• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Code Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
Years
  • Grr, my gameshark is messed up. Everytime I download codes into it, the are deleted somehow. I download the codes, shut off the gameboy, unplug the cord, turn on the gameboy with the shark (the codes are still there) select some codes, wait until it goes to sapphire, the codes don't work, I shut it off, I turn it back on and the number of codes is then 0 when I turn it back on. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it? Will I have to buy a new Gameshark? Please help me O_o I think the version is 1.2, that is what the readme says...

Mew9

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
  • I had exactly the same problem with the same version. U can only fix it by upgrading it. I wrote a guide on like page 20 or something about how 2 upgrade a screwed up version 1.2 that worked perfectly 4 me. Try that.

skds1433

Mihopa Adm!n/Designer
    Years
  • Pokedragonfire said:
    Grr, my gameshark is messed up. Everytime I download codes into it, the are deleted somehow. I download the codes, shut off the gameboy, unplug the cord, turn on the gameboy with the shark (the codes are still there) select some codes, wait until it goes to sapphire, the codes don't work, I shut it off, I turn it back on and the number of codes is then 0 when I turn it back on. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it? Will I have to buy a new Gameshark? Please help me O_o I think the version is 1.2, that is what the readme says...
    No, try unpluging the cord, before you turn it off, and then let it restart itself, that way when it rastarts it self, it also saves what you have.

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
  • It freezes when I unplug it, but when I restart it manually, the codes are still there but when I restart it after I play the game all the codes are gone like before. I tried updating it but it didn't seem to help either. Is it normal to take awhile while loading the codes like 8 or 9 seconds instead of 2? I think it is deleting the codes instead of loading them...

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2005
    does anyone have the shiny pokeon code for the gameshark sp because I would like my bench to shine.

Mew9

Years
  • just upgrade it. u'll soon find dat even though u type in correct codes, they won't work or will sometimes even crash or destroy ur game. i can't even play Breath of Fire 2 now, cause i typed in a code CORRECTLY and it destroyed my game. The start menu won't even come up. U should just follow my guide 2 upgrade it 4 the sake of ur game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Eh, not their fault it got messed up. Almost all cheating devices give a disclaimer they are not in any way associated with NoA and that they are not responsible for any damages done to your stuff.

Mew9

Years
  • upgrading turns it into an Action Replay v.3.3, which is a different flash cart. Since when u upgrade it u also override the old flash cart, it will override the problem on the old flash cart.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Mew9 said:
    Page 21 to be exact. stupid 25 chara rule

I shall pretend that I did not see that post...
    It's time for everyone for once to check our annoucement section regarding ANYONE who violates the 25 character rule. 25 Character rule bypass is no longer allowed (except for possibiliy Trivia) and people who constantly makes this mistake is supposedly punished somehow... So yeah get those dictionary and thesauruses ready, and use longer words to take up more character space. Or best of all, throw down some adjectives which makes you look so much more intelligent at times (and adjectives increase the length of your post as well ^^)

Back on topic:

Instead of "refer to this page," somebody send me a complete and near-perfect copy of how to upgrade your code via PM, and I'll add it in that ancient FAQ of ours. (note: formal format please... so don't use 1337 or anything like that... just pretend that you're writing to your english teacher)

skds1433

Mihopa Adm!n/Designer
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    I shall pretend that I did not see that post...
    It's time for everyone for once to check our annoucement section regarding ANYONE who violates the 25 character rule. 25 Character rule bypass is no longer allowed (except for possibiliy Trivia) and people who constantly makes this mistake is supposedly punished somehow... So yeah get those dictionary and thesauruses ready, and use longer words to take up more character space. Or best of all, throw down some adjectives which makes you look so much more intelligent at times (and adjectives increase the length of your post as well ^^)

Back on topic:

Instead of "refer to this page," somebody send me a complete and near-perfect copy of how to upgrade your code via PM, and I'll add it in that ancient FAQ of ours. (note: formal format please... so don't use 1337 or anything like that... just pretend that you're writing to your english teacher)
    Yeah!!! What he said!!! And he defenatly passes the 25 chara. limit. :P

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • and what you just did is called "spam"... if a post has nothing to add to the topic and if a post can be summed up to just "I agree" then it's also a SPAM... x_x;

I'm going to start a temporate new sticky about our FAQ update... But I definitely want someone to write a decent guide about how to handle the cheating devices so I can add that into the FAQ.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back