• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Yeah >.< I found 3 Bagon before finding a Ralts. It's rarer but it's that thing where no matter how common a Pokemon is, if you're looking for it, it's rare xD I was doing great till a Youngster in the Flocessy ranch pulled out a Poochyena -.- Destroyed me xD

Omg, I found only 2. I swear they are devil tempting us to capture them. *frowns for them not being a Psychic type* #NotMakingSense
    Thanks for letting me know about that Poochyena. >:)
    I'm actually grinding while still hunting for that male Ralts, finally got a Bashful Male Ralts, which isn't bad.~ ^_^

Years
    I've started! Named myself Dragoz, and my rival Dark(since rivals are supposed to be your weaknesses) and got a Tepig. Fainted myself accidentally at Route 19 trying to run from a Patrat *sigh*

Caught a female Ralts with Synchronize! And it's Sassy, although I don't care much about natures(but wow, a sassy Ralts!) Named her Arya from ASOIAF.
    Now I've got a second Ralts, a male one with Trace. And he's Sassy as well, so I've got sassy siblings. Named him Robb.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I've started! Named myself Dragoz, and my rival Dark(since rivals are supposed to be your weaknesses) and got a Tepig. Fainted myself accidentally at Route 19 trying to run from a Patrat *sigh*

Caught a female Ralts with Synchronize! And it's Sassy, although I don't care much about natures(but wow, a sassy Ralts!) Named her Arya from ASOIAF.
    Now I've got a second Ralts, a male one with Trace. And he's Sassy as well, so I've got sassy siblings. Named him Robb.

Wow, similar thing going on here
    Your team score is now 220 Pts!

Yeah >.< I found 3 Bagon before finding a Ralts. It's rarer but it's that thing where no matter how common a Pokemon is, if you're looking for it, it's rare xD I was doing great till a Youngster in the Flocessy ranch pulled out a Poochyena -.- Destroyed me xD

Game froze. Re-patched, restarted. Will catch Ralts so dont change the points xD Chose Tepig this time. Thats about it xD Next update in a few hours, wont have an internet connection >.<

Just let me know after you captured one!
    Oh, I have a new patch uploaded, try that one! Hope it works!
    EDIT: Dang my rival's Oshawott ripped my team. It's raining so... :'(

EDIT 2: I got a TM21 so it's 220 Pts for Team VW~

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Update on previous White 2 playthrough

Ran through the White Treehollow with a heavily Psychic Team consisting of Latias, Gothitelle and (of course) Gardevoir. That shiny Dratini is so cute.:) I will likely run through it again when I reach it in my post-game. (Team sent to other Gen 5 cartridge, Shiny Dratini sent to X)

Random note: The 'strong Trainers' PWT creeps on Sabrina a bunch in this game calling her 'Queen' Sabrina. It's kinda weird.

New White 2 Update

Character - Paige
    Starter - Cassandra the Gothita

I've decided if I am doing this Challenge I am going to do it probably (I.E. Not use a Ralts :(). Fortunately on White 2 I still have plenty of team options.

Last edited:
    Years
    "You sure are unlucky to have run into someone as strong as me!"

Truly. Didn't realize he was the Youngster guy with the Poochyena and I got destroyed as well. But hey, at least I got Frustration TM!
    So I met Roxanne at Aspertia Gym...got wrecked by her Anorith that just abuses Bug Bite.

Edit: After 2 tries, Cheren fell to the might of Confusion! Got TM for Work Up. And also, Bianca surprised me with a TM for Return! Well, imma take a break for today, gonna continue the journey tomorrow. Meanwhile, here are some progress pics. That earns me bonus points, right? Or only on certain occasions?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]Sorry for the inconvenience, the rules has been amendment with Staryu, Psyduck, Darmanitan-Z, Hoothoot and Venomoth related rules.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

[assistance=Psychic Club Monotype Challenge Help]

Type alterations for the Complete versions

*Venomoth is Bug/Psychic
    *Golduck is Water/Psychic
    *Hoothoot line is Psychic/Flying
    Gothita line is Psychic/Dark
    *Can be only used in Complete versions.
    'Ctrl' + 'F' to search for the Pokémon you're looking for. But remember to open the spoiler tags first.

Wild Pokémon Location (Not including post-game)

Spoiler:

Moveset Change

Spoiler:

Evolution Changes

Elgyem evolves at Level 34

Use the following item to evolve
    Covenant Ore
    Kadabra > Alakazam
    King's Rock
    Slowpoke > Slowking​
    [/assistance]

Spoiler: Points update, main thread update and something for Gothet
    Pics are only for achievement like badges, updated team so you are perfectly right there! Sorry if I wasn't clear!
    Team Blaze Black Points:
    220 +
    Gym Leader win (50 Pts) by Dragoz
    TM from Cheren (10 Pts) by Dragoz
    TM from Bianca (10 Pts) by Dragoz
    Rival Battle at the Ranch (25 Pts) by Dragoz
    Pic bonus:
    Psychic team showcase proof (50 Pts) by Dragoz
    Badge showcase proof (50 Pts) by Dragoz
    = Current total: 415 Pts

EDIT 2:
    Current points standing:
    Team VW 220 Pts
    Team BB 415 Pts

Shall we make a point standing for Gothet but with different calculations? So that he'll be more engaged with the whole fun? :)

Points and rules stuff are added to the Current Events and Scenario, that means there will be no 50% Discount Coupon while our Monotype Challenge is on air.~ Points will be updated every night of my timezone when I go offline. Everyone is strongly advised to keep track of their own team's points as I might calculate it wrongly/missed stuff. This is also why taking pics and vids give out high points, as they are the best proof when calculations have gone wrong.

Last edited:
    Years
    Nope, I left Tepig in the box as soon as I got Ralts to 6. Which made training kinda hard, but I trained both up to level 11 after getting defeated by him.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Eww, this is a humilation! Brawly wiped out my team. :S

Edit: What the actual eff, even Roxie wiped me clean. :/

Last edited:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
    Had a busy day, I just started my challenge and defeated Rival in the first battle, I accidentally missed screencapping the actual victory scene so I took the screenshot from when he gives me the prize money, it should be enough proof in order to get bonus points:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Had a busy day, I just started my challenge and defeated Rival in the first battle, I accidentally missed screencapping the actual victory scene so I took the screenshot from when he gives me the prize money, it should be enough proof in order to get bonus points:

Nah. D:

Because the first battle includes a starter, so it doesn't count.
    Make your catch yourself a Ralts on Route , and level up the Ralts to at least Level 6 as it learns Confusion.
    After that you can deposit or even release your Snivy and that officially marks the beginning of your challenge!

Make sure to check the rules on the main thread at 'current event and scenario', as the rules have been updated with Pokémon like Eevee > Espeon.

[S-highlight]All participants please look, just to clarify stuff[/s_highlight]
    - Catching a non-Psychic that evolves into a Psychic like Staryu does NOT give points.
    - Evolving a non-Psychic to a Psychic-type for the first time gives evolution points, IF you haven't captured a Starmie before hand. Obviously you get no points if you had that Pokémon by various means.
    - Alternatively, catching an evolved Psychic-Pokémon in the wilds gives you capture points, IF you haven't evolved or captured that exact speci beforehand. Obviously you get no points if you had that Pokémon by various means.
    - Finally the team separation is to encourage you to engage directly with fellow members. Please keep the competition healthy and nothing negative, as any forms of negative comment is actually against of Pokémon Club's rules! Moreover, it affects the atmosphere of the club.

May the best team wins! ;)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Update on my challenge

I forgot you couldn't trade in Pokémon until you have the first badge which I picked up using Oshawott.

Then a young woman with long hair in a ponytail and a hat approached me

Spoiler:

Challenge Start!

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Team Volt White Points update! >:) (I'm playing the complete version by the way)
    220 +
    Hoothoot capture [10 Pts]
    Ralts evolving into Kirlia (I have 2, but only one counts since they are one species) [20 Pts]
    Hoothoot evolving into Noctowl [20 Pts]
    Eevee evolving into Espeon [20 Pts]
    Winning Cheren and receiving his TM [50 Pts + 10 Pts]
    Receiving a TM from Bianca [10 Pts]
    Winning Roxie and receiving her TM [50 Pts + 10 Pts]
    = Current total: 420 Pts

Don't worry , M2 my partner! I'm uploading pics soon! >:)

Current points standing:
    Team VW 420 Pts
    Team BB 415 Pts

My EV trained Espeon! >:)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Update on White 2 Playthrough

Ran through the trainers on Route 20 and just about soloed the Gym with Gothita. Why does everything know dark Moves in this game?

Next off to Pokestar Studios

Spoiler:

After the Team Plasma part I caught an Eevee (Evan) in Castelia Garden. Once it is evolved into an Espeon I will take on Castelia's Bug Type Gym.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Hoo boy, been refreshing Page 8 of the thread like a moron! Yaaay!

Huge update >.<

Evolutions/Captures
    1. Both Ralts evolved into Kirlia.
    2. One Kirlia evolved into Gardevoir, the other into Gallade (btw, Dawn Stone is on Route 16, east of Nimbasa City).
    2.5 (I forgot this). Caught a Beldum (Virbank Complex, shaking grass) and evolved it into Metang.
    3. Caught an Eevee and she evolved into Espeon (named Espeonage).
    4. Caught a Gothita (also on Route 16, while getting the Dawn Stone) and evolved her into Gothorita (she's named OutOfIdeas).
    5. Caught a Natu and evolved her into Xatu (Route 5, west of Nimbasa City) (named Shinatobe)
    6. Caught Solosis but decided not to use him.

TMs
    Frustration. Work Up, Return, Low Sweep, Thief, Venoshock, Incinerate, Rest, Attract, Flash, Round, X-Scissor, Psyshock, Dig, Echoed Voice, Volt Switch. (16 in all)

Gym/Rival Battles
    1. Beat Hugh in the Floccessy (er...pretend I spelled it right? >.<) Ranch.
    2. Beat Aspertia City Gym (Cheren).
    3. Beat Virbank City Gym (Roxie).
    4. Beat Castelia City Gym (Burgh).
    5. Beat Nimbasa City Gym (Elesa).

Currently, I'm standing, saved, in front of Elesa for the third time... Here's what I know about her, it'll help, I hope;
    She has these Pokemon; Emolga, Blitzle, Ampharos, Electabuzz and they are all in the early 30s (31-33, IIRC).
    1. Emolga is holding a Flying Gem and loves to use Volt Switch and Acrobatics.
    2. Ampharos has Signal Beam and IIRC, U-Turn.
    3. Blitzle is holding a White Herb and has Bounce and Overheat.
    4. Electabuzz has Volt-Switch and is probably the easiest to take out.

Tips; If you have Espeon with Power Gem, open with it since she send out Emolga first. If you have Gallade/Medicham, watch out for Blitzle's bounce. Also, Blitzle's Overheat is annoyingly strong and the white herb clears up the stat drop.

Sorry about not updating, didn't know a new page appeared (don't you judge me! xD)!

Good luck guys! xD

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Team Blaze Black Points Update! ;)
    415 Points (last score) + 575 Points = Current total 990 Points

Spoiler: Wow, it really is a huge update. Please calculate the scores again, as I might have miss or make mistakes (due to the vast amount of update, not mad but proud haha!).
    Captures and Evolutions: Total 190
    Ralts capture > Kirlia 10 Pts + 20 Pts
    Evolution to Gardevoir 20 Pts
    Evolution to Gallade 20 Pts
    Beldum capture > Metang. 10 Pts + 20 Pts
    Evolution to Espeon (named Espeonage). 20 Pts
    Gothita capture > Gothorita 10 Pts + 20 Pts
    Natu capture > Xatu 10 Pts + 20 Pts
    Solosis capture 10 Pts

TMs: Total 160 Pts
    16 TMs x 10 Pts =160 Pts

Battles: Total 225 Pts
    Floccesy Rival Battle 25 Pts
    4 Gym Leaders x 50 Pts = 200 Pts

Thanks for letting us know, Elesa's team makes me cringe now... I'm imagining how's she going to rip my team. :'(

It's okay, you're relatively new to the section! Always click 'Last Page' when you're here in the first page of our club! ;) Hope that helps.~

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Team Blaze Black Points Update! ;)
    415 Points (last score) + 575 Points = Current total 990 Points

Thanks for letting us know, Elesa's team makes me cringe now... I'm imagining how's she going to rip my team. :'(

It's okay, you're relatively new to the section! Always click 'Last Page' when you're here in the first page of our club! ;) Hope that helps.~

Woot, looks like we're in the lead Dragoz! xD

Thanks a lot for updating the score Unapologetic Sunflower, it must've been annoying (sorry!)! >.<

Tip for Elesa, EV train (well, that's Unapologetic Sunflowers' tip xD) if you can but high enough levels and a bit of luck does the trick! Looks like there won't be any instance where Psychic types are going to help, what with Roxie owning us xD

In addition, details about Norman in Driftveil City;
    Spoiler:

Good luck! I'll update on Clay (Gym leader) if I can defeat him today >.<

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Woot, looks like we're in the lead Dragoz! xD

Thanks a lot for updating the score Unapologetic Sunflower, it must've been annoying (sorry!)! >.<

Tip for Elesa, EV train (well, that's Unapologetic Sunflowers' tip xD) if you can but high enough levels and a bit of luck does the trick! Looks like there won't be any instance where Psychic types are going to help, what with Roxie owning us xD

I didn't mind, I don't mind and I won't mind updating the score board. What I mind is the Challenge related discussion becoming Private Messages exclusive conversation, which resulted the club to be quiet and inactive as suupose to be the intended opposite way.

The event is meant to make our club members close and having fun through communicating at our club and not fastening the inactiveness of this club by chatting the event related topics outside the club.

That said, keep on with the challenge. I hope I wasn't too harsh.

Try to stay active here as well! Have fun!

Last edited:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    I didn't mind, I don't mind and I won't mind updating the score board. What I mind is the Challenge related discussion becoming Private Messages exclusive conversation, which resulted the club to be quiet and inactive as suupose to be the intended opposite way.

The event is meant to make our club members close and having fun through communicating at our club and not fastening the inactiveness of this club by chatting the event related topics outside the club.

That said, keep on with the challenge. I hope I wasn't too harsh.

Try to stay active here as well! Have fun!

Gommenasai, Sunflower-san >.< I'll post every other time! >:D (except when I'm asleep/at school V.V")

As for Clay... don't fight him. Just don't. I got to his second Pokemon. And then he proceeded to OHKO the entire team. Yay. Here's what I know so far;
    Spoiler:

Who was it that wanted to do this challenge again?!

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Gommenasai, Sunflower-san >.< I'll post every other time! >:D

As for Clay... don't fight him. Just don't. I got to his second Pokemon. And then he proceeded to OHKO the entire team. Yay. Here's what I know so far;
    He starts off with Krookodile (yep, immune to Psychic) so take him out ASAP. He has Sandstorm and Earthquake. He also has Intimidate so starting out with a Pokemon with Trace helps a lot. Trace Gallade owns him.
    He then pulls/pulled out Excadrill. This thing has Swords Dance. It also has Rock Slide for anything Immune to it's Earthquake. But oh wait, that's not it! As a hello to Psychic Mono-Type challengers, he packs X-Scissor. Swords Dance + X-Scissor with Krookodile's Sandstorm out-speeds pretty much everything for OHKOs all year round. Did I mention it's at level 42? No? Well... it is!

Who was it that wanted to do this challenge again?!
    *pats your head* I know that was not intended and I'm done with being mad. {XD}

It would be great if you have a Golduck with you, if you're around Clay's area. So far your only method is train a Psyduck from Floccesy Ranch.

I still think that this hack is aiming to take down Psychic Mono players. {XD}

If this rate keeps on, Gothet is going to bypass our progress! Haha!

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    *pats your head* I know that was not intended and I'm done with being mad. {XD}

It would be great if you have a Golduck with you, if you're around Clay's area. So far your only method is train a Psyduck from Floccesy Ranch.

I still think that this hack is aiming to take down Psychic Mono players. {XD}

If this rate keeps on, Gothet is going to bypass our progress! Haha!

What if I said, "I don't need no Golduck!"? Hehehe, for you see, I have done it! I took him down! Gosh it was hard, though.

I've already described Excadrill and Krookodile and Sunflower is right, Golduck is the only Pokemon that Excadrill can't counter super effectively. That's your best bet.

Spoiler:

Good luck! (I'll probably do one last update before going to bed, assuming someone posts xD)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back