• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    My only complaints are that:

you can't trade with DPPt until National Dex??? i could get Arceus to Diamond at Hearthome.

E4 aren't such a big level jump as in Fr/Lg.I liked how you could easily beat Geovanni, yet still be pwnd by Lorelei.

Phaux

Legend Hunter
    Years
    My only complaints are that:

you can't trade with DPPt until National Dex??? i could get Arceus to Diamond at Hearthome.

E4 aren't such a big level jump as in Fr/Lg.I liked how you could easily beat Geovanni, yet still be pwnd by Lorelei.

I'm not sure where you read that, you can trade between HGSS and DPPT as long as both games have the first badge, though I'm fairly sure you can't trade gen 3 or 4 until the NationalDex.

The E4 is the same as they were in generation 2, though the rematch they are still slightly weaker than Sinnoh's rematch E4...

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    The Last Rival battle

In the battle at Indigo Plateu his Sneasel and Magneton failed to evolve into Weavile and Magnezone.

I was very disappointed by that.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Hm, Magneton not evolving into Magnezone I can understand, as it only can evolve at Mt Coronet in Sinnoh. Besides it's a fourth gen. Pokémon, and the storyline's mostly second gen. if I'm not wrong.

Sneasel>Weavile, I actually thought it would be, but as I realised, there too, it would be a gen4 pkmn. It wouldn't be much of a remake if they'd thrown in a bunch of pokémon not belonging there.

I don't think there's that much to discuss on that subject, were there something special you had in mind, wanted to know, when making this thread? =/

(sorry for sounding dull and making typos, I'm very tired atm...)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    That battle is post-National Dex so 3rd and 4th Gen Pokemon are avaliable. You see them througout Kanto used by trainers.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Sneasel for sure should be evolved. Maybe they could say Silver's been training in Sinnoh since his defeat which would explain a Magnezone.

It would just add to the challenege of the battle really. The final Rival battle should have all fully evolved Pokemon with their best moves.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    It's a complaint, so merging with the ever-popular (=P) Complaints thread.

I'd agree that it would be nice to see them having been evolved after you've beaten the game and all. Maybe it's done due to a lack of Mt Coronet is needed for Magneton to evolve so they kept with that, and his Sneasel wasn't his to begin with so it refuses to evolve for him? [/lameandvaguebutpossibleexplanations] Either that or they just wanted to keep with the very same team he had in GSC. Oh well.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Well come to think of it, the New Pokedex (Johto Dex) was expanded to include any new evolutions and pre-evolutions of Pokemon the were in the original GSC New Pokedex so even that's not valid reason.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    Well come to think of it, the New Pokedex (Johto Dex) was expanded to include any new evolutions and pre-evolutions of Pokemon the were in the original GSC New Pokedex so even that's not valid reason.
    Actually, only five Pokemon were added to the Johto Dex, which was due to them evolving by learning a certain attack. They are Tangrowth, Mamoswine, Lickilicky, Yanmega, and Ambipom.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    As for his Sneasel not being able to evolve because it doesn't consider Silver it's proper trainer... he has Crobat in that battle which means he finally started treating his Pokemon correctly so Sneasel would be more happy with Silver than before.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Where did all the cool TMs go?!?

How can this be called a remake if I can't teach a Snorlax Zap Cannon anymore? What TM(s) do you miss and what Pokemon did you teach them to?

Years
    To ensure maximum compatibility with the other Gen IV games. The HMs changed to meet the demands of the game's setting, but otherwise they were always going to keep the main set of TMs. =/

I don't miss much of the GSC TMs - especially after they removed Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Ice Beam. =|

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    ...Because TMs are versatile and can be traded between games, keeping the old TMs from Gold and Silver would have only put compatibility between HG/SS and DPPt to a halt. Therefore, the current TMs had to be applied to the remake just like it was done in the remake to RBY.

Truthfully, I don't miss the original TMs back in Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Yes, they were great at the time, but the game itself has changed and to keep up with the challenge you have to adapt to the changes. Plus, I prefer the new alignment of TMs now rather than the original. It has more of a variety and many of the moves can be more effective in today's game play.

Plus, it's what we have Move Tutors for. There are some available moves that you would have liked to be available on TMs but can be obtained through the game's Move Tutors instead.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    move tutors can't teach snorlax zap cannon and that was the best thing about snorlax it could be turned into a freak with zap cannon and flamethower

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I don't really miss them.
    Besides we have move tutors

I only liked the Thunder/Fire/Ice Punch and Headbutt which can be taught by move tutors. Yay!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Since it's a complaint about an aspect of the games, merged with the Complaints thread.

One could have predicted this would be the case before the games were even released though - has to be the same otherwise it'd raise problems with trading with D/P/Pt. It's why they had the same TMs in the 3rd gen, and the same 50 TMs reappeared for the 4th gen as well. There are move tutors though for many of those moves.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    No Odd Egg?

Well since Serebii hasn't mentioned it, I doubt we're able to get one.
    I'm kind of bumming about this though, I mean I know it was exclusively in Crystal (this is correct, right?), but I thought it was an awesome feature, and it was cool getting my first shiny from an egg. :P

Any thoughts on this?

Back