• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
  • Mesuda method is probably the best way. It cuts the shiny encounter rate in half. Also it helps if you have the shiny charm. Since I was able to get 3 shinies within 24 eggs in X after receiving the charm. And having the oval charm also really helps.
    As for the shiny values, you got me.

Ok plus I don't understand shiny values :'(

grassdragon

Grass Lover!
    Years
  • When you begin a Pokemon game, you are assigned a hidden number called your SID (Secret ID). When you receive an egg, a number is generated for that egg. If the SID number for your egg number matches your trainer SID, then the Pokemon within the egg will be shiny, hence the term Shiny Value. There is no way to determine what your SID is without using a hacking device or by uploading your Pokemon onto Pokecheck.org (which has been under maintenance since Gen VI began.)

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    So I'm thinking of doing something a little different. How would you guys like to do a Question of the Week? type of thing??

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    So I'm thinking of doing something a little different. How would you guys like to do a Question of the Week? type of thing??

Sounds good to me.

Still trying to breed my shiny Charmander, taking ages this time.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • Name: Vern
    Partner Pokemon :Arcanine and Lapras
    Answer the current topic: For Spring, I'll be breeding Oddish (for Bellosom) and Cherubi in hopes for a shiny to match the Spring weather.

grassdragon

Grass Lover!
    Years
  • So I'm thinking of doing something a little different. How would you guys like to do a Question of the Week? type of thing??
    Sounds good to me. I'm full of random trivia, Pokemon or otherwise. To my friends, I'm the go to guy for Pokemon information whether it's breeding, movesets, battle strategies, you name it.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Okay guys, there is going to be a new segment of this thread called Question of the Week. Pretty much it's any one person can post a question for the week, any and all members can answer the question at anytime. If there is two (2) questions asked within the first 5 days, it will be used for the following weeks QOTW.

Name: Vern
    Partner Pokemon :Arcanine and Lapras
    Answer the current topic: For Spring, I'll be breeding Oddish (for Bellosom) and Cherubi in hopes for a shiny to match the Spring weather.

Welcome to the club! Glad to see a new face around here.
    ———————————————————————————————————————————————

I'll start. The QOTW is:
    What is your preferred method of hatching eggs? (i.e. With flame body, lumiose circle, going around region, ect.)

PhantomWolf

SWEET MOTHER TERESA ON THE HOOD OF A MERCEDES BENZ
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    My preferred method of hatching eggs is with flame body, hatching o-power and around the battle resort in oras.

In other news, I traded for a shiny 6IV japanese ditto today!

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • Thank you!

My preferred method in XY is using Flame Body, with Hatching O-Power S (also with the 4000 3DS steps trick), and riding back and forth the path at the daycare on a bike.

I usually get eggs within 30 seconds - 1 minute of cycling back and forth.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Volcarona, Hatching O-power and riding round the beach in battle resort. I did originally setup my secret base in the tree near the mauville daycare but with needing the IV checker the battle resort is much handier.

Whats the 4000 3DS steps trick?

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    As for me in X I use both lumiose center and the route the daycare is on with talonflame; for AS I use the battle resort as well as the bike area/travel around with the hatching power 3 and magcargo.

Years
  • Name: Charcoal Embers
    Partner Pokemon: Malamar and Chestnaught
    Current Topic: What is your favorite method of breeding: Mine is pretty standard, Everstone Ditto with the pokemon I am breeding for the nature, then I get the egg and use Flame Body Talonflame with Hatching O-Power 3 to speed up the process.

I also have a question. If someone wouldn't mind trying to help me get up to speed a bit with this?

Back