• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    I have a Challenge Question if that's okay, was there ever a thread for Egglockes or would a thread for an egglocke be allowed? Thought I'd ask this time before posting a thread lol

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I have a Challenge Question if that's okay, was there ever a thread for Egglockes or would a thread for an egglocke be allowed? Thought I'd ask this time before posting a thread lol
    Could you define exactly what an Egglocke is? I don't think I've ever heard of one lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Could you define exactly what an Egglocke is? I don't think I've ever heard of one lol.

An Egglocke is a challenge pretty much like a Nuzlocke where you catch your Pokemon, then you swap it out for a random egg that you get from trades. It does involve a cheat code, however, to hack in Rare Candies, as well as a quick egg hatch code. Their purpose is to raise the level of the newly, immediately hatched egg to the level of the Pokemon you caught. I don't really see this as requiring its own thread, because I've seen people play it, and it usually does not break the main rules of the Nuzlocke challenge. Idk, ShadowGreninja, I guess just talk to Jak and see what she says about it.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015

Sorry lol I Should've Explained It, It's Basically a Nuzlocke Where You Only Use Pokemon You've Hatched/Obtained from Eggs Rather Than Catching Pokemon.

@Feraligatr13 Yeah that's why I was thinking it wouldn't be allowed, probably wouldn't need its own thread.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Sorry lol I Should've Explained It, It's Basically a Nuzlocke Where You Only Use Pokemon You've Hatched/Obtained from Eggs Rather Than Catching Pokemon.

@Feraligatr13 Yeah that's why I was thinking it wouldn't be allowed, probably wouldn't need its own thread.
    idk the fact that you need to get eggs from outside might warrant a new thread, but that's for Syd to decide.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I would say the necessity for eggs is enough difference from the main, so I'd let that have its own thread. It breaks the "catch the first Pokemon on the route" thing, so that's a good enough reason.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Well, that's settled. ShadowGreninja, you have another challenge, lol.

Congrats on getting the Index up, Jak :D I still can't believe you put my challenge in it considering its practical nonexistence in the thread.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • I need to put some time into developing my new challenge tomorrow haha. Been preoccupied trying to breed.

Goodluck!

Also good job Syd for putting the index!
    I can't believe my name is up there with all the monotypes and wedlockes, but considering i took on handling a classic, i guess i kinda have to believe haha.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • So currently making the Norse God Challenge and I find it more complicated to make than the Greek ones xD

I can't find a Norse god that is associated with Dragon type :(

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • So currently making the Norse God Challenge and I find it more complicated to make than the Greek ones xD

I can't find a Norse god that is associated with Dragon type :(

Nidhogg is the dragon who's according to legends, eats the roots of Yggdrasill.

Hope i could help!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I'll gladly take it of your hands :)

Should I make a new thread or just take possession of the old one?
    Well the rules were changed like halfway down the first page, so idk. It's your call. It's old enough that you could probably just make a new thread and have Syd close the old one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Well the rules were changed like halfway down the first page, so idk. It's your call. It's old enough that you could probably just make a new thread and have Syd close the old one.

Let's see what Jak says; I don't want to do anything unnecessary, know what I mean? lol

Ok, after literally a half an hour of work, I am proud to say that the Mega Evolution Challenge is back in business! I know I said I would do it in HTML & CSS, but I have very rudimentary knowledge of the languages, so I will just have a friend of mine do it as he is able to :D

On an unrelated note, what ever became of the BINGO Challenge? WarriorCat!? You there!?

Um, yeah, I just looked, and the last update on the BINGO Challenge was on January 12th. Would that be considered dead, even though the last post was 3 weeks ago? Because if it's dead, I'd like to call dibs. :/

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think someone should start up the old TCG challenge. That was fun.
    I'd do it myself, but I'm kinda bogged down with coursework and assignments lately. :/

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I think someone should start up the old TCG challenge. That was fun.
    I'd do it myself, but I'm kinda bogged down with coursework and assignments lately. :/
    I'm glad someone wants to see it return. I don't really think I should take on another challenge at the moment or I would.

Years
  • Of course I want it to return! It was one of my favourite challenges. I was partway through an ultimate run before I lost all my stuff, and I'd really like to continue it.
    If no-one wants to take it on, then I shall be glad to do it, but updates may only be once or twice a week. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back