• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Completed Red/Blue? You're a POKEMON KILLER

Editman

Pokemon Collector
Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    O_O I'm a murderer!!!!!!!!!

*pulls out a cigarette and a black leather jacket*

Tree_x

Breeder
    Years
  • That was a very long time ago that any of us played Red/Blue and Honestly back then your attention span was like nothing so you
    probably
    rapidly pressed A and never read a thing like myself :O but if anything it is good to know that people still have the time to
    analyze
    old versions and i say you
    totally
    killed
    raticate
    !

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Well I feel no sympathy:P I have no liking for rats [of real or Pokémon sort]

I'm still confused how a Pokémon can die if not in battle [where it simply faints]
    The story about Cubone's mom always gets me though :'(

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
  • OMG... I never thought of it like that. I always wondered what happened to Red's Raticate. It just dissapeared... I wuz liek wut? And then all of a sudden I see him at Lavendar Tower.

Never made the connection.
    Genius, dude.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • One can infer that the Raticate did passed away, while another would assume that Blue just stored it away. Either way, we'll never know.

In my opinion, I don't think that Nintendo and Game Freak would include something like your rival's dead Raticate in a game.

fishrocker

the fish that rocks
    Years
  • I always thought he stored it because Raticate is kinda wimpy compared to Charizard, Gyarodos, Rhydon, etc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    I killed a Pokemon? Wait... I already killed an ant. And I thought he lent/stored it.

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • You know, I never thought of it like that. The only problem would be that the cruise ship was hardly loaded with passengers on the outside. Every passenger was inside of their room, giving Blue a simple way to exit out.

NatureKeeper

Umm... We are the trouble makers here, not Gary.

And besides, think in a +ve way. Maybe, he was just checking out the ghosts or something, and he found Raticate's weak and put it in the PC and replaced it with a Gyarados.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    Always thought that was interesting that he didn't have his Raticate anymore.
    Anyway, if that were true, all his Pokemon would have died.
    It's also possible to bypass St. Anne, I believe.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    It's a raticate. I'm pretty sure he didn't care that much, even if it is the whiny sore loser known as Gary.

Astro*Zombies

Psychic & Ghost Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Hmm...never really thought about it till i read this thread lol...oh well i hate blue anyways.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Bleh, effing hate raticate anyways >.>

...but wow, and I used to think it was your rival who was the jerk ._____.

Amarantine

The psychic baritone ♠
    Years
  • Lol how sad. In any case, ratattas are like freaking roaches, specially near pallet town. I guess the developers got tired of them too and killed Blue's raticate just for the sake of it, lmao

Back