• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Platinum Findings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Speaking of the Metagame.
    I believe with the introduction of Magnet Rise on Luxray, it will be put into BL.

I agree, this time around they really took risks dont you think. Elctivire should get this too then.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I always liked Luxray, he was on my original in-game team....I think he could be effective enough to be BL

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Even with Magnet rise it has to out speed the EQer, its not really fast enough for it in my opinion

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Magnet Rise Luxray is not that good.

You all should be happy it got Superpower. But Magnet Rise isn't going to do much for him, specially with that subpar Speed stat.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Mence gets outrage....and already has DD. Could be a contender to take chomps spot at the top of OU....

It may compete with Lucario for top OU. (As Gengar takes a huge hit with all these additions, 60% Hypnosis, Bullet Punch Scizor, etc) Although I don't think any of this whole"MENCE WILL BE UBER, JUST LIKE CHOMP" That's just a load of bs, frankly. :/ Yes, it's deadly indeed, but it doesn't have luck (sand veil) is somewhat dampered by Stealth Rock, not the same level as Chomp, but can definitely be the next top OU.

Overall, Gengar's hit will mean Mence vs. Luke for top OU. Now that Lucario takes care of Gliscor, yet suffers from moveslot syndrome. :(

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I still don't find them that threatening, I highly doubt many Salamence users are going to switch to a Yache Berry set like Chomp had. Salamence doesn't have Chomp's defenses, so if you ice beam chomp with a non-stab attacker he doesn't OHKO, where as Salamence does because of his lame defenses.

But yes, with the addition of Outrage I believe he'll now take his reign back as the top dragon contendah.

Everyone still counts the 3 birds in the same tiers as they were?

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Moltres and Articuno are just as useless as they've always been.
    And Zapdos isn't going to go any higher than OU, so yes.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I still don't find them that threatening, I highly doubt many Salamence users are going to switch to a Yache Berry set like Chomp had. Salamence doesn't have Chomp's defenses, so if you ice beam chomp with a non-stab attacker he doesn't OHKO, where as Salamence does because of his lame defenses.

But yes, with the addition of Outrage I believe he'll now take his reign back as the top dragon contendah.

Everyone still counts the 3 birds in the same tiers as they were?

Zapdos now takes care of those pesky physical walls....skarm, forrey, bronzong. Also deals metagross a blow. Idk, my bet is you start to see more of them.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Anyone notice that at level 75, Darkrai now learns NASTY PLOT

Darkrai's Speed + Dark Void + Nasty Plot = Alotta dead Ubers.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Moltres and Articuno are just as useless as they've always been.
    And Zapdos isn't going to go any higher than OU, so yes.

AJ have you ever faced that thing it has made and breaked games for me it is just too good of a sp.def wall

Zapdos has too many things going for it Roost , Baton pass , Agilty .... now it can get rid of steel's that is just too good

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Anyone notice that at level 75, Darkrai now learns NASTY PLOT

Darkrai's Speed + Dark Void + Nasty Plot = Alotta dead Ubers.

It's already in uber anyways, but chances are there won't be a super uber tier. :/

And Salamence with Outrage will seriously kill. I think it has the possibility of being moved up the tier list.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    The funny thing is, some people were actually considering moving it to OU. (Sounds a bit crazy, I know, but hey) Nasty Plot just locks up that chance for good. ^__^

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Who in their right mind would suggest Darkrai for OU?

The new Darkrai would make a great starter in Ubers matches!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back