• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Changes you expect on the Rival(Silver)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I always liked the Pokemon he had. Last time, he had Crobat-Poison/Flying, Gengar-Ghost/Poison, Magneton-Electric/Steel, Alakazam-Psychic, Sneasel-Dark/Ice, and the starter that's strong against your starter. If anything, I think they should improve the attacks of the Pokemon, and raise the levels. Also, they could make his Magneton and Sneasel evolve into Magnezone and Weavile.

Spoiler:

He had Pokémon that suited his type of personality. Plus, his Pokémon, if not noticed, are all high status Pokémon that are quite frequently seen in OU battles through Wi-Fi. I can see his Magneton and Sneasel probably evolving afterwards when they allow Sinnoh Pokémon to be seen. I expect they'll do the same to Gym Leaders and Elites after as well. Though, his team doesn't need changing except maybe a more updated look to fit the more modern trend, somewhat of how Gold has been changed. They'll need to keep his rough style look though just to match his personality. I don't expect much changes to happen to him though, and neither his team until later possibly.

For the grass comment, you can use any Pokémon you want to complete the game, it's an open wide basis for it.

New clothes, of course.
    Honestly, I don't think he'll change much. Just his same 'tude in the beginning and newfound respect for the hero nearing the end. I like him just the way he was. <3

This is exactly what I think as well. Maybe a few touches here and there, and a new moveset for his Pokémon as they progress is something more than likely to change. They'll add in the different abilities that is for sure and the new DPPt moves to give him a better edge in battling against us. Which I don't mind, because even though he had a rought type personality who only wanted to be strong, he still wasn't hard to defeat in the game.

Oh yeah, if they give him an animation, I'd expect it to be something smooth and simple. Definitely not what was like Barry, as their personality different quite far.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Oh yeah, if they give him an animation, I'd expect it to be something smooth and simple. Definitely not what was like Barry, as their personality different quite far.

rofl xD if its something like Barry i'll be too busy lol-ing to be angry xD;;

i expect something like a >:] grin and pointing, something like "im better than you"-ish,

or his hair being all...purtyful *u*

change of heart im not sure, but less ebil >:] and more like :] ya' know what im saying cuz i sure dont

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    rofl xD if its something like Barry i'll be too busy lol-ing to be angry xD;;

i expect something like a >:] grin and pointing, something like "im better than you"-ish,

or his hair being all...purtyful *u*

change of heart im not sure, but less ebil >:] and more like :] ya' know what im saying cuz i sure dont

Yeah, a short turn of grin, shift in head, and probably a wave in the hair is something that sounds like what Silver can do in an animation. I don't know if they'll change his look and animation after his personality change, but it is something that I can probably hope for. Though, if it's something like Barry, then it'll definitely be a disappointment as that wouldn't match his ways at all, and look really silly. I agree though, I'd laught to see Silver do that though, it would sure be an unexpected, I know that.

They'll probably just update his look slightly, maybe reveal him to be Giovanni's son!

If not reveal that he is Giovanni's son, then definitely hint more to it. Though, I think it'll add an interesting storyline afterwards as after Johto things were pretty much dead, and an excitement like that would be a pretty good add in for turn of events. Hopefully, if done, it'll explain why so much he hated Team Rocket, and still stuck on our side even though he treated us like the terrible rivals we might have been in his eyes.

Ayselipera

I also hope they try to finally confirm if Silver is Giovanni's son or not.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I think they should stick to his overall appearance, maybe change his clothes like they did with Gold. But like was said above more of his background information being revealed would be cool. Like each encounter with him, another detail is revealed. That would be cool.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • Yeah, a short turn of grin, shift in head, and probably a wave in the hair is something that sounds like what Silver can do in an animation. I don't know if they'll change his look and animation after his personality change, but it is something that I can probably hope for. Though, if it's something like Barry, then it'll definitely be a disappointment as that wouldn't match his ways at all, and look really silly. I agree though, I'd laught to see Silver do that though, it would sure be an unexpected, I know that.

If not reveal that he is Giovanni's son, then definitely hint more to it. Though, I think it'll add an interesting storyline afterwards as after Johto things were pretty much dead, and an excitement like that would be a pretty good add in for turn of events. Hopefully, if done, it'll explain why so much he hated Team Rocket, and still stuck on our side even though he treated us like the terrible rivals we might have been in his eyes.
    The tossing of hair I could definitely imagine. You're so right, it fits his personality.XD

As for me...new clothes, new sprite, revision of backstory. Basically, everything that's already been said. Though I pray every day that Nintendo didn't follow a similar clothes design to the girl character...

As for him being Giovanni's son and his reason for hating TR...maybe it has something to do with his mom? I mean, D/P/P actually used BOTH parents for the rival, so it might work...

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I don't see much change in Silver for the remake. He had an ok team and a decent amount of appearances. When it comes to levels, I can see them being bumped up a little bit, though only if the gym leaders and E4 have their teams levels bumped up. As for animation, I'm down with the flipping hair thing, or anything that makes him seem superior for that matter. :3

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • Changes you expect on the Rival(Silver)

Silver looks pretty sick in this picture. Maybe they can make him look like his PokeSpecial incarnation?

sonicisrad

^ Yes he is. ^
    Years
  • Even though most have said this, I can't help but make a reptition of it. I'd like to see Silver with a more modern style, more encounters, a little more backstory would be nice for him, and definitely an upgrade in levels. I'd also like to see his starter following along side him since we get to as well.

But unlike Gold, he's a tough nut and isn't caring until you beat him at Victory Road.

I'd like him to have a large story behind his character, have more encounters, or atleast have him cameo around the place, like have him come out of gyms just as you go in on ocassions. Also upgrade his pokemon. Keep the type range similar (Gastly, Magneton etc.) but include newer pokemons.

Isabelle

★ Emo Princess ★
    Years
  • As others said. Maybe they will reveal him as Giovanni's Son. But who knows. Maybe in the game you'll see the true identity of Silver.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Here comes a long post!

I don't want his team to change. I only want the Pokemon in his team who got a new evolution in the 4th generation to evolve to that form, maybe.

Like someone said before, I'd like him to make more short appearances, like him getting out of some gym, and stuff like that.

As much as teaming up with him could be nice, it wouldn't be very realistic, since his personality would not let him. He's very arrogant, and he always works alone. He believes that he doesn't need help from anyone - so I don't think that there will be a team-up with him...

One thing that will definitely change would be his appearance and outfit.
    I hope his new outfit still has the same colour scheme, and we can probably count on them to make the outfit nice.
    And about his appearance, we can assume that he will get a slimer, taller build, just like the redesign of Gold - though I didn't like the slimness factor, since they made Gold too slim. Maybe a little slim would be good...

The starter following him around could be a nice idea. That would be something new and good.

I'd really like it if his character is built more than before, like him making more appearances, talking to you more...maybe.
    I'd like his personality to roughly remain the same. But some small modifications must be done - like him referring to you as a wimp and calling your Pokemon weak, even if you win - those should be replaced with something which is not stupid like this.

A better and longer ending would be nice. Or how about him becoming a good guy forever?
    And about back story - it doesn't matter to me whether he is related to Giovanni or not, but I do hope they add more back story - like where did he come from, where does he live and who does he live with, and things like that.

I'm afraid they won't change much about him :s he should get a haircut someday! ^^

No, they will - at least his looks.
    But even if looks are changed, he must NOT get a haircut. Long hair is cool, and it suits him. Cutting it would reduce the "badass" aura about him, lol.

I'd like him to appear more and elaborate on what it is he's actually doing while training. Apparently he foiled a Rocked scheme that we never knew about? And yeah, more hints towards him and Giovanni.

Yeah, good point. I wonder what he actually does while he works through with his training and works to put out Team Rocket.
    But I don't remember him foiling a Team Rocket scheme without you knowing about it.

-

Shirona

[span="font-size: 18px; font-family: Abril Fatface
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2019
    Nonsense. There's tons of ways you can make a guy look badass. But really? We already know he's keeping the long hair.

Years
  • A Backstory would be very nice, actually. He's the most unknown Rival in the games (which is actually not that bad), but seeing more of his side of the story wouldn't really hurt.

And if he was battle-able after getting the Nat Dex and he had new Pokemon (in the same vein as Red) then he'll be slightly more awesome. =P

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Here comes a long post!

I don't want his team to change. I only want the Pokemon in his team who got a new evolution in the 4th generation to evolve to that form, maybe.

Like someone said before, I'd like him to make more short appearances, like him getting out of some gym, and stuff like that.

As much as teaming up with him could be nice, it wouldn't be very realistic, since his personality would not let him. He's very arrogant, and he always works alone. He believes that he doesn't need help from anyone - so I don't think that there will be a team-up with him...

One thing that will definitely change would be his appearance and outfit.
    I hope his new outfit still has the same colour scheme, and we can probably count on them to make the outfit nice.
    And about his appearance, we can assume that he will get a slimer, taller build, just like the redesign of Gold - though I didn't like the slimness factor, since they made Gold too slim. Maybe a little slim would be good...

The starter following him around could be a nice idea. That would be something new and good.

I'd really like it if his character is built more than before, like him making more appearances, talking to you more...maybe.
    I'd like his personality to roughly remain the same. But some small modifications must be done - like him referring to you as a wimp and calling your Pokemon weak, even if you win - those should be replaced with something which is not stupid like this.

A better and longer ending would be nice. Or how about him becoming a good guy forever?
    And about back story - it doesn't matter to me whether he is related to Giovanni or not, but I do hope they add more back story - like where did he come from, where does he live and who does he live with, and things like that.

No, they will - at least his looks.
    But even if looks are changed, he must NOT get a haircut. Long hair is cool, and it suits him. Cutting it would reduce the "badass" aura about him, lol.

Yeah, good point. I wonder what he actually does while he works through with his training and works to put out Team Rocket.
    But I don't remember him foiling a Team Rocket scheme without you knowing about it.

-

Agreed, changing him team isn't needed. The Pokémon he Silver had before in the originals had a match towards his personality. His look I would expect chanigng like you've mentioned. Though, they should keep the rough look of him and not make him slender. Even though they might choose to do so, hopefully it won't ruin his bad look against us. Also, yeah even if his relations with Giovanni isn't announced, maybe references towards it can be admitted by other people. This can hopefully tie into a twisting plot to go along with Kanto where he'll continue his appearance and we'll start to learn more about what he did while gone, and why he might have decided to perhaps join Team Rocket. Though, this might not happen, it would reveal something more about him and keep us playing along.

Oh yeah, no hair cut. That along can change his look too much to appear nicer and give his face more of the kind and happy look, which will definitely not match his ways in the game. A broad and dark smile to him will be a good factor though, it'll make his appearance seem more staggering.

I doubt they'll allow double battles with him and us, like you mentioned. He's not the same type of guy like Barry was in DPPt. Two complete opposites, and Silver is more of the lone wolf anyway. It would be cool, but with the way they've made him to be, I just don't see it happening, even if there might be a slight chance of it happening.

A Backstory would be very nice, actually. He's the most unknown Rival in the games (which is actually not that bad), but seeing more of his side of the story wouldn't really hurt.

And if he was battle-able after getting the Nat Dex and he had new Pokemon (in the same vein as Red) then he'll be slightly more awesome. =P

Yes, definitely evolve those Pokémon such as Sneasel and Magneton to their new evolutions after the National Dex is obtained. Not before, because that'll ruin the nostalgic feel at the main plot of the game. With his new Pokémon, I wouldn't say he'll be slighty more awesome, as he will be awesome and a lot more competitive against us if they raise levels.

Blue Tomoshibi

Pokémon a go-go!
    Years
  • It would be awesome if Giovanni shows up after the Mount Moon Encounter, and gives a whole "Silver... I AM YOUR FATHER!" Kind of deal, then Silver denies it, and THEY FIGHT! But Silver drags you in too. So thats where a possible team up could happen. I mean how bad ass would that be?

You and Silver vs. Giovanni and some Rocket Admin or something

That probably won't happen, but you gotta agree that would be cool.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • It would be awesome if Giovanni shows up after the Mount Moon Encounter, and gives a whole "Silver... I AM YOUR FATHER!" Kind of deal, then Silver denies it, and THEY FIGHT! But Silver drags you in too. So thats where a possible team up could happen. I mean how bad ass would that be?

You and Silver vs. Giovanni and some Rocket Admin or something

That probably won't happen, but you gotta agree that would be cool.
    That whole situation is AWESOME, and it would no doubt be EPIC in game, but you're right, it probably won't happen, unfortunately. I really doubt they'll change things in the game storyline that much.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The least they might do, if not completely mention he's Giovanni's son is give out references and hints towards it. Though, I wouldn't expect them to change much of it either, as it might not be entirely needed. Plus, seeing as we don't know what they might have in store afterwards, and with the new female playing a role of the game, things can change in a difference direction. With this being said, they might continuie Silver's departure the same or at least give us one last battle with him including his newer Pokémon. After that, they can briefly allow him to explain what may be his thoughts or opinions on things after his change in attitude and give us the story we've all been longing for. Any how it turns out, the most I expect changing is his appearance. It's really hard to call as GameFreak wants it to be similar to the original Gold and Silver, yet they have new features planned for it as well. Silver is somethign I predict being the same, alogn with most of the game probably.

DCstrX

Collector
    Years
  • do you really think theres gona be that much of a difference? its a remake, not a new game...ugh. i want it to come out already!!!!!!

Back