeg[/IMG]

Yup, I try to include one Psychic pokemon in my team every run. Sometimes I go for other Psychic types I don't use(like Grumpig) but end up looking for a Ralts/Solosis later on anyway.

hB84322B5

This is how I feel like every time I face a Ghost/Dark type. Especially a fast one like Gengar, or tough one like Dusknoir.
And here's another pic/short comic that I found while searching cheezburger. I really laughed at the Dream Eater part.
Spoiler:

Oh, and welcome to the club, TwilightBlade! Blade sounds an awesome name to call you, so I'll go with that. Hope you have a great time here with Psychic lovers, activity makes this place really fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sun

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Welcome TwillightBlade.

I think Jynx may have been left in the cold for so long due to the 'Blackface' controversy over the human Shape Pokemon in the anime. I think the episode Jynx is in was banned in some countries.

I think I might be the only person in here who likes Mr Mime.

Dream Eater is one of my favourite Psychic Moves. It is a shame Hypnosis is so inaccurate, Lovely Kiss is a little better but I think only Jynx can learn it.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
Delphox. Mega Delphox should be nine-tailed kitsune.

Slowbro, it's defense stats are already high enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back