• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I don't like what they did with Ilex forest. The shadowing doesn't look as good as it did in Eterna forest during D/P/Pt.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I don't like what they did with Ilex forest. The shadowing doesn't look as good as it did in Eterna forest during D/P/Pt.
    you really can't judge graphics since we've seen barely anything in the clearest quality.

everything has grain and smudges on it at this point, except for the few high quality pics on the hgss site.

Ooka

Years
    You must not quite understand me. :P

Complaints thread

Complaints thread

Eterna forest looks much more realistic as far as the shadows go.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    You must not quite understand me. :P

Complaints thread

Complaints thread

Eterna forest looks much more realistic as far as the shadows go.

Because in the Ilex forest, those aren't tree shadows but instead patches of light grass on dark grass.
    You can tell because if they were shadows, the character's sprite and the trees under the shadow should be darkened a bit.

That's also an old picture, and they have made some graphical changes since then so you really never know what it'll be like until you have the game in your hands.

Ooka

Years
    And I realized that after I posted the image, however, my complaint still stands that I don't like the look of Ilex forest compared to Eterna. :/

fishyfool

Bitter old fart.
    Years
    My major complaing about HGSS isn't the fact it's a blatant con that's basically DPPt in a different region with nostalgia in its roots. It's the fact that the games already are attempting to match the Mystery Dungeon series with how many legends it bcan cram into it. Yes, we've got Lugia and Ho-oh, as well as the gerbils, but now we've also go Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, the pigeons being confirmed as well as a Jirachi event and one with the 12th movie Arse Yes giving access to either of the 4th gen wyrms. That's already pretty stupidly high, and if anything, half the bastards are gonna be runners, if the birds will be anything to go by.

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    My major complaing about HGSS isn't the fact it's a blatant con that's basically DPPt in a different region with nostalgia in its roots. It's the fact that the games already are attempting to match the Mystery Dungeon series with how many legends it bcan cram into it. Yes, we've got Lugia and Ho-oh, as well as the gerbils, but now we've also go Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, the pigeons being confirmed as well as a Jirachi event and one with the 12th movie Arse Yes giving access to either of the 4th gen wyrms. That's already pretty stupidly high, and if anything, half the bastards are gonna be runners, if the birds will be anything to go by.

Wow you pretty much just said the game sucks because you love DPPT, even though 50% of pokemon masters (People who like pokemon) dont really like DPPT as much as the others. Personally the fact that they crammed so many Legendarys in is a good thing, it means you dont have to go out buy RSE and FRLG just to get stuff that you dont really NEED.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014

"Bitter old fart." fits you well :laugh:

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Plotwise, games got pretty stupid after the original Gold and Silver.
    Plots and new Pokemon revolving around super powered legendary pokemon gods and other dimensions.
    Platinum's good and all but...Oldschool has always been better.

Also, some people should stop complaining about the pictures of HG/SS Areas not looking good.
    You have to take into consideration that a lot of these pre-release pics are of areas still in development.
    From the time you see the picture to the time the game is released, the areas could look ten times better so basically what I'm trying to say is:

Don't judge a book by it's cover.
    We cannot truly judge how good or bad these games are until they are released and fully played.
    There's no point in arguing over silly things such as graphic we see in pre-release pics as they could be well improved on by the time the games are release.
    Thing is, people's minds are always set on one thing or another, we all have preferences, but we should appreciate the work put into these games and stop complaining over minor things until we actually play through the games ourselves.

Am I right? Or am I wrong? It's all a matter of preference and opinion, really.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Well to be honest I have no problems with the wonderful HGSS....
    Except one small thing.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2010
    Before valid complaints: 4/10/10? Are you serious? This has always been one of those things that's driven me crazy when it comes to video games. There's an enormous gap in between the initial Japanese release date and the English release dates. D: I know, I know. They're translating, but couldn't they have translated the text and implemented it as a 'choose your language' feature so that the games would be released in the same year?

Irrational complaint of impatience is irrational.

I'm actually not happy about the availability of Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina, or the immense number of legendaries. One of the things that's started getting on my nerves is the overwhelming amount of legendary pokemon to begin with. They're not so magnificent if there are over twenty of them. They become more of an annoyance and a gimmick. That's more of an over-all complaint versus one about HG / SS, but my point still stands. I'd like to see more focus on evolving pokemon who have much need for a stats upgrade.

I'm secretly hoping for the return of original pokemon greatness. I miss being able to pound the daylights out of someone with a well-trained Raticate or Rhydon. A large number of the original pokemon have fallen into obscurity. It's almost pathetically sad. I'll be immesnely disappointed if HG / SS just becomes a 4th Gen love-fest with a Johto face slapped onto it. I'd like to see Johto and Kanto dominate the roster in terms of statistics. Maybe I'm just finicky and outraged that a large sum of pokemon from the original generations are tossed into obscurity. >> -cough- Don't get me wrong. Some of the 3rd and 4th Gen pokemon are fantastic, but the fact that they've been dominating everything is a complete irriant and I'd rather they not be involved at all in a game so thoroughly geared towards the 1st and 2nd Gens.

I'm actually stoked for the Pokewalker and for the Companion Pokemon. I loved that about Yellow and was hoping they'd eventually permit us the ability to walk our pokemon around behind us. Other than a Pikachu.

I'm all for the mini-games in the hand-held games, but it'd be fantastic if there were a way to connect to the big screen TV like you could with the original games and Pokemon Stadium. 8D; I kind of wish they'd develop an expansion pack for DS games and release a Pokemon Stadium game so that we can play our games on the tube. I like having a nice big screen.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Well to be honest I have no problems with the wonderful HGSS....
    Except one small thing.
    Spoiler:
    It's definitely not a must to use. You can throw it away or sell it on Ebay for people who lost it or whatever.

humanking

Old School Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    partner pokemon

why is the partner pokemon the first one on the list. I want my pidgey to follow me but not always to go to fight first!

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    why is the partner pokemon the first one on the list. I want my pidgey to follow me but not always to go to fight first!

i was actually thinking that it would be a nice feature to be able to choose which pokemon goes out first in a battle

humanking

Old School Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    yeah every battle they show you your roster and you choose who you send, i'd love that

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeah, it's kind of a bummer that the following Pokemon has to be whichever is first in the party, but oh well. :/ At least they have the ability you, instead of nothing at all.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I agree. I'd rather have my Pigeot out than my Feraligatr, simply because I think Pigeot looks cooler. But I guess it's alright.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Sounds like a complaint... *merges with Complaints thread*

It is a little bit iffy at times I suppose if you prefer one over the other, but it doesn't really bother me too much.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    My complaint is that you can't disable the following feature. It gets really annoying sometimes and I'd rather just have my trainer by herself.

Oh and I'm also sad that Kris, Blue, and the Sevii Islands aren't in this game, plus that several areas remain inaccessible, including the majority of Cinnibar, Lavender Radio Tower, etc. But for the most part the game is really good.

Back