• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community trading: Hacked Pokémon user reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2008
    Please guys. It was honestly a mistake. I really did'nt know. Maybe i could make it up to R.A.M. with an item or something. I'm chaining a Starly right now, so if I catch a shiny one it's for R.A.M. I really didn'nt know

well the least you could do is trade back the pokemon you got from R.A.M while he gives you that ditto back.

SUPERKALEL

SUPERHERO
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Just a little info for everyone about hacks, while on another board, I read that there are action replay codes, for ALL EGGS HATCHED WILL BE SHINY, the pokemon will be shiny, will be egg hatched, will have a proper id and everything, any pokemon besides LEGEND OR EVENT could be a hack, how could you tell?

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2008
    Just a little info for everyone about hacks, while on another board, I read that there are action replay codes, for ALL EGGS HATCHED WILL BE SHINY, the pokemon will be shiny, will be egg hatched, will have a proper id and everything, any pokemon besides LEGEND OR EVENT could be a hack, how could you tell?

you can't. yes i'm well aware of perfectly legit looking hacks. its scary but true. We just have to do the best we can trying to avoid obvious looking hacks. thats all we can do really. otherwise its quite possible that already the majority of the shinies being traded on these forums are hacked. we will never know.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021

shhh, dont tell nobody that!

but seriously, this just helps identify the blatant hackers, and there may never be a way to tell some if that's the case (although if someone comes up with 40 fresh hatched shinies i think there would be reasonable cause for suspicion)

Ryu Hoshi

Traveling fighter for hire
    Years

well lets be real.I think we all know that anyone that has alot of shines has atleast 1 hack among em.we even question are own shines.there are tons of kids that come and trade and dont even care if its hacked.but then trade it an claim its legit.we'd probally be able to find a way to tell if there werent so many distractions like people with obvious fakes,then explaining to them there fakes,then catching them in there own lies,then there are the scammers,shoot i'd petition for people to have a certin number of posts before there even are allowed to post in the trade fourm.not that it would fix everything.but atleast it would help somewhat to discover what peoples real intentions are

SUPERKALEL

SUPERHERO
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    buyer beware, and know who you trade with, and even then, we will all get a lemon now and then, I guess its all part of thr trading game, no way can I say 100 % that everything I have recieved in trade is legit, some of them are obvious hacks, but as for the rest ,we may never know,.... me I feel funny about a new poster with loads of shinys

wolfie1177

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    yashiro, i admire that idea about the certain amnt of posts before getting into the trade forum or battle forum. i think they have a ruling like that in nintendo forums

but anyway, this isnt a debate topic, it's a reporting topic, so let's just keep it on topic from now on

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    for the record, you can use e4 glitch darkrai on pbr, i have mine on there right now and it's just fine. maybe check the legitimacy of your darkrai

and ii suppose you could be right about the OT tumbly pokemon as far as it being inconclusive, however all of the mystery surrounding OT tumbly pokemon is based on non-solid evidence. apparently someone came on and was giving away pokemon for a while with OT tumby, and that is where the suspicion comes from. so for all we know, it could have just been someone who cloned a bunch and was generous.

but yeah, i'd say that as of right now, OT tumbly pokemon are still out for consideration, so it's just a matter of whether you choose to believe they are hacked or legit

Kateena (the person that was giving them out) claimed to have cloned them using the Emerald Cloning Glitch. As far as I can tell, there's no reason for suspecting anything, as that's completely possible (well, except for the Mew, maybe) and the Pokemon themselves have normal stats and normal catching conditions. She was also giving out non-shiny Legendaries at the same time, so I doubt there was anything illegitimate going on there...

Yeah, just double-checked...the Mew is probably hacked (caught in a Premier Ball, of all things), but the other stuff is fine.

Last edited:

wolfie1177

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Kateena (the person that was giving them out) claimed to have cloned them using the Emerald Cloning Glitch. As far as I can tell, there's no reason for suspect anything, as that's completely possible (well, except for the Mew, maybe) and the Pokemon themselves have normal stats and normal catching conditions. She was also giving out non-shiny Legendaries at the same time, so I doubt there was anything illegitimate going on there...

good, i take your word for that, you are somewhat of an expert as i see it. in that case, as far as i am concerned, the OT tumbly situation has been put to rest.

if anyone still doesnt want to accept them, thats a choice of your own, but i will not report anyone who trades anything with OT tumbly

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2008
    darn. hey does anyone know if you can use the elite four glitch darkrai in battle revolution's wifi battle? I used my new movie exclusive darkrai in it but my elite four darkrai can't.

this i find surprising since i got this darkrai from twlightblade who assumingly doesn't trade hacks. my elite four darkrai is japanese. but it has the OT name "Cartman". what does this mean? Can you even have an english name that long in the japanese versions of diamond and pearl.

worse still before i found out about my elite four glitch darkrai not being able to be used on battle revolution, i traded it to somebody here for shinies.

can somone tell me if my elite four glitch darkai is legit or not?

jakex

poketopia king
    Years
    oops

i am new i didnt know we couln't trade hacks, please dont put me on list because i have asked 10 people to trade my hacked pokemon, please dont say i am a scammer

wolfie1177

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    sachiel: it is NOT possible to have an engish name over 5 characters in the japanese version, so yeah, twilight traded you a hacked one apparently. so much for being a hack expert... >.>

jakex: you give me a funny feeling. there is no mention of abdul here except for his name on the scammer list, so how on earth did you know about him already?

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2008
    sachiel: it is NOT possible to have an engish name over 5 characters in the japanese version, so yeah, twilight traded you a hacked one apparently. so much for being a hack expert... >.>

yeah its a shame really. As for the movie darkrais in general that are being traded around here, there is a high chance that most are hacked. the one i recently got is Bold nature and on gamefaqs is described as one of the wondercard darkrais. kind of stinks. but i suppose its still too early to tell who's trading fakes and who's not.

and hence this is the apparent weakness of this thread right now. even well respected traders are now trading possibly hacked darkrais. we don't really know....

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    yeah its a shame really. As for the movie darkrais in general that are being traded around here, there is a high chance that most are hacked. the one i recently got is Bold nature and on gamefaqs is described as one of the wondercard darkrais. kind of stinks. but i suppose its still too early to tell who's trading fakes and who's not.

and hence this is the apparent weakness of this thread right now. even well respected traders are now trading possibly hacked darkrais. we don't really know....

All you need to do is check for the special ribbon that the real movie Darkrais have, that item can't be hacked

Gyoka

Metamaster - Lvl 1 Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I've been checking through all the shinies I traded for and I realized that i ahve a few with OT: DARTZ and all of them have a date of Oct. 11, 2007, which didn't even pass yet. Just thought I'd run it by you.

wolfie1177

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    I've been checking through all the shinies I traded for and I realized that i ahve a few with OT: DARTZ and all of them have a date of Oct. 11, 2007, which didn't even pass yet. Just thought I'd run it by you.

that could very easily just eb that someone set their date waaaay ahead or something (drifloon?). but i'd say contact the person who traded them to you, and then go from there

Gyoka

Metamaster - Lvl 1 Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    that could very easily just eb that someone set their date waaaay ahead or something (drifloon?). but i'd say contact the person who traded them to you, and then go from there
    Yeah I thought that may be possible. I'll look into into.

Years

I saw that, too, but on other sites I'm seeing that that Bold Darkrai is also one of the few legit ones, and wondercards are copying off of the legit Bold one(s). So it seems no one is entirely sure yet.

Edit: I've also gotten a couple where the DS dates don't match up. One good reason is that if you migrated a set already, and didn't want to wait another day to migrate more, you can change the date.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    nvm....................................................................................

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back