• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    I have no complaints about this game, save for the fact that I was disappointed that there were no contests...

But there was a feature where you can go and take pictures of your Pokemon with accessories on, which is fine by me! :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    The levels in Johto are STILL too low. I really hope that Route 37 doesn't have Lv14 weakass Pokemon (yes, the levels were THAT low in G/S/C).

Akiyo

Send my love.
    Years
    I don't like what they did with Ilex forest. The shadowing doesn't look as good as it did in Eterna forest during D/P/Pt.

Complaints thread

"We used to be lucky if we only got three shades of grey, let alone any real colors!"

Cranky's wisdom can be semi-applied here. We didn't complain about the graphics back in the days of Pokemon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow, why should we now?

Also, I know whatever issues whatever people had with this were resolved. However, your post was the nearest graphic related complaint that I could find. Sorry. ^^

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Complaints thread

"We used to be lucky if we only got three shades of grey, let alone any real colors!"

Cranky's wisdom can be semi-applied here.

My Complaint is why isnt Cranky in the game? XD jk
    I dont really think theres actually too much to complain about except for the leveling, If you can provide reasonable basis as to why you dont like one thing then I'd see what your saying other wise I'll just see you as a troll.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Thus far I have no complaints at all.. I love the music, and and and.. everything else, as well. xD; Save for the fact that I went a full hour without saving, then the game froze and I lost it all. >_> But that's the ROM, not the game itself. Soo yeah.. Loving it so far.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2009
    From having just read up on the game and not having played it, I'm a little miffed that the Radio stations haven't been expanded, and that the Frontier is a carbon copy, right down to the Brains that run them, but those are minor things.

It's a bit of a kick in the teeth for all those who were dying for Platinum just to be told that HGSS does almost everything that Plat did, and more.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    From having just read up on the game and not having played it, I'm a little miffed that the Radio stations haven't been expanded, and that the Frontier is a carbon copy, right down to the Brains that run them, but those are minor things.

It's a bit of a kick in the teeth for all those who were dying for Platinum just to be told that HGSS does almost everything that Plat did, and more.

Most likely, the Frontier was only the same because it needed to be able to hook up with Platinum version.

Actually, I don't mind that at all, because I haven't even gotten that far in Platinum, lol.

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Also, I wish Red was facing forward on top of Mount Silver instead of his back towards you, but I think they made a good decision. It's cooler that way. <3

I'm pretty sure they did that as a sort of He was expecting you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2009
    Complaint: Red has no "VS Sprite." *sad face* Oh well. XD He's too COOL for one anyway. (He's cute enough as it is. <3333's. *Fangirls* Lance looks awesome as well.)

These aren't "real" complaints. It's just now I can't stop drawing Lance. He's sooooooooooooooooo cute! <3 He looks like a prince. XD <3

Also, I wish Red was facing forward on top of Mount Silver instead of his back towards you, but I think they made a good decision. It's cooler that way. <3

Easy now, don't FanAneurysm too hard.

Besides, Champion Lance is smalltime. It's all about that Rocket Admin Lance.
    Complaints thread

God damn.

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
    Years
    Lets see. As I've played the rom of heart gold, here are the things that should have been changed. Some of the battle area elements for some areas like sprout tower and ilex forest have rocky elements, when they are indeed not in a cave but on grass and in a tower, and that bothers me a bit. Another thing is the overcrowding of legendaries. I mean come on, why would we need the 3 legendary birds in a another 4th gen game when they are in platinum? This makes platinum non canon now because of the birds and even groudon and kaiogre? Those should've stayed in hoenn, where they belong. The next thing that bothers me is the new mt silver layout. It was fine as it is, even if it was a bit short. Why did they have to change it to a mt. coronet feeling? Other than that, the only other thing that bothers me is the anti piracy precaution they took. When you play the game, it freezes after 45 minutes with patching, otherwise, it would freeze every 10 minutes. This aggravates me as I cant play the game and get into my "zone" of when I spend hours of nonstop playing without resetting it. That's basically everything that bothers me. Nintendo did a fine ass job on this. Aside from what I mentioned, the game is great.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2009
    Um, the appearence of them outside of their initial generation doesn't make it a Retcon, all it does is establish that they're not tied to a region (which they shouldn't be, since they're DEITIES).

As for the players being able to catch them; well that's never been canon, but we're all able to have a willing suspension of disbelief so we can actually use them in multiplayer. That's not so much a complaint of HGSS as a nitpick at the series mechanics as a whole - and at this point where there have been what, 15 main series games? - is something of a moot point.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Lets see. As I've played the rom of heart gold, here are the things that should have been changed. Some of the battle area elements for some areas like sprout tower and ilex forest have rocky elements, when they are indeed not in a cave but on grass and in a tower, and that bothers me a bit. Another thing is the overcrowding of legendaries. I mean come on, why would we need the 3 legendary birds in a another 4th gen game when they are in platinum? This makes platinum non canon now because of the birds and even groudon and kaiogre? Those should've stayed in hoenn, where they belong. The next thing that bothers me is the new mt silver layout. It was fine as it is, even if it was a bit short. Why did they have to change it to a mt. coronet feeling? Other than that, the only other thing that bothers me is the anti piracy precaution they took. When you play the game, it freezes after 45 minutes with patching, otherwise, it would freeze every 10 minutes. This aggravates me as I cant play the game and get into my "zone" of when I spend hours of nonstop playing without resetting it. That's basically everything that bothers me. Nintendo did a fine ass job on this. Aside from what I mentioned, the game is great.

Teaches you for pirating HG/SS.
    It's perfectly understandable for nintendo to want to do this. After all, they lose money when people pirate games.
    Meh. It's a livable thing. I don't really mind. It only takes ten seconds to reload the emulator, anyway.

My only real complaint is that Goldenrod City's music is a bit too... Upbeat.
    It sounds like it came out of Paper Mario, not Pokémon, if you catch my drift.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    The levels were not raised (as far as I am at least) and that makes me a bit angry.

I can't name my rival "Silver". I understand that it's the Japanese game and the names aren't all that long in Japan, but I was disapointed with my rival "Silve".

And toni, I have no problems with freezing. I know about the problem so I save often just in case, but nothing's happened yet. Maybe you just need a different patch.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years

Welllp, guess that's whatcha get for pirating games, LOL!

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    It's perfectly understandable for nintendo to want to do this. After all, they lose money when people pirate games.

Actually Nintendo loses no money when we pirate, its the Stores that buy it from the Publishers that lose money.

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
    Years
    I didn't pirate it. Hell, I cant do any of that stuff.:| I'm still planning to buy both english and japanese versions of it too, because playing a ds game on the computer feels weird. Someone'll probably make a complete fix for the anti piracy precaution soon though.

ROFLMAO

DragonMaster<3
    Years
    I have a complaint. Whenever i walk through doors or get sent somewhere the game freezes. OR whenever a battle ends. i know its just the rom but idk what to do

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    Meh. It's a livable thing. I don't really mind. It only takes ten seconds to reload the emulator, anyway.

My only real complaint is that Goldenrod City's music is a bit too... Upbeat.
    It sounds like it came out of Paper Mario, not Pokémon, if you catch my drift.
    Ten seconds to reload the emulator....if you get that lucky. When my emulator crashes, it goes down hard and my laptop goes down with it (its just overheating I guess, does it with any DS game)

There are NO real complaints from me so far, because all my grievances are ROM-related, not the game itself.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Same as Iwuzere, the rom stuffs up but other than that its a great game and the did well recreating it.

Back