• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen BW Pokemon Transfer

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2011
    I also think the pokeshifter won't be usable until after the national dex is obtained.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2011
    I will never get over this, we should have the right to use the older Pokemon if we want, like in DPPt. Most of these new Pokemon are awful, don't force me to use them. ;~;
    I personally think the new pokemon in general have been okay except for that crappy red and blue rock thing.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    It's more likely that the PokeShifter isn't usable until Post Nat'l Dex, and the Piplup is there because it can be traded from another BW game. DPPt and HGSS was the same way; if you didn't know, you can trade in non-Johto or non-Sinnoh Pokemon prior to obtaining the nat'l dex.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    It's more likely that the PokeShifter isn't usable until Post Nat'l Dex, and the Piplup is there because it can be traded from another BW game. DPPt and HGSS was the same way; if you didn't know, you can trade in non-Johto or non-Sinnoh Pokemon prior to obtaining the nat'l dex.

yes but HG/SS came AFTER gen D/P/P.
    and i know what your gona say, "gen V is coming after BOTH of them"
    but HG/SS are remakes of gen 2 equipped with all the gen 4 pokemon that came out before it without adding any new ones.
    there for you can freely trade pokemon back and forth as much as you want.
    but as soon as a new gen comes out, you are unable to trade DIRECTLY from SS/HG or D/P/P to B/W.
    new pokemon=no trade with previous gen
    but you CAN transfer pokemon from gen 4 to gen 5.
    so the only three reasonable explanations for this pic is

1. the player used the transfer machine and went to the route that you capture minezumi in

2. somebody else transferred piplup to their game, then traded onto that one

or

3. gamfreak did it. just because they can.

this isn't directed at you but to a number of people that started pokemon later on and don't understand the concept of kanto came first, then johto, then hoenn, then sinnoh, and now isshu.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    yes but HG/SS came AFTER gen D/P/P.
    and i know what your gona say, "gen V is coming after BOTH of them"
    but HG/SS are remakes of gen 2 equipped with all the gen 4 pokemon that came out before it without adding any new ones.
    there for you can freely trade pokemon back and forth as much as you want.
    but as soon as a new gen comes out, you are unable to trade DIRECTLY from SS/HG or D/P/P to B/W.
    new pokemon=no trade with previous gen
    but you CAN transfer pokemon from gen 4 to gen 5.
    so the only three reasonable explanations for this pic is

1. the player used the transfer machine and went to the route that you capture minezumi in

2. somebody else transferred piplup to their game, then traded onto that one

or

3. gamfreak did it. just because they can.

this isn't directed at you but to a number of people that started pokemon later on and don't understand the concept of kanto came first, then johto, then hoenn, then sinnoh, and now isshu.
    What? Think back to FRLG. Johto and Hoenn Pokemon are locked out until after the National Dex. In Diamond and Pearl, if you restart, you can trade over any Pokemon you feel like even without the National Dex. In other words, you could go through the game with any Pokemon form Bulbasaur to Arceus, if you have one to trade over.

Besides, what I'm talking about is: A Black/White cart gets the National Dex and the PokeShifter, and uses it to get Piplup, and then trades it over to a Black or White cart without the National Dex. Also, my main point was that you will be able to Piplup at some point, and you will still be able to encounter Lv.8 Minezumi...

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I will never get over this (olol), we should have the right to use the older Pokemon if we want, like in DPPt. Most of these new Pokemon are awful, don't force me to use them. ;~;
    Yeah but you could only get the old pokemon by trade not by Pal park only on so most people would need to trade with someone who has completed the game and gotten old pokemon to start with the old mons...

Back