• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Why does everyone complain about replacing Kris? I mean, I like the new girl better and for some reason, a bit more than Gold as I will be playing as her. I've always done it, except in Emerald. I truly hate MAY.

Plus, if you do like her, than just admit it, she is cute! Gold's design is worse, except for his clothes!

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
  • This might be the first game where I don't play as a girl character. T.T It sucks. I mean, even in RSE I played as the girl... DDDX horrible!! Maybe it would be okay to play as her, we won't actually see her face/pose, just her AWESOME hat in the overworld. And avoid looking at the trainer card at all... and deal with the pigtails... and annoying pink stuff... ugh, you know what, forget it, unless I get 2 versions or Heart looks better in the actual game, I'm playing as Gold.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • The starter Following u around i have no problem with it following u around but i have a problem with The starter not evolving i hope they are just using screen shots are just with their Starter in their Base form to show them being cuter and they can still evolve but who knows So to sum it up

Dont mind tthe starter Following you
    But it just better be able to evolve

Years
  • That's a good complaint, Inferno.

If they aren't letting it evolve just yet, then maybe they will be making it like Mystery Dungeon? You know, how you don't evolve until you've gone through the storyline, and have done a side quest or two. But then again, this is all on the chance that they make it so you don't evolve. I'm thinking that you can evolve your starter, but they haven't shown an evolved Pokémon running around yet.

Here's a complaint: Keep the Red Gyarados. Don't rub its uncatchable-ness in my face.

Years
  • I think the players are just deliberately not evolving their starters, because maybe they don't follow you around after evolving, and they want to flaunt the feature. (It's also reasonable to have an unevolved starter by Azalea Town, though that doesn't bode well for the level increase we're all hoping for.)

And since when is the Red Gyarados uncatchable? How am I going to get my Waterfall slave? x.x

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Apparently though one of the pictures is quite possibly at Burnt Tower, and not evolving a Cyndaquil by then is... well, unless they swallowed an Everstone or something it ain't usual. But then again it's just a video and all - doesn't mean for sure that it'll be the case or not... =/ At any rate I wouldn't assume anything on that until we get more info. Forcing a Pokemon to stay unevolved doesn't sound quite right to me though.

Years
  • Okay.... i have a few complaints.

Complaints:
    The Heroine... She looks absolutly Awful.
    The pokemon that can only evolve in certain areas of Sinnoh like Leafeon and Glaceon etc. How ill they Evolve?

other than that No other complaints what so ever... For Now.

Ashitaka

Spirit of Snorlax
    Years
  • It's hard to complain about such good news...I suppose that my only "complaints" would be more like worried speculation.

How much are they planning on changing? Gym puzzles, dungeon layouts and so forth wouldn't be too bad an idea for changing, since most people that have played G/S a lot already have them all memorized. But I'm hoping some of the lame HM's don't appear in G/S (Dive, Rock Smash, Defog), HM's have always just bogged down the games for me (aside from Surf, Strength and Fly, as they're actually useful in battle). I was happy that Flash was changed to a TM, they should do this as well with some of the lamer HM moves, especially Rock Smash and Defog.

There's still not enough information around though for me to really form complains. Honestly I know I'll love it, so I'll just hold off on saying anything negative.

I think the players are just deliberately not evolving their starters, because maybe they don't follow you around after evolving, and they want to flaunt the feature. (It's also reasonable to have an unevolved starter by Azalea Town, though that doesn't bode well for the level increase we're all hoping for.)

I think it would be a nice feature if the starter followed you even AFTER it evolved, not to mention allowing you to choose whether your starter follows you at all.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My complaint: all the starters in this game look so cute now. Now, I'll have a tough time with my decision of choosing a starter. And seeing as how it will follow you throughout the game, that, too, makes my decision even tougher to decide. Seriously! They made Tododile's sprite look so cute! Chikorita has always been my favorite, but Cyndaquil's overworld is wonderful. How am I supposed to decide? That is my complaint.

1 More thing. I don't really like the color of the menu, but I can live with that.

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Complaints thread

needs to be posted.

Years
  • My main complaint is with how the fandom has reacted to the news. For half a decade you yearn for a GS remake, and now it's been confirmed you complain about the most insignificant things.

Who cares if Kris isn't in the game? If you've formed an emotional attachment to a 27x55 block of pixels over the years that's so strong it makes you blind with rage at the new female player character then you've got some serious issues with your emotions and anger management.

And complaining about things we don't even know yet? How ridiculous. When was it ever mentioned that the Red Gyarados wouldn't be in the game? When has it ever been stated that one would ot be able to visit Kanto? You people complain about the most trivial things, that I half expect you to complain about the colours they're using for the tiles. OH WAIT, YOU ALREADY HAVE.

Very disappointed, fandom.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I agree with Tribulations. Why do fans have to act so negatively towards something they've wanted for nearly half a decade.

And for the people worried about evolution stopping their starter from following them, take a look at Platinum's pokémon square(I think thats what its called?).They added sprites for the evolutions of the starters.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I agree with Tribulations. Why do fans have to act so negatively towards something they've wanted for nearly half a decade.
    Because people have wanted these games for years, and have dreamed up their own expectations for the remakes before they actually happened. So now that the games have actually been announced and are being made, people are seeing that the remakes have changes (new girl, starter following you, other changes that I can't quite remember because they're kinda small) that they didn't expect. (Perhaps the people thought that "remakes" meant G/S/C with updated graphics only. Or other thoughts that didn't include big changes.) So of course people are going to have a problem with the big changes, because they weren't expected, and don't match up with what people thought the remakes were going to be.

I'm personally waiting for more information to come out before complaining about the starters following you, since my main complaint with that is I don't just want my starter following me. I'd like to have a different Pokemon outside.

And since when is the Red Gyarados uncatchable? How am I going to get my Waterfall slave? x.x
    Rumor. Proved false. Red Gyarados is still catchable. "Shadow Lugia" said so in his post above yours.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    One PC member thought the Red Gyarados was uncathable due to it being shiny. Same with a Ho-oh. Also, my complaint is on all of you! Shut up about it and suck up the bad parts of it, I hated Kris all the time, except her texture colours. I glitched up my retail game to play as the blue boy. (Crystal)

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    DS graphics... they make me sick... theyre so damn ugly I just cant stand it... I want classic 2D OW graphics.

King!

better
    Years
  • I.....honestly can't complain.

For one, I know absolutely NOTHINg about the game, really......

Second, I wouldn't complain anyhow, seeing as.......let's just say POkemon's great. They work hard, The games are always cool.

Third, the graphics in G/S/C weren't the best, in my opinion, so, a remake. COOL!

Now, as of the starters, I'm going to have a SUPER tough time. And this is good. More studyin' ^.^

Back