• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Are you sure you're playing the same game as us? Last I remember, it was Espeon that was replaced with Lapras. I fought Red a few days ago, and his Snorlax was still there.

Achh hahah PSHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTT???

Red's Snorlax has had its moveset ruined. Remember Snore, and Rest? Sure it made Red a pain in the ass to beat, but hey it made us remember him for that Snorlax =). Now they ruined his Snorlax with a moveset like Giga Impact, Crunch, Blizzard and something else. It's more diverse I'll admit, but it's too easy now, look at all the gameplay vids of Red, everyone takes Snorlax down so fast when they are like 10 levels lower, that's not what Red is meant to be like.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Achh hahah PSHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTT???

Red's Snorlax has had its moveset ruined. Remember Snore, and Rest? Sure it made Red a pain in the ass to beat, but hey it made us remember him for that Snorlax =). Now they ruined his Snorlax with a moveset like Giga Impact, Crunch, Blizzard and something else. It's more diverse I'll admit, but it's too easy now, look at all the gameplay vids of Red, everyone takes Snorlax down so fast when they are like 10 levels lower, that's not what Red is meant to be like.
    I think the HG/SS authors are simply trying to prove that the game is more modern, henceforth making the moves more "modern" in their terms. I still think a versatile moveset that is harder to beat is better for Sonrlax and the rest of his team.

Eggie Poo Poo

Years

I think the HG/SS authors are simply trying to prove that the game is more modern, henceforth making the moves more "modern" in their terms. I still think a versatile moveset that is harder to beat is better for Sonrlax and the rest of his team.

That's precisely the thing, it isn't harder to beat, it's too easy now.

Years
    my only "complaint" is that the wild pokemon levels werent fixed
    took me 2 hours, per pokemon, to train before chuck
    i had to raise my 'mons from level 23 to level 28 by fighting level 15/6/7 raticate's
    come on game freak, at least level the WILD pokemon up a bit :/

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    It's a shame they didn't include Hoenn in the remakes. There's more than enough room left on the card to put it in, and even if it took an extra six months it'd be worth it.
    But it's a GS remake - not sure Hoenn would really fit in at all. =/ We already have two regions, after all, and adding in another region just wouldn't feel right, IMO. (And it would make the whole level problem worse - if Red is in the high 80's, what about the people in Hoenn?)

The complaint:Not making an area for Mew in these games.It would be nice for once for a non-event Mew.
    Well, Mew is for all intend and purposes classified as an event-only Pokemon - unless you look at how it is obtainable in Ranch (but its more to promote a small WiiWare title, and after transferring 1000 Pokemon as well).
    my only "complaint" is that the wild pokemon levels werent fixed
    took me 2 hours, per pokemon, to train before chuck
    i had to raise my 'mons from level 23 to level 28 by fighting level 15/6/7 raticate's
    come on game freak, at least level the WILD pokemon up a bit :/
    I'm somewhat surprised as to how your Pokemon had those low levels to begin with. =/ There are plenty of hidden trainers about as well. ('Course, levels may have been low if you changed up your team often)...
    That's precisely the thing, it isn't harder to beat, it's too easy now.
    What I'm wondering is - how does Red fare for the youngster that'll play the games, as opposed to use 'seasoned' players? After all, if one's played the original GSC, there's bound to be some improvement there in battling skill, so maybe it would in fact be opposite of easy for new players? (And I bet the 'surprise' of Blizzard is bound to catch at least a few people off-guard).

Eggie Poo Poo

Years
    What I'm wondering is - how does Red fare for the youngster that'll play the games, as opposed to use 'seasoned' players? After all, if one's played the original GSC, there's bound to be some improvement there in battling skill, so maybe it would in fact be opposite of easy for new players? (And I bet the 'surprise' of Blizzard is bound to catch at least a few people off-guard).

Red should fare for the "youngster" just as it did for US when were youngsters .... nearly impossible to beat. Red should be a big bad trainer who can wipe out your team so fast just like he did in the G/S days, that is why Red was just so special.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I'd like to file a complaint.

Why the heck did they remove the mass-select function from the PC boxes?
    It's tedious work when mass migrating Pokemon from one box to another.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years

I dont see that as much of a big deal. If you're moving Pokemon between boxes to organize them, then wouldn't you want to take your time and select each one for each box?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years

I dont see that as much of a big deal. If you're moving Pokemon between boxes to organize them, then wouldn't you want to take your time and select each one for each box?
    Why would I want to do that, when I want to move 15 Pokemon from Box A to Box B?

The drag and drop feature is OK, I guess, but it automatically places the Pokemon.
    I like to have flexibility when organizing my boxes.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Why would I want to do that, when I want to move 15 Pokemon from Box A to Box B?

The drag and drop feature is OK, I guess, but it automatically places the Pokemon.
    I like to have flexibility when organizing my boxes.
    The drag and drop feature is fairly quick on it's own accord.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Ugh, they removed that? It made it so much easier to move stuff quickly :/. Oh well, I guess it's not THAT bad, just a minor inconvenience.

Eggie Poo Poo

Years

Wow, that's Gamefreak for you right there, a completely illogical, meaningless change that they didn't have to make, but did it to piss everyone off. That IS a pretty big deal because it makes you wonder WHY DID THEY DO THAT, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    this may have been said before but i hate how the kanto wild pokemon levels are so low...

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Red should fare for the "youngster" just as it did for US when were youngsters .... nearly impossible to beat. Red should be a big bad trainer who can wipe out your team so fast just like he did in the G/S days, that is why Red was just so special.

G/S/C Red isn't really that hard when your older and know how to build a good team. Even if he had his old team, a veteran still wouldn't have that much trouble with him.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    The only complaint I have is waiting for the english version of HG/SS.
    It'll take like what? 8months...and having a semester of Japanese won't work if I only know Hiragana

I used to complain about the unown ruins and because i was like 7 or 8 playing it I had no idea what it said. and of course I remeber that puzzle that lyed in the ruins.
    what did it say?.

Years
    The only complaint I have is the new girl, I like her, don't get me wrong. It's just that I never got to play Crystal, so I never played as Kris before. I'll be happy to play as the new girl though. I think she looks pretty neat.

Back