• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    The only complaint I have is the event pokemon and all the Japanese (which will eventually be cleared up as of a release in AUSTRALIA next year).

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    WARNING !! Below contains extreme rantingand nostalgia anger. I actually like HG/SS, some stuff just piss me off though. VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Now a remake is supposed to be (or should have been) a 100% identical CARBON COPY of G/S, except with the 3D graphics of 4th gen, and sharpness of 4th gen as well, with the TM's from 4th gen, with perfectly remixed tracks, and new improvements, not REPLACEMENTS.

The Intro ... which was just a slideshow of people ... was a FAIL. It should have been the original ones, rather than Microsoft Paint slideshows of people, doing god knows what. I mean come on, who doesn't like the old Lapras swimming with the Shellders, and the 3 starters appearing with a Charizard slowly emerging?

Oh don't forget the old intro with Ho-Oh\Lugia flying over the sky with that epic music!! It made you feel like you were flying on the clouds!! Now that cloud just got hit by a missle and your going crashing down ..... weeeeewwwwwwwwww ....... BOOM. Because they replaced the music with the Crystal music. *slit's neck*

The graphics are coool, but the grass still blows monkey farts.
    Look, the grass SHOULD NOT BE LIKE THIS:
    Complaints thread

It SHOULD HAVE BEEN MELLOWEY AUTUMN, LIKE THIS.
    Complaints thread

Oh and another annoying thing is the legendary encounters, they have been RUINED. Lugia and Ho-Oh were so much fun to go get because you didn't HAVE to face them, it was purely optional and no one in the game told you about them.

And the way they are summoned is just stupid ...
    Complaints thread

What is this, group secks?

Complaints thread

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Me and my legendary ... 1 on 1 privacy ... no damn intruders screwing up my nostalgia. See how mysterious Lugia looks? IT ROCKS!

And the music ... half of it is good, half of it sucks. Particularly the Surfing Theme (the middle of it where it is quiet and soft is how it should be, no percussion or any of that other upbeat music), and the Rival Encounter theme has got the tune wrong, and it really gets to you after a while.

And why must almost EVERY track have this damned Jingle Bells christmas jingly dingly instrument in it ... you may know what I'm talking about like the beginning of the Celadon music, the few seconds before the main tune starts ... you know like a jingle jingle jingle ... it's all over the game and it PISSES ME OFF.

Yeah, this game annoys me but it's still POKEMON, so I'll buy it. I like Pokemon. =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Although I respect most of your complaints, whining about grass color is a really odd thing to do. For all you know, the grass was originally supposed to be blueish-green, but the color limitations of the GBC made it impossible.

The incorrect scoring of the Rival Encounter music won't be much of an issue, since anybody who has played the originals enough to care about such a change will most likely zoom through the text before they can hear that part. Trust me, I didn't like what they did with the intro of the Kanto Leader song, but it grew on me and now I like both equally. They will grow on you soon.

But yes, other people being around for you catching a legendary really breaks the experience of getting them.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Eggie Poo Poo, your definition of a remake intrigues me, really it does. A remake isn't always and basically is never a 100% carbon copy of the game before it with modifications to graphics, sound, etc. There is always to be expected alteration within the original storyline, and additions to the game. Yes, what you see now may not look well to you, but many so far who have strived for the nostalgic feel has so far enjoyed the game. You're at least lucky for the GB Player to replay the original soundtrack of Gold and Silver while in gameplay later within the game, if you are that concerned.

Anyhow, I know since the first release of HGSS news you've been compaining of things you've seen within the game so far. So, I'll let you wait and see how you enjoy the game when you actually play it firsthand. ;)

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Now a remake is supposed to be (or should have been) a 100% identical CARBON COPY

I stopped reading there.
    Your comprehension of the word "remake" is hilarious, and clearly all your arguments are complaining about your nostalgia being "ruined". Which, by far, is the worst argument in the world. Good lord you're hopeless.

If you want a 100% carbon copy, go find a G/S cart and replace the battery.

Eggie Poo Poo

Years
    Eggie Poo Poo, your definition of a remake intrigues me, really it does. A remake isn't always and basically is never a 100% carbon copy of the game before it with modifications to graphics, sound, etc. There is always to be expected alteration within the original storyline, and additions to the game. Yes, what you see now may not look well to you, but many so far who have strived for the nostalgic feel has so far enjoyed the game. You're at least lucky for the GB Player to replay the original soundtrack of Gold and Silver while in gameplay later within the game, if you are that concerned.

Anyhow, I know since the first release of HGSS news you've been compaining of things you've seen within the game so far. So, I'll let you wait and see how you enjoy the game when you actually play it firsthand. ;)

I know, I said 100% copy with ADDITIONS, but not REPLACEMENTS. Replacements are things like screwing up the legendary scene with the Kimono Girls in your face the whole time, and other stuff. There should have been ADDITIONS, not replacements.

An example of what I mean:

Addition: The music in the Mart, there was never a different, typical Mart music track before, but there is now.

Replacement:
    The fact that you get to catch Ho-Oh and Lugia after the 8th badge now, as opposed to when you get the corresponding Wing (or "Feather" in these remakes) item.

See the difference? And thanks for bringing up the GB Player, WHY IN THE NAME OF FREAKING HELL DO THEY GIVE IT TO YOU AFTER YOU HAVE 16 BADGES? That defeats the whole purpose of it, my only choice is to Action Replay it early on, if codes exist for that item.

I stopped reading there.
    Your comprehension of the word "remake" is hilarious, and clearly all your arguments are complaining about your nostalgia being "ruined". Which, by far, is the worst argument in the world. Good lord you're hopeless.

If you want a 100% carbon copy, go find a G/S cart and replace the battery.
    Your fault for stopping there, because you should have read the rest of what I wrote. I'll save you some time kiddo. (look in the Spoiler)
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    They followed too closely with the level problem. We live in the year 2009. There's competitive battling online. We know that Kanto is going to be after Johto already, so why are the levels still so low? What were they thinking? I know there will be newcomers with these games like all new Pokemon games bring, but...daaang. Seriously? After ten years, you still can't bump up the wild Pokemon levels?

And I really don't want to hear someone give a reason to my complaint. A complaint is a complaint. It's just something I don't like and I feel like whining about it. And I actually agree about the grass.

Eggie Poo Poo

Years
    They followed too closely with the level problem. We live in the year 2009. There's competitive battling online. We know that Kanto is going to be after Johto already, so why are the levels still so low? What were they thinking? I know there will be newcomers with these games like all new Pokemon games bring, but...daaang. Seriously? After ten years, you still can't bump up the wild Pokemon levels?

And I really don't want to hear someone give a reason to my complaint. A complaint is a complaint. It's just something I don't like and I feel like whining about it. And I actually agree about the grass.

Lol I know you don't want someone to give a reason for your complaint, and I'm not one to defend this .... "HG/SS" ... but you know look at the Rematch levels for the Gym Leaders, like Blue, he has almost level 80 Pokemon, so they had to bump up Red.

Bumping up everyone else would lead to Blue being bumped up another 10 levels, which would make Red go up another 10 again. So then 2/3 of Red's Pokemon will be level 100, not much fun now is it? :D

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I know you gave a warning Eggie Poo Poo, but that was quite a rant over three graphical problems and a soundtrack problem that is fixed after finishing the main story.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I know you gave a warning Eggie Poo Poo, but that was quite a rant over three graphical problems and a soundtrack problem that is fixed after finishing the main story.
    Obviously to him, that's basis for

RUINED FOREVER

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Are you guys serious? Are some people actually okay with the Lv40 Pokemon in Mt. Silver and Cerulean Cave?

Come on guys, that's ridiculous. A few weeks ago I made a ROM hack of Crystal version using only a map editor and a trainer editor, to edit what the trainers have and what wild Pokemon appear and their levels. They could have made Falkner go up to Lv14. They could have made Bugsy go up to Lv20. They could have made Whitney go up to Lv23. They could have made Morty go up to Lv28 (And give him a damn Misdreavus, srsly). They could have made Chuck go up to Lv33. They could have made Jasmine go up to god knows what, since I set it at Lv37 and yet my Lv32 Quilava beat the **** out of her. They could have made Pryce go up to Lv40. They could have made Clair go up to Lv45. I originally had the Elite Four go up to Lv60, but that was too hard, so I lowered it to 56. I'm sure raising it one or two levels wouldn't hurt.

Don't believe me? I'll post the ROM hack and you guys can try for yourself. Now what I just said was a brief summary, I can say much more.

For instance, we all know that Sinnoh is a huge region. Kanto is a relatively small region. But guess what? Sinnoh and Kanto has just about the same level curve, and Kanto's is actually slightly higher. With Sinnoh being a lot bigger than Kanto, you'd except that it would have higher levels, but no, it doesn't. If Kanto can match level-wise the huge Sinnoh region, then Johto should be able to match the Hoenn region, which was bigger than Kanto yet had lower levels, but people didn't complain about the Hoenn region levels because they weren't pathetically low, unlike Johto.

There is no excuse whatsoever for the low as f**k levels in HG/SS. UGH.

And IMO, they totally messed up what one would think of the Kanto story. Okay, so from Hoenn let's say May picked Torchic, Brendan picked Mudkip, and some random guy (Wally?) picked Treecko. Later in Sinnoh, Lucas picked Turtwig, Barry/Cedric picked Chimchar, and Dawn picked Piplup. Meanwhile in Johto, Gold/Hibiki picked Cyndaquil, Kotone picked Chikorita, and the red hair emo guy (Silver?) stole Totodile. So you'd assume that 3 years earlier that 3 trainers in Kanto would have picked Kanto starters, right? Okay, well I always believed that Red would choose Charmander, Green would choose Squirtle, and Leaf/Blue would choose Bulbasaur. But too bad, HG/SS disagrees with me! Apparently Red started out with a Pikachu and all 3 starters, while Green got no starters, and Leaf/Blue never existed! WTF!?!?!? I don't remember starting out with a Pikachu and all 3 starters in FR/LG. Seriously, I hate how HG/SS is now taking things from the stupid anime...

Oh, and about the grass... I think it's better than the weird-ass colors they used in the Sinnoh games. I mean, seriously, since when was grass NEON-GREEN!?!?!? I'd much rather have the teal-blue/green grass in HG/SS than the neon-green D/P/Pt grass.

Last edited:

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I don't remember starting out with a Pikachu and all 3 starters in FR/LG. Seriously, I hate how HG/SS is now taking things from the stupid anime...

That's because HGSS are remakes of sequels to Yellow, not to remakes of RG.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    You know what? Chances are if they changed pokemon teams and raised some levels, some people will complain that it's not faithful to the originals and thus "ruined forever".

You can please one group but the other will be pissed.

Oh such is the curse of fandoms.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    my complaint?
    the graphics are too nice and the game is too modern
    its too dazzling for me

i can't handle such gloriousness, i wish they wouldn't do that D:
    ---

even if they do try to change something to plaase one side,i bet that side will still be unsatisfied, changing something will make it suck as much as not changing anything apparently :P

changing something at all automatically equals epic fail
    HOW DARE THEY D:<

thing that makes me lol is how you people complain about the most insignifigant things, like grass colour *snort*

ahh the pokemon fandom it never ceases to amuse me :D

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Yeah, I don't get the whole 'it must stay the same' thing. It has Johto, Kanto, Red, the same gym leaders, the same Elite Four, the same Team Rocket, what else needs to stay the same? Nothing imo.

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years
    My only complaints are it that the legendary pokemon are way to hard to catch! i mean earlier today while i was catching groudon killed it self with struggle, so i used a masterball on it and now i am battling ho-oh the same thing! and lugia was also hard enough and it was LV 45! or am i just REALLY UNLUCKY!

also the shining leaf! its already hard enough to get a black trainer card now they add this stupid leaf! I MEAN REALLY NINTENDO!

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I think the shiny leaf thing is suppose to replace the Underground star, which, for me, will make it easier. :P

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The only thing I can really complain about is that some of the music in the GB player sounds different from the original GSC due to the hardware transition from GBC to DS.

Particularly Celadon City's Music and the sound played when a wild encounter first starts. I can here the difference, as I still actively play both my English and Japanese Crystal versions.

Back