• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen BW Pokemon Transfer

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Man I don't want to work for Pokemons that I've worked hard for before.
    It's better be easier than Pal Park or they're going to pay.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    Pal park is easy and kinda irritating in its easiness. This PokeShifter thing looks like fun. :)

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    I think this anger and despair is based on confusion. What happens is you transfer your pokemon from one DS cartridge to the other, and because there's only one DS cartridge per console, you have to transfer wirelessly. It's just like trading. Only, in stead of just simply getting the pokemon right off the bat, you play a minigame in order to receive the pokemon. The pokemon jump from bush to bush. The bush will rustle before they pop out.

This game looks easy and fun. Rest assured, you'll be able to get all six of the transfered pokemon without difficulty.

Years
    Yeah the new Pal Park looks pretty good, with a better way of catching them then in the 4th Gen. But I'm wondering if you can trade them back to the 4th Gen games or whether it's like the Pal Park now, where once they're over you can't trade back.
    If that's right than I'll live with it, but I'll find it slightly annoying since you'll still be using the same type of cartridges etc.

G3RM

Trainer
    Years
    so if you have to use this thing to trade over and can't do a regular trade before the game is over that might mean there are no previous generation pokemon in BW

just speculating

Shubshub

Master of The Y
    Years
    PokeShifter Sounds Like A Portable Device Like The PokeWalker
    They Should Have Called It Something Like The Following
    WirelessPal Park
    Transfer Dome
    Wireless Dome
    Pal Park
    PokeTransfer Zone

Or If They Really Wanted PokeShifter That Bad Maybe they should Have Called It
    PokeShifter Zone
    " " Dome
    " " Island

Or Something

Years
    How do we know there will be cross-gen trading? Simple: the alt-coloured Suicune, Entei and Raikou you receive as part of the 13th movie promotion, as well as the Celebi, must come from somewhere if they're to activate events in Black and White. What hasn't been confirmed is whether you actually trade them over or transfer them in a manner similar to Pal Park. (It would still need two DS units, though.)

(Yeah, a while ago, but I want to respond:D)
    That's what I meant, I was asking if it was confirmed that trading was possible. I was aware of the shiny Legendary Beast being transferred from HGSS, but what I was asking was if it was actually trading, and not just transferring. Anyway, now we know that it's only transferring, with the shooter thing.
    It doesn't matter now, but I think it would have been better to re-use the Time Capsule concept from GSC, where you could actually trade from GSC to RBY. Having said that, it was alot simpler back then, Pokemon didn't have
    abilities or Trainer Memos. It still should have been a workable idea for Black and White though :\ Oh well.

RazorClaw99

Banned
    Years
    New Transfer of Old Game Pokemon Sucks!

Hey Guy and Gals,

ON Serebii.net the have showen a preview of how u can transfer pokemon from pearl/diamond/platinum/heartgold/soulsilver version to black and white via a pal park idea but making it an archery range and using the stylist to show and arrow with a pokeball to the pokemon up in the grass to tray and capture it. Which I think Sucks cause normally u could transfer previous versions pokemon back to the version as long as it had no new move set and or from GBA to the DS Pal Park with walking around in the wild areas to capture them, pokemon with and 100% capture ball (non-masterball) and it would stay in the type of ball u captured it in from the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Leaf Green/Fire Red version of the gab game now those where better systems for transfering pokemon even between the GBA Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Leaf Green/Fire Red where all u need to do was go to the islands in Leaf Green/Fire Red and get a specfic stones to create a machine to trade between the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald versions to complete ur nat dexs. What do u think of the new system?

Back