• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    No, HGSS has no Odd Egg. A small pity from my point of view, but oh well - I already have shiny Pokemon and they give us a red Gyarados anyways. XD (BTW I had a shiny Elekid).

But this is a complaint of sorts so merging the thread with this suddenly quiet complaints thread (although maybe not for long given recent news?)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    No, HGSS has no Odd Egg. A small pity from my point of view, but oh well - I already have shiny Pokemon and they give us a red Gyarados anyways. XD (BTW I had a shiny Elekid).

But this is a complaint of sorts so merging the thread with this suddenly quiet complaints thread (although maybe not for long given recent news?)
    Oh, I forgot about the Gyrados. Thanks for the reminder. xD I had a Shiny Igglybuff but I never realized what was so special about it at first.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I found it strange that they made it so Pichu<Pikachu<Raichu shouldn't know Dizzy Punch, but gave it anyways when it came out of the egg. xD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Rocket Admins (Apollo...) aren't named after rockets anymore
    Oh, but apparnetly they are (leastways, some share names with european rockets irl, and others share common traits with their Japanese counterparts with the names - it's been pointed ou in the English Name thread I believe, and if not someone else elsewhere mentioned this in some detail.

But I agree with a few of your qualms with names there to an extent - I do however like Pokeathlon (it's only an extra 'a' anyways) and Sinjoh as well (iirc instead of the japanese merge of region names with Shinoh and Jonto = Shinto, it's Sinnoh and Johto = Sinjoh - it fits!).

Last edited:

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Yes, Pokeathlon is much better. po-kay-tho-lon versus po-kay-ath-thlon.

Although Shinjo seems a little arkward to me. But I guess it will grow on me.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    I wish the room decorating was still there. I enjoyed sending money to mom and getting calls of how she went on a shopping spree with your money. I also think Pokeathlon is better. I was just thinking of how it should have been that way before it was announced. But this is a complaint thread so...

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    I honestly don't care about the female character (Kotone)'s sprite/artwork. The actual sprite isn't too bad at all, and the enlarged artwork... I'm a guy, so i don't have to worry about that either... :-/

Here are a few of the complaints i DO have:
    The title screen is different. Sure, the new one is FABULOUS, and shows clearly how much the franchise has evolved since the originals, but i was kinda looking forward to seeing the old ones updated... :-(
    Cinnabar Island still barely exists...
    The Giovanni event (the one with the travel to the past, and the truly shocking revelation that he is Silver's dad...) requires an event Pokemon! Seriously, i don't mind Nintendo events to acquire new, rare Pokes, but to continue the story? This is plain damn unfair.

The rest is, in my opinion, GREAT! Notable aspects:
    Silver looks AMAZING!
    Way too many legendaries!
    ...Everything else!

jAvAcOlA

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    I haven't played the game yet, but an obvious complaint for me is just flat-out easiness. Like the Giovanni event requires a Celebi which the event for probably won't be for like at least 6 months, yet he's weak as hell. They should've made him a BA powerhouse. The rival should keep getting better like Barry in Platinum. And of course...Red's rematch team should be all 100's.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    I thought that was pokemon failure revolution.

I would say that isn't a full remake.

Pokemon stadium had:
    Minigames
    Free battle
    Gym leaders
    Stuff that you could do to you pokemon games. Eg. Silver, gold
    Tournament and all that stuff.

PBR Is just a fail.

Back on topic: I have no complaints. HURRY UP TO THE RELEASE DATE

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2013
    Yes, Pokeathlon is much better. po-kay-tho-lon versus po-kay-ath-thlon.

Although Shinjo seems a little arkward to me. But I guess it will grow on me.
    It was Shinto ruins in Japan because Sinnoh is called Shinou Which is why the Japanese name is "Shintoh ruins so over here it is changed the name of Sinnoh over here "Sinjoh I don't know why the changed the prefix to "Joh though instead of keeping it "Toh" but im okay with the name.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    It was Shinto ruins in Japan because Sinnoh is called Shinou Which is why the Japanese name is "Shintoh ruins so over here it is changed the name of Sinnoh over here "Sinjoh I don't know why the changed the prefix to "Joh though instead of keeping it "Toh" but im okay with the name.
    Shintoh was used in the Japanese version to keep the connection between Sinnoh and Johto. As the same with the English version, the name was altered to Sinjoh keeping the relation between Sinnoh and Johto together. Basically explaining why the change was made.

In simple math for the English regions, Sin derives from Sinnoh as Joh derives from Johto. Placing the two together as one they renamed the English Ruins to, Sinjoh. I don't mind it as it isn't a large change. Plus, most locations from the Japanese copy and English copy are changed between versions, so it was expected to not remain the same.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    From what I read, there are move tutors but they want BP for the moves? And they want upwards of 32 for a move like bug bite. I like the shard requests in platinum better, as least you can mine them in the underground.
    I was hoping to teach heracross bug bite and take a munch into their sitrus berries.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years

I do know why. They could potentially have kept it the same or made it Sinto. After all, it isn't Kanjoh Falls.

Last edited:

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    I haven't played the game yet, but an obvious complaint for me is just flat-out easiness. Like the Giovanni event requires a Celebi which the event for probably won't be for like at least 6 months, yet he's weak as hell. They should've made him a BA powerhouse. The rival should keep getting better like Barry in Platinum. And of course...Red's rematch team should be all 100's.

Yeah, I agree too. It's going to take them like 6 months to release that Celebi, but you could always trade the Japanese one with somebody; I think they get theirs in July? Hopefully we get it earlier...

So I'd have to say the biggest complaint I have is that they suck at releasing wifi events! I think I never received any event item or Pokemon from Pearl. I think they just BARELY released the Shaymin event item or something. They need to start using the mystery gift more wisely and stop making us go to GameStop to get Pokemon when they should just do it through wifi.

^That's more of a general complaint, though, but I agree that they should have made Celebi catchable in the game to continue the story.

Chaos Feraligatr

Darkness Bringer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    What i hate:
    Fire punch,thunderpunch and ice punch not being TMs
    no battle tower on the beach like crystal version
    no more odd eggs
    HeartGold gets better exclusive pokemon than SoulSilver

i know there is a battle frontier like in platinum i just like the battle tower in crystal because you can pick from level 5 to 100, makes it interesting

Last edited:
    Years
    I know nobody would agree with this but i just dont like how when you go to Kanto you have like an all powwerful team.Id like it better if you had to use a kanto starter then go through a whole kanto adventure and cant use ur higher leveled pokemon until you get the next set of badges required to use a certain level of pkmn,Becuz it seems like the kanto part goes by so quick and also,when you get the kanto starters itd b no fun training them later after u beat all the gyms,the gyms were the best [part about training ur pkmn

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
    The new female trainer in HG/SS...

Sorry if this is either a) already been done or b) is in the wrong place...but I wanted to discuss the new female trainer in the new games. Kotone/Lyra seems like she shouldn't exist. What happened to Kris/Marina? I mean, they look almost the same anyway. Pointless, imo. It's not like the guy changed, so why did the girl?

Years
    You know, this reminds of someone else saying this....I don't wish to repeat this, but what the heck.

They changed Kris because the creators are sort of...well, perverted or something. It's like when they changed Misty to May to Dawn: They wanted the boys to keep watching Pokemon and not get bored.

But they changed Kris for Lyra because Kris seems sort of old-fashioned...

They changed Gold/Ethan because he was pretty easy to manipulate, while Kris would not. All they did was change his body, facial features, clothing, hair, etc. Other then that, he's the same.

Back