• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Platinum Findings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    A lot of these Pokemon are getting the strangest moves I've ever seen.

True that....so many are incredibly random.

Bastiodon = outrage?

And nosepass got the elemental punches.....it doesn't even have fists.....

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I could possibly see Clefable jumping up to BL. O_O

Victreebel @ Choice Band
    Chlorophyll
    Jolly / Naive Nature
    6 HP / 252 ATK / 252 Speed

Leaf Blade
    Gunk Shot
    Sucker Punch
    Sleep Powder / Leaf Storm

Victreebel being useful again brings a tear of joy to my eye. SDBel is viable as well.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Woah! Mass amount of information! Well done!
    Carry on with the good work!

If you all have to do is copy and paste old info, then KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

I think this should either be updated or locked, as not all the moves are here that are now known, and is simply a copy and paste from Smogon...

~T_S

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Bibarel@Liechi Berry
    Adamant
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Simple

Curse
    Substitute/Quick Attack
    Waterfall
    Return/Quick Attack/Rest

Mai Curserel, brings all the Swampert to the yard, 'n 'der liek, you wanna curse off?

Switch in on something that doesn't like standard Bibarel and Sub. Curse behind Sub or continue to sub until Liechi kicks in. After Curse+Liechi, Bibarel has +4 Atk, +2 Def, -2 Spe.

@Flamehaze: Alakazam gets Encore. Does Gengar get Encore? I think NOT!

~T_S

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    You are ALL wrong. Gastro Acid Vileplume will literally RUIN the metagame.

Vileplume@Black Sludge
    Nature:Calm
    Gastro Acid
    Stun Spore/Leech Seed
    Sludge Bomb/Grass Knot/HP Ground

I could really see this effing up some Levitators. So many pokes rely on their abilities. Metagross eats an Intimidate from a Gya switch in. Assuming, of course, it doesn't switch.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    You wanna know something sims? When I battled in the Battle Factory today on Platinum, I was in the Lv 50 category and in the very first round. (For those who don't know, that's the weak pokemon round)

I had 6 pokemon choices:

Wartortle
    Fearow
    Gabite
    Dragonair
    Haunter

and....VILEPLUME! >=)

~T_S

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Oh, did I mention in the Battle Stage, Vileplume appears BEFORE Victreebel? Seems to me gamefreak finally wized up as to who was the better grass line.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    lol Sims, T_S, your argument is awesome, and dang it...I can't fave comments. I'm out of room thanks to Devi's Garchomp counter analysis and Nameless's confusion.

The Platinum upgrades are going to be a lot of fun to toy with. I'm waiting for the American version if I even get it though...speaking of which, when will that be, if anyone knows?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Well since all the info isnt compiled onto one place i figure it would be best to use T_S's thread instead of this one for that reason. Thus making it easier for people to find since its all in one place and not having to go through a few pages =p.
    ~Thread Closed~

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back