• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Possibly the rock is found in the area unlocked by the Jirachi.
    Anyway I didn't have a problem with the game except it was all Japanese (which will change in time).

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    Akiyo is spot on. I see certain Pokemon as certain genders. I see Groudon as Male and Kyogre as Female. I see Ninetails as Female and Arcanine as Male. Its annoying I know but I don't feel happy with a team unless I think the genders suit the Pokemon.

Stereotype, much? I LOVE having a Pokemon of a gender that seems to be "inappropriate" (I use this term loosely). For example, I had a male Gardevoir in RSE and a female Gyarados in DPPt.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2020
    Akiyo is spot on. I see certain Pokemon as certain genders. I see Groudon as Male and Kyogre as Female. I see Ninetails as Female and Arcanine as Male. Its annoying I know but I don't feel happy with a team unless I think the genders suit the Pokemon.

no Groudon and Kyogre are nothing to me cuz duh their are forces of natures there no point on them having a gender dammit their freaking legendary

Years
    Possibly the rock is found in the area unlocked by the Jirachi.
    Anyway I didn't have a problem with the game except it was all Japanese (which will change in time).
    I don't think so because Jirachi only unlocks an area within the Pokewalker.
    So it's all up to speculation.

no Groudon and Kyogre are nothing to me cuz duh their are forces of natures there no point on them having a gender dammit their freaking legendary
    Well, should it matter about genders? i mean that really has nothin to do with the game mechanic other than breeding, which in this game can be pretty hectic if you don't go and collect your eggs. ><

personally, i don't like the fact that the lugia etc has to go inside the pokeball when you're in a building.

Poliwhirled

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    My only real complaint is to the players of the game.
    If you don't like it...don't play it? No one's forcing you to play HG/SS and no one really wants to hear you bicker about all the "design rape" or "music rape" that you hate about the game as you play it.

Years
    My only real complaint is to the players of the game.
    If you don't like it...don't play it? No one's forcing you to play HG/SS and no one really wants to hear you bicker about all the "design rape" or "music rape" that you hate about the game as you play it.
    and I fully agree with this as well.... personally I find it depressing that we have to have a thread to complain about the game. At least they made an effort, then all of you people go and bag it out because there's little quirks that you don't like... would you be able to do a better job?

Sorry, sound like I'm trolling & flaming (this is basically a thread for it), it's just that this place hasn't really become all that civil any more. At least try to provide justification for why you don't like it? Instead of saying it and be all ignorant about technical problems they may have had in developing the game?

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    If you don't like it...don't play it?
    That argument gets stupider every time I hear it. Has it ever crossed your mind that people like some aspects of the game, but not others? Maybe they wish that they could go to their favorite town again without hearing the music replaced with elevator music? Maybe they liked the idea of battling Red again, but didn't like it being interrupted with mandatory hail?

If people didn't like the game, they wouldn't be criticizing aspects that ruin an otherwise-perfect experience. In case you didn't know, "complaining" is a voicing of your opinion, which sometimes is picked up by people in charge and fixed.

If people didn't complain about an underleveled GSC, Falkner's Pigeoto would still be level 9. If people didn't complain about RBY's bagging system, you'd still be constantly running back and forth to the PC to deposit/withdraw items. If people didn't complain about music, Lavender town's music would still make people sick to their stomach.

Poliwhirled

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    That argument gets stupider every time I hear it. Has it ever crossed your mind that people like some aspects of the game, but not others? Maybe they wish that they could go to their favorite town again without hearing the music replaced with elevator music? Maybe they liked the idea of battling Red again, but didn't like it being interrupted with mandatory hail?

If people didn't like the game, they wouldn't be criticizing aspects that ruin an otherwise-perfect experience. In case you didn't know, "complaining" is a voicing of your opinion, which sometimes is picked up by people in charge and fixed.

If people didn't complain about an underleveled GSC, Falkner's Pigeoto would still be level 9. If people didn't complain about RBY's bagging system, you'd still be constantly running back and forth to the PC to deposit/withdraw items. If people didn't complain about music, Lavender town's music would still make people sick to their stomach.

tl;dr I'm talking about the people who complain about the entire game not being how they want it to be (<insert game aspect> rape, is what they call it), continually bash gamefreak for "failing" at remakes and "ruining" the originals, then play it anyway while forcing their opinions down others' throats.

I don't care about the people who don't like 1 or 2 things but like another 1 or 2 things. Hell I'm that way as well. I dislike some things but I enjoy the rest.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Let's see:
    This will be fun...
    Kris is replaced by a dumb dirl with a dumber outfit
    Kris was not replaced as she was never in the games. While she could have returned this girl is much more suited for Johto.
    The Battle frontier is 100% the same as in Platinum
    That should be really a good thing. Makes the frontier less 3rd Version exclusive. Also people still forget the recorder which records brain battles. Its all compatibility in this case and its fine.
    Goldenrods music sucks
    Eh its all preference.
    Jasmines gym is still boring and pointless without trainers or puzzles
    Because we really need that when we have to climb a whole freaking lighthouse beating almost all the trainers in there, surfing to another town to get the needed item in one of the most annoying water routes in Johto, beat a gym leader in the process, climb the lighthouse and cure her Pokemon.
    There is absolutely no way to turn the follow feature off
    I love how ironic it is that everyone hates this when it was the most wanted feature.
    Kanto is still boring
    When its restored with some updated areas...
    And where the heck is the white rock in Kanto Oak mentioned back in DPPt during the Shaymin event
    Probably for the hell of it I guess or it was included but taken out.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Soooo many people complaining about the music. As a musician myself, I can tell you that the music is outstanding. One of the best soundtracks ever released for a Pokemon game. Particularly National Park, Lance/Red battle, Dragons Den and Viridian Forest. I can understand that the tones may be difficult to get used to, but they are good pieces of work nonetheless.

Tone: Great
    Melodies: Great
    Arrangements: Great
    Tempo: Great
    Music: Great

Last edited:
    Years
    tl;dr I'm talking about the people who complain about the entire game not being how they want it to be (<insert game aspect> rape, is what they call it), continually bash gamefreak for "failing" at remakes and "ruining" the originals, then play it anyway while forcing their opinions down others' throats.
    I don't care about the people who don't like 1 or 2 things but like another 1 or 2 things. Hell I'm that way as well. I dislike some things but I enjoy the rest.
    Both these posts are silly. Now we're complaining about complaining? :O

Soooo many people complaining about the music. As a musician myself, I can tell you that the music is outstanding. One of the best soundtracks ever released for a Pokemon game. Particularly National Park, Lance/Red battle, Dragons Den and Viridian Forest. I can understand that the tones may be difficult to get used to, but they are good pieces of work nonetheless.

Tone: Great
    Melodies: Great
    Arrangements: Great
    Tempo: Great
    Music: Great
    this post = win

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Honestly I don't see a point in arguing either way about the music since it's just a matter of personal taste. Some people won't like it, some people will, and there's no point in trying to convince either side that they're wrong.

Anyways, I dislike that the decorating-your-room feature seems to be gone. It was far better than Secret Bases imo (since you didn't have to deal with crap like tons of limits, rocks/holes in the way, and other stuff), and the items available were just the right amount.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Me too, I remember Mystery Gifting almost every day (since my brother had a GBC as well and Silver Version, and he let me do it since it benefitted both of us) to try and get the rare decorations, and I was so jealous when my brother got a Surfing Pikachu Doll, and I loved putting my favorite decorations up. The Safari Zone customization is neat, as are the majority of the other new features they put in (GB Player!!!), but... I still miss the old stuff that they removed :S

Steelix8

The Undertaker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    There is only one single thing that I can possibly think to complain about when it comes to these games. That one thing is that I am not overjoyed by the new Feraligatr sprite. There's just something about it...I don't know. I prefer the D/P version more.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    the only thing i have found so far that i dislike about the new games is that my Dratini i got for answering the questions in the Dragons Den (which was a matter of randomly picking answeres until i finished it :) ) didn't have Extreame Speed as one of its moves

i dont like the idea that my rom crashes heaps but the game hasn't been out long enough for them to have a good rom for it

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    the only thing i have found so far that i dislike about the new games is that my Dratini i got for answering the questions in the Dragons Den (which was a matter of randomly picking answeres until i finished it :) ) didn't have Extreame Speed as one of its moves

i dont like the idea that my rom crashes heaps but the game hasn't been out long enough for them to have a good rom for it
    Actually, that is being caused by piracy checks. Pretty good ones too. It isn't just a bad ROM.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years

Actually, that is being caused by piracy checks. Pretty good ones too. It isn't just a bad ROM.
    wow nintendo are finally taking action to all the roms that people are using
    allthough there not doing a good job i'm up to Misty's gym
    i will buy it once its out in aus

Back