• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Come on! Let's take a dive!

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
  • It wouldn't make sense if you COULDN'T Dive. It's one of the many things that make Hoenn, well, Hoenn. And I mean, come on, Diving was such a cool and fun feature of RSE! I would be very disappointed if it got left out. Animation-wise, I think they might work more on detail so it's like you are really underwater. Make lot's of plants, coral, random bubbles here and there, little fishes... Maybe even a Wailord! (It took me FOREVER to get that badge on BW2). And I hope they don't make your Pokemon a big blue blob you sit on -_-'

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It wouldn't make sense if you COULDN'T Dive. It's one of the many things that make Hoenn, well, Hoenn. And I mean, come on, Diving was such a cool and fun feature of RSE! I would be very disappointed if it got left out. Animation-wise, I think they might work more on detail so it's like you are really underwater. Make lot's of plants, coral, random bubbles here and there, little fishes... Maybe even a Wailord! (It took me FOREVER to get that badge on BW2). And I hope they don't make your Pokemon a big blue blob you sit on -_-'

Plants? There are no true plants in the deep sea, only pseudo plants which are actually protists. I wouldn't mind an anemone being added.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Dive is obviously going to be there. Shame it wasn't very useful in the originals since all you could find on the seafloor were Relicanths and Chinchous.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Oooh, a seaweed forest sounds great! Even if they implemented it, it would be probably small, but still cool to see :33

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • And Clamperls. It was also needed to find the shards to trade for the evolution stones.

Problem is that shards were limited... :( But you could steal them from certain wild Pokémon.

Off topic: As someone who started with 1st gen, I really miss being able to simply buy the evo stones. I loved 2nd gen but one of its major shortcomings (sort of fixed in Crystal) was that there wasn't an endless supply of evo stones in the game. Each subsequent generation did something to make them more available, though.

Years
  • Problem is that shards were limited... :( But you could steal them from certain wild Pokémon.

Off topic: As someone who started with 1st gen, I really miss being able to simply buy the evo stones. I loved 2nd gen but one of its major shortcomings (sort of fixed in Crystal) was that there wasn't an endless supply of evo stones in the game. Each subsequent generation did something to make them more available, though.

Yeah they were limited. Also we could steal them? Which ones had them? (wish I had known if so as I looked a lot for them).

I hope they add more items underwater.

Salzorrah

Years
  • Oh, I hope that the shards can be used to buy rarer stones such as the Sun and Moon Stone, Dawn, Dusk, Shiny Stones. And maybe the elemental stones be bought in Lilycove?

Years
  • Oh, I hope that the shards can be used to buy rarer stones such as the Sun and Moon Stone, Dawn, Dusk, Shiny Stones. And maybe the elemental stones be bought in Lilycove?

Each shard color had to do with a certain stone, Red- Fire (FireRed...), Green- Leaf (LeafGreen...ahhh so this is probably why GF called it LeafGreen instead of GrassGreen :3 ), Blue-Water (interestingly trademarked...so it backs up the LeafGreen name theory of mine), and Yellow- Thunder. So perhaps they'll make new ones like Black shard for Dusk, White Shard for Dawn or Shiny. Sun and Moon stones are available in other ways so those are taken care of. Or the battle frontier could sell them. Considering that we may get the Sinnoh evolutions of Hoenn mons I can see them appearing pre-post game though.

I wonder if they'll have any post game underwater zones...

Salzorrah

Years
  • I have to disgress when it comes to the Sun and Moon stones. Iirc, they were pretty rare, with both of them found in one location, or you have to do some Solrock and Lunatone hunting, which kinda defeats the purpose considering that they are version exclusives and let's say I want more Sun Stones in AS, but Solrock is in OR, and vice versa.

And on the post game underwater zones, I'm guessing there would be since there are a lot of dive spots, it is still possible to get new areas to explore underwater, just locked.

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
  • I loved Dive so much, the song and such was amazing, and so many ways to explore using dive, where diving somewhere rising somewhere else reaching new parts, man it was awesome. Anything is welcome as long as its not a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT AND WASTE OF TIME like it was in BW. Man that was the biggest facepalm ever.

I;m looking forward seeing the seaweeds move, the map being in 3D, and your movements making bubbles rise. Epic. I hope an even larger underwater map appears xD

Salzorrah

Years
  • Yeah, I wasn't really disappointed in RSE, but the underwater then looked bland, even if it was innovative at that time. I do hope they add a bunch of decorative items in underwater.

Salzorrah

Years
  • Actually, that is not a bad idea. But how will you explain the water in your base? You can just keep the water out or something, considering the base seems to be open without any door or something.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • We should have a treasure hunt minigame, in which you can win Mega Stones and Shards and other rare items. It would also be nice to have full movement underwater(diagonal movement.) so that we could really explore. It'd also be nice to have a "Water Safari Zone" where they have Pokémon native to the Underwater area and possibly have Water Starters? The same could go for Lavaridge and Fortree, I guess.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Actually, that is not a bad idea. But how will you explain the water in your base? You can just keep the water out or something, considering the base seems to be open without any door or something.

They said that it only needs to be accessible by water, it could be like Sootopolis or the team base where you had to dive, but the base/city itself was above water. I think that would be a nice idea, like having your own little island, but I'm not sure how likely it is.

Years
  • What if we have some new secret bases that you can only access by going underwater ?
    I would love that. As I said the last time it was brought up perhaps there could be a small underwater opening, that works like a mini version of the Sootopolis and Trench cavern entrances. With a pond in the center of the cavern and a large sandy area in the rest. It could even be a open air base (meaning at night it'll turn completely dark unless one has lighting).

Back