• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen BW Pokemon Transfer

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    I agree...The new transfer system is stupid. There's a time limit...What happens if we don't shoot em in time ('- ~-) They should have made it just like palpark, or maybe have you go to Hiun city, where you can "Import" pokemon over from other regions at the docks...

Years
    Pal Park, though it was technically finding Pokemon and catching them with Master Park Balls, it was like a minigame. The Pokemon weren't just magically transported to your Box, you had to do something to actually obtain them. The only difference now is that it's been made slightly more interesting. Obviously if the time limit runs out you just have to try again- I really doubt you'd lose Pokemon you transferred over if you were too slow.
    Having said all of that, I don't like the look of this "PokeShifter". Maybe I'll like actually using it, but my first impression of i is not a great one.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I think it seems easier than the Pal Park.
    In the Park, I would walk a lot just to get my [[rare]] Deoxys event off my FR. It took me so much.
    But now, a touch minigame in which I only need to pull some weird slingshot while Pokemon are jumping around and everyone's caught. It seems much easier to me. ;)

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    I hope you don't have to recapture all of them if you happen to run out of time. That would be ANNOYING (#> _<)p I don't like being rushed in videogames...

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I think it looks kinda cool :)
    It seems fun and easier then walking around for hours trying to find your Pokemon.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years

so we all are perfessional at this stuff, then they bring a whole new game.

This is hardly even Pokemon anymore

Pokemon is RUINED FOREVER! You suck, Nintendo!

All joking aside, I honestly think that this is AWESOME! I really like the idea of this. I doubt you would have to recatch them all, just try again.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    Well we should start getting used to a Timer right now, because
    by the looks of that First "Mission" on Pokebeach and Serebii
    the Missions have Time Limits =\
    but i don't mind it in the least =DD

People should stop being so Lazy >.<
    i liked having to work in Pal Park
    and i like how this is Lookin =P
    Doesn't look TOO freakin hard... unless you have Twitches in your Stylus Hand xD

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    This may be confusing. I know. To transfer pokemon from Gen 4 to Gen 5, you turn on the DS with the B/W game, go to the place where you recieve Gen 4 pokemon, talk to the person that you want a pokemon import, then turn on the DS with the D/P/Pt/HG/SS game. On the menu screen, select "Connect to future game". The Gen 5 game will detect a Gen 4 game and then communicate with each other. Then you can send your pokemon to the Gen 4 game to the Gen 5 game. You can do up to 30 at a time. After it's done, your Gen 4 pokemon will be stored in a box.

RazorClaw99

Banned
    Years
    Pal Park, though it was technically finding Pokemon and catching them with Master Park Balls, it was like a minigame. The Pokemon weren't just magically transported to your Box, you had to do something to actually obtain them. The only difference now is that it's been made slightly more interesting. Obviously if the time limit runs out you just have to try again- I really doubt you'd lose Pokemon you transferred over if you were too slow.
    Having said all of that, I don't like the look of this "PokeShifter". Maybe I'll like actually using it, but my first impression of i is not a great one.

then u suck too pal park no time limit and made it so u did nothing for aiming **** what would u using this mingame help later on I.E. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time the mini game training for final boss fight.

This may be confusing. I know. To transfer pokemon from Gen 4 to Gen 5, you turn on the DS with the B/W game, go to the place where you recieve Gen 4 pokemon, talk to the person that you want a pokemon import, then turn on the DS with the D/P/Pt/HG/SS game. On the menu screen, select "Connect to future game". The Gen 5 game will detect a Gen 4 game and then communicate with each other. Then you can send your pokemon to the Gen 4 game to the Gen 5 game. You can do up to 30 at a time. After it's done, your Gen 4 pokemon will be stored in a box.

go to Serebii.net and u'll see the right version.

Merged the threads on transfers since the threads that effectively discuss the same topic (with one talking about how it sucks to start off with).

I just hope the Wii becomes a way to do a transfer too. This kind of transfer is needlessly convoluted.

Then maybe make this thread sticky u lazy ass this is a very import issue so that if the nintendo dev team look at this site for the development of the game then this will help them see the pros vs cons of the system idea and either keep it/change it/improve it.

Last edited:
    Years
    Piplup Vs. Minezumi

Hey everyone, I just noticed that the Lvl. 10 Piplup is fighting a Lvl. 8 Minezumi. The Minezumi's level generally suggests that it is very early on in the game. So, do you think it is possible that we will be able to use PokeShifter as soon as we start the game? If not, at least close to the beginning?

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Hey everyone, I just noticed that the Lvl. 10 Piplup is fighting a Lvl. 8 Minezumi. The Minezumi's level generally suggests that it is very early on in the game. So, do you think it is possible that we will be able to use PokeShifter as soon as we start the game? If not, at least close to the beginning?

Well im pretty sure we cant use the Pokeshifter until we get the national dex because this blog post by the Game Freak director: https://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir/?p=255 basically states that there wont be any old pokemon in the isshu dex.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    maybe you saw mijumaru not piplup?

Ehem...
    BW Pokemon Transfer

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    OMFG? i've never seen that pic before.

maybe you used the poke shifter and flew to the route were you can catch him.

Back