• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Platinum Findings

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    Looks good, I already knew about this some days ago.

Skarmory iron defence! Could do with a boosting :P

Staraptor heat wave! wow, no more walled by steels, maybe

Porygonz trick! Wanna trade specs bliss? =P

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Well I would learn Heat wave too to survive evrything is colder also it isn't fire it's just heat in a wave form there is no fire in it's animation so the firction+wing idea kinda makes sense.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It's almost as ridiculous as Ninetails creating an Ominous Wind o_O. Let's flap our tails to create wind...but..do it ominously?

Ninetales has always been the closest thing to a Ghost/Fire type pokemon so I think it fit s her.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I still think Crobat + Heat Wave is entirely stupid.

The little kids it scares at night scream with such intensity it gets mad, causing a wave of heat to emit from the mouth... burning the little childr-- I mean... oh yeah, of course. |D Seriously dude, it's Pocket Monsters, don't try to make logic out of it. Manatric (spelling <<) had Overheat, no-one really complained with that as far as I know.

Seriously, by far Bullet Punch Scizor. :F And Outraging Salamence and Ice Punch Lucario say hi! o/ This will bring some much needed competitive creativity to the forefront. =D

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Stupid Salamence shouldn't have Ominous Wind either.
    Or Togekiss, what the heck is Ominous about a giant lovable fatball?

But I agree, this makes battling more fun!

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    The little kids it scares at night scream with such intensity it gets mad, causing a wave of heat to emit from the mouth... burning the little childr-- I mean... oh yeah, of course. |D Seriously dude, it's Pocket Monsters, don't try to make logic out of it. Manatric (spelling <<) had Overheat, no-one really complained with that as far as I know.

Seriously, by far Bullet Punch Scizor. :F And Outraging Salamence and Ice Punch Lucario say hi! o/ This will bring some much needed competitive creativity to the forefront. =D

Dont forget Zapdos with Heatwave that is just too nice.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Stupid Salamence shouldn't have Ominous Wind either.
    Or Togekiss, what the heck is Ominous about a giant lovable fatball?

What's the point in complaining or making sense out of Pocket Monsters? XD I mean c'mon AJ, it's not that big of a deal. And Togekiss has a dark side, a very very dark side. ...hohoho, hax.

Tutors do what? Teach the abilities they have mastered and transfer it to a Pocket Monster. You wouldn't know 2+2 if your teacher didn't teach you, so why can't an imaginary creature learn? That's how I think of it. Although some are level up, so you could imagine that in other ways, use your imagination. XD Frankly, I find it all funny, it's not like a "HAHA SO STUPID IT'S FUNNY" I just like seeing some cool moves on some different Pocket Monsters. They're mixing things up a bit, and I really like that.

Dont forget Zapdos with Heatwave that is just too nice.
    Moltres and Zapdos were at the bar one night?

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Moltres and Zapdos were at the bar one night?

If I only knew how to put quotes in my sig lol but serouisly why can't zapdos have heat wave electricty can make heat if it turn into fire .

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    wait....that list can't be complete, can it? o.o

I was certain I'd be able to teach Thunderpunch to my Metagross without breeding for one in Emerald....

Though Outraging Snorlax will be awesome to see. XDD

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    If I only knew how to put quotes in my sig lol but serouisly why can't zapdos have heat wave electricty can make heat if it turn into fire .

Actually, that's a fantastic point, I never thought of it that way. Electricity can create fire, so why not? Haha. Well said, Kittyipawd.

Anywho, on competitive discussion. I really like these changes, it might change some tier status, but it'll definitely change some things, how we play what etc. Puts more of an emphasis on predicting correctly just like this metagame has changed to, instead of the simple "counter" anymore. Bye bye 100% Lucario counter. XD I can't wait to play this metagame with all these changes.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I k ow, I dont think it is complete because Muk didnt get the punches either and Persian usually gets swift.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Speaking of the Metagame.
    I believe with the introduction of Magnet Rise on Luxray, it will be put into BL.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Platinum should definitely shake some things up Metagame-wise....I think it'll be very interesting.

Togekiss has shadow ball already, so I'd say it's pretty ominous =O

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back