• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Yes. I am more into the collecting over competitive battling. I like to imagine my Pokemon having personalities associated with their nature. If my Shiny Ralts had a nature like say Bold or Rash I would evolve it into Gallade.

Gardevoir is called 'Sirknight' in Japan. A male orientated name, whilst Mega Gardevoir wears what can only be described as a dress, normal Gardevoir has what could be described as a robe similar to what a wizard or mage would wear. Yes it is true when you are in the game you don't notice gender. :)

Makes sense xD

Yeah, I always find that odd (along with her being in the Amorphous egg group) xD Since M-Garevoir doesn't exist, a male Gardevoir, then, isn't a problem xD

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Makes sense xD

Yeah, I always find that odd (along with her being in the Amorphous egg group) xD Since M-Garevoir doesn't exist, a male Gardevoir, then, isn't a problem xD

I plan to use the Shiny Male Gardevoir when I am not using Mega Gardevoir (If my team Mega is Mawile, Blastoise or Shiny Mega Female Garchomp). I have a Female Shiny Gardevoir to use as a Mega. :)

A Male Gardevoir makes more sense than a Male Gothitelle (Who really needs a Male Exclusive Evolution) and Female Alakazam. Whilst Female Alakazam has a shorter moustache I still always use a Male Alakazam.

I am lucky in that I have quite a few Psychic Shinys - Gardevoir, Gallade, Mime Jr, Espeon and Ralts. I am going to see if I can find a Shiny Gothorita at some point.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    I plan to use the Shiny Male Gardevoir when I am not using Mega Gardevoir (If my team Mega is Mawile, Blastoise or Shiny Mega Female Garchomp). I have a Female Shiny Gardevoir to use as a Mega. :)

A Male Gardevoir makes more sense than a Male Gothitelle (Who really needs a Male Exclusive Evolution) and Female Alakazam. Whilst Female Alakazam has a shorter moustache I still always use a Male Alakazam.

I am lucky in that I have quite a few Psychic Shinys - Gardevoir, Gallade, Mime Jr, Espeon and Ralts. I am going to see if I can find a Shiny Gothorita at some point.

I don't collect shinies xD Hence, the shiny Ralts I found was my first in over 8 years xD Some shinies look sort of weird though. Shiny M-Gardevoir just looks simply amazing but I find some of them oddly coloured xD Yeah, a female Alakazam is quite unfitting. Another Pokemon that could benefit from a gender-split is Jynx xD Why are so many Psychic types weird in this aspect?!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    I don't collect shinies xD Hence, the shiny Ralts I found was my first in over 8 years xD Some shinies look sort of weird though. Shiny M-Gardevoir just looks simply amazing but I find some of them oddly coloured xD Yeah, a female Alakazam is quite unfitting. Another Pokemon that could benefit from a gender-split is Jynx xD Why are so many Psychic types weird in this aspect?!

I do collect shinies but only ones I like and will use. Shiny Mega Gardevoir may well be my favourite Shiny in the game hence why I'm happy to go out of my way to find one.

On the other hand whilst Starmie is one of my favourite Pokemon I have no desire to get it's Shiny because of how bad it looks compared to it's excellent normal colour scheme. Yes, some Shinies look weird particularly the army of green ones. (Like Mr Mime).

Jynx being all female makes a lot of sense. It seems to be based according to some on a Dark skinned girl with peroxide blonde hair. Why is MR Mime not an All Male Species? Other than the English name it is the All Female Species Jynx's counterpart in Gen 1.

Why is a weird gender split among so many Psychic Types? Maybe the developers think the Pokemon's Psychic Powers are so great they can change to the appropriate gender...Just Kidding :) I have no idea.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Yeah I noticed are most shiny Psychic Pokémon are odd in colors, which uh... They really lived with their image of being an oddball, an image of Psychic-types.

Jynx is Nicki Minaj, it's impossible for it to be a male specie! Joking aside, she has an obvious chest so it makes perfect sense why she's a female specie. Machoke and Machamp on the other hand, needs a piece of cloth or something.

Alakazam can be argued as a fox with whiskers that resembles a mustache or beard in case of Mega Evolution. A female Alakazam also resembles Bearded Lady from the circus and freak shows, which were common during 19th and early 20th centuries. :)

Gardevoir does look like a woman, since that 'hair and 'robe' are arguably helmets and robes of a mages, priests. Notably male mages in Dragon Quest can actually wear dresses.

Gothitelle on the other hand makes sense as well, since male Gothic garments include frills and even ribbons. Its attire can be actually seen as a long coat and similarly to Gardevoir, it can be also seen as wearing a robe! ^^

Years
    Oh my! Two pages of posts I've missed in my 2 days of schoolworks! Sadly I'm just about to enter Clay's gym, which is my most recent progress. But I see there's a new event now?

I'm definitely supporting the competitive event suggested by Ket, even though I know I'll do horrible. I don't think a Swoobat with Simple and Calm Mind is gonna save me, when there's a lot of strategies and methods to consider. Yeah, I definitely suck at competitive. But I'll still participate!

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Then there is Meloetta which looks female yet isn't...

I wish I could tell you, 'oh, they are legendary Pokémon so they are classified as genderless.' But sadly it doesn't work that way, as Heatran can a male and a female. Then there's Cresselia, a fellow Psychic-type who has a gender. Makes you wonder why her counterpart, Darkrai, is genderless.

I couldn't make any speculations or theories for Meloetta being classified as genderless. She was probably intended to be a female and they forgot to code Meloetta that way.

Oh my! Two pages of posts I've missed in my 2 days of schoolworks! Sadly I'm just about to enter Clay's gym, which is my most recent progress. But I see there's a new event now?

I'm definitely supporting the competitive event suggested by Ket, even though I know I'll do horrible. I don't think a Swoobat with Simple and Calm Mind is gonna save me, when there's a lot of strategies and methods to consider. Yeah, I definitely suck at competitive. But I'll still participate!

There's no new event yet; it's all in the planning and talks. It would be bad of us to scrap the on going event! Do I look like that evaaal to you? >:)
    On a related note, I'll be officially update Team Volt White's score on a later post! ;)

That's the spirit! Winning and losing isn't important; having fun is what makes an event fun! While Swoobat isn't part of the top tiers, Simple Woobat with Calm Mind and Stored Power can be dangerous!

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    I wish I could tell you, 'oh, they are legendary Pokémon so they are classified as genderless.' But sadly it doesn't work that way, as Heatran can a male and a female. Then there's Cresselia, a fellow Psychic-type who has a gender. Makes you wonder why her counterpart, Darkrai, is genderless.

I couldn't make any speculations or theories for Meloetta being classified as genderless. She was probably intended to be a female and they forgot to code Meloetta that way.

There's no new event yet; it's all in the planning and talks. It would be bad of us to scrap the on going event! Do I look like that evaaal to you? >:)
    On a related note, I'll be officially update Team Volt White's score on a later post! ;)

That's the spirit! Winning and losing isn't important; having fun is what makes an event fun! While Swoobat isn't part of the top tiers, Simple Woobat with Calm Mind and Stored Power can be dangerous!

Once again, a Psychic type. Seeing a trend here xD

I don't understand how Simple Woobat + Calm Mind + Stored Power isn't a threat >.<

Also, under the member list, I'm still "stest12". No hurry whatsoever since it doesn't really matter anyways but if you ever have a minute of absolute boredom with nothing to do, please change it to ketsuekiR (yay! :D) xD Thanks!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Once again, a Psychic type. Seeing a trend here xD

I don't understand how Simple Woobat + Calm Mind + Stored Power isn't a threat >.<

Also, under the member list, I'm still "stest12". No hurry whatsoever since it doesn't really matter anyways but if you ever have a minute of absolute boredom with nothing to do, please change it to ketsuekiR (yay! :D) xD Thanks!

Hmm… What trend? *plays dumb*

Because its defensive stats including it HP aren't strong enough to make it a threat; one Crunch chomps it down before it can set or after setting up a Calm Mind. Like its fellow Psychic/Flying, it has potential but wasted.

I'm glad you notified us formally, you see not a lot of members do that. :)

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Hmm… What trend? *plays dumb*

Because its defensive stats including it HP aren't strong enough to make it a threat; one Crunch chomps it down before it can set or after setting up a Calm Mind. Like its fellow Psychic/Flying, it has potential but wasted.

I'm glad you notified us formally, you see not a lot of members do that. :)

You know, that trend!

True enough but in the event, I can't see many Pokemon using Crunch :/ Of course, it's just off the top of my head, I could be forgetting someone important xD

My pleasure :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    I forgot all about Meloetta being genderless despite both forms looking very female. Then again it is the only Psychic-type I have never owned.

White 2 Challenge Update

Battle With Marlon
    Spoiler:

Surprise Find - In a Friend Safari in my X Game I found a Shiny Abra...since I had a HA Gothitelle as my lead it couldn't Teleport away. It's Male and I nicknamed it Nostradamus. I evolved it into Kadabra but it might be a while until I have Shiny Alakazam which is pink and a deeper yellow, Abra and Kadabra are a paler almost Misty yellow colour with brown...what was it about us saying Psychic Types had weird shinies? :)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
    Got TM21:

Defeated Cheren in Aspertia Gym:

Got TM83:

Got TM27:

Is catching Victini allowed if it's boxed right after (I can post image to prove that I've boxed it) or it goes directly into the box due to team being full? I'm asking this because the rules say only that legendaries can't participate but technically Victini isn't participating if it's in the box all the time because common logic is that participating = battling.

Edit:
    CharmedGardy said:
    I am sure this Gen was made to punish Psychic Types.
    I've thought about switching this into a Mewtwo solo run in order to strike back.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    You know, that trend!

True enough but in the event, I can't see many Pokemon using Crunch :/ Of course, it's just off the top of my head, I could be forgetting someone important xD

My pleasure :)

Yessy, Swoobat might be a terror in a All Psychic-type match. But hey don't take that Crunch too literal -- it means physical moves!

The Gardevids? >:)

I forgot all about Meloetta being genderless despite both forms looking very female. Then again it is the only Psychic-type I have never owned.

White 2 Challenge Update

Battle With Marlon
    Spoiler:

Surprise Find - In a Friend Safari in my X Game I found a Shiny Abra...since I had a HA Gothitelle as my lead it couldn't Teleport away. It's Male and I nicknamed it Nostradamus. I evolved it into Kadabra but it might be a while until I have Shiny Alakazam which is pink and a deeper yellow, Abra and Kadabra are a paler almost Misty yellow colour with brown...what was it about us saying Psychic Types had weird shinies? :)

Congratulations with the Shiny Abra and Gym battle victory!

Got TM21:

Defeated Cheren in Aspertia Gym:

Got TM83:

Got TM27:

Is catching Victini allowed if it's boxed right after (I can post image to prove that I've boxed it) or it goes directly into the box due to team being full? I'm asking this because the rules say only that legendaries can't participate but technically Victini isn't participating if it's in the box all the time because common logic is that participating = battling.

Edit:
    I've thought about switching this into a Mewtwo solo run in order to strike back.

10 Points for Bianca's TM.
    10 Points for Cheren's TM.
    50 Points for victorious battle with Cheren.
    10 Points for Plasma's TM.
    50 Points per bonus images, 4 images in a 200 Points for bonus image total.

Team Volt White Points Update
    5085 Points (last score) + 280 Pts = 5365 Points

Team Blaze Black Points Update
    Current Points: 2025 Points

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I know, I know, I just feel bad for Swoobat xD

You know you like em! Jk, jk :P

A Mega Evolution with reasonable and beneficial stat can help the cute bad! ;)

Our next topic will cover that part, don't worry. I mean it. :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

You can catch Victini for scores, but you just can't use it! Same applies for Lake Trio and other Psychic legendary, but they don't give more points than your average Psychihc mons!

Speaking of which I haven't catch mine and I'm not interested either. I don't hate it, but it's a drag to capture legends. :P

True, true!

Can't wait for that! ;P

i know u liekz gardevids and gardepics :v

Speaking of pics.

Spoiler:

Spoiler: Battle related

25 Points for Victory Road Rival Battle
    First person to record in Hall of Fame 500 Pts.
    Winning against Marlon 50 Pts.
    Winning Elite Four battles (as a whole) 200 Pts.
    Winning the first battle with Kyurem 100 Pts.
    Winning the first battle with Ghetsis 100 Pts.
    Total points: 975 Pts

Image bonus
    11 IMGS x 50 Pts each = 550 Points

Points contributed by Sun: 550+170+975 = 1695
    Team Volt White Points Update
    5365 Points (last score) + 1695 Pts = 7060 Points

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
    Got TM47:

Got TM94:

Male Ralts evolved into Kirlia:

Defeated Roxie:

Got TM09:

Got HM01 (not sure if it counts):

This question seems to be pretty hard because Sun hasn't answered to it yet?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back