• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • As threads was complaining about pokewalker commericals, merged with the Complaints thread.

(I've seen no ads here yet for hgss over here...might be though due to a lack of watching tv =P)

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
  • One question I've had about the Pokewalker is how XP is gained while a Pokemon is stored on there. Do they gain a point per step, ala the Day Care, or is it something different?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • 1 step = 1 experience pt. But this isn't the place for questions, it's for complaining. ;P Try the Help thread sticky next time you have a question, please.

Skitty Crazy

I want cake.
    Years
  • My only complaint is the lack of a confirmed GS ball event.

And we'll probably never get one.

I'm still very bitter about never getting one for GSC. So I was hoping THIS would make up for it... I wanted a shiny Celebi!

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    There is a celebi event though in this one it doesn't use the gs ball though.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Bell Tower?

So, I just looked on Serebii, and what do I see? The Tin Tower is now called the Bell Tower. :O So they take out the Slot Machines, and now this?!?! |:< I mean, before:
    Brass Tower and Tin tower.

Now:
    Brass Tower and... Bell Tower? :(

Not only has the theme of the towers being named after metals is gone, but in my opinion, Bell Tower... just doesn't sound as good as Tin Tower... Yeah, the nostalgia's gone now. :\

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

So, I just looked on Serbii, and what do i see? The Tin Tower is now called the Bell Tower. :O So they take out the Slot Machines, and now this?!?! |:< I mean, before:

Now:

Yeah, the nostalgia's gone now. :\

So, Ho-Oh should live in a tower made a food packaging metal?

Useless...

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • So, Ho-Oh should live in a tower made a food packaging metal?

Useless...

True, but now the theme of the towers being named after metals is gone. :\ Additionally, if they changed the name of the region to something else, it just wouldn't be the same. The Tin... or sadly Bell Tower is a significant place (especially of Heart Gold), and nw that it's name has been changed (imo) the game just won't be the same. :\

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • It wasn't very significant anyway. Most people call the Brass Tower the Burned Tower (I think) and Tin Tower has no other significance. It's not like with the Sprout Tower.

In the Japanese version the Brass Tower is just Metal Tower, which would seem weird coupled with Tin Tower anyway.

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Whaat ?? *checks map on HG ROM (US)* .

WHAAAAT ???

Why evil Nintendo , you don't have money for food packaging but for creating tycoons like Pokemon or Mario ? Well , we'll se later who hacks into your names from the game ... *goes into the shadow ...*

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
  • There are Bells at the top of the tower, Bells are used to summon Ho-oh, Bell Tower has a nice ring (no pun intended) to it. There could be worse things but changing Tin Tower to Bell Tower was not really a bad move.

I don't remember if there were bells inside the tower, but I know there are at the very top where the main event takes place.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2020
    So, I just looked on Serebii, and what do I see? The Tin Tower is now called the Bell Tower. :O So they take out the Slot Machines, and now this?!?! |:< I mean, before:

Now:

Not only has the theme of the towers being named after metals is gone, but in my opinion, Bell Tower... just doesn't sound as good as Tin Tower... Yeah, the nostalgia's gone now. :\

560cool. said:
    Whaat ?? *checks map on HG ROM (US)* .

WHAAAAT ???

Why evil Nintendo , you don't have money for food packaging but for creating tycoons like Pokemon or Mario ? Well , we'll se later who hacks into your names from the game ... *goes into the shadow ...*

Aside from the fact that a bell is used to summon Ho-Oh, (and that "Tin Tower never made a lot of sense anyway), everyone seems to be forgetting that Gold & Silver came out in '99. "Tin Tower" bears more than an awkward resemblance to "Twin Towers".

Respect for national tragedies beats individual nostalgia.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Aside from the fact that a bell is used to summon Ho-Oh, (and that "Tin Tower never made a lot of sense anyway), everyone seems to be forgetting that Gold & Silver came out in '99. "Tin Tower" bears more than an awkward resemblance to "Twin Towers".

Respect for national tragedies beats individual nostalgia.

I agree. At first I thought it was weird, but thinking about it now, the game was released before 9-11. It's like the Registeel sprite had to be changed for the European games because of the Nazi salute.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I hate how when you get on your bike it takes like 3 seconds for your pokemon to get into its pokeball,like it wastes time and its annoying to use the bike because of that >.>

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    The cell phone is annoying

so many pointless calls, im not giving my # out anymore lol

Ayselipera

So far the only thing I don't like is the English names for the Team Rocket Executives. For some reason I thought they were going to be the same as the Japanese ones and I was really disappointed when I walked into Slowpoke Well and ended up facing Proton instead of Lance. D: Things like that bother me.

Back