• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • I don't think we're getting anything else. Little disappointed that we didn't get any specifics on the Pikachus or Contests, but I am glad we got Mega Altaria and Mence. (don't really care for Lopunny personally)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I have a question -

A Pokemon can use only 4 move So If Pikachu learn new move via ''Dress up'' then shouldn't it require Pikachu to forget one Move ? Also what happen when Pikachu dress get Remove ? Does it Forget the Move ?

Honestly , I prefer if I could teach Greninja or Internape ''Meteor Mash'' ! Its like a steel version of ''Power Up Punch'' that work against Ghost type.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • IMO it's unfair that Salamence gets a Mega before Dragonite. :(

And, of all the cool Sinnoh Pokémon that could get Megas, they choose Lopunny. Bleh.

How? Garchomp, Tyranitar, and Metagross (at least announcement wise) got Megas before Dragonite too. I bet Mega Dragonite will be in the game(s).

@ Famon I am guessing it'll be similar to Rotom's forme's moves. Btw anyone thinks that perhaps these forms will be carried over to other games? Or could these be the only place we use them? If they do reappear I can see them gating a type, similar to how Rotom's formes changed their secondary type of ghost to match their moves.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    And, of all the cool Sinnoh Pokémon that could get Megas, they choose Lopunny. Bleh.
    So you just admitted Lopunny is a cool Pokémon.

Spoiler:

A Pokemon can use only 4 move So If Pikachu learn new move via ''Dress up'' then shouldn't it require Pikachu to forget one Move ? Also what happen when Pikachu dress get Remove ? Does it Forget the Move?
    This is not made clear. I assume it learns the move by dressing up and can keep it, and who knows, maybe it's an Egg Move too...but if it only learns it for a contest role, maybe it can't learn the actual move.

Maybe if they do contests enough and perfect the move there, they can learn the moves.

We'll see!

Years
  • Oh CoroCoro Discussion thread, how I missed thee. I can see Pikachu being asked to forget a move upon changing outfits (much like Rotom); as for when it changes back, maybe it'll be replaced by an Electric move--perhaps Volt Tackle? If it can use the move outside of battle, that'd be pretty interesting. Just imagine Pikachu Belle Icicle Crashing Ground types XD

As for the Megas, I'm looking forward to seeing how much their stats increase, or if any stats'll decrease. I initially thought Mega Salamence was gonna have reduced defenses, but it was stated it'll have increased Defense, so that's not the case XD (Well, it's still possible it'll have reduced Special Defense. It'd be nice if its Special Attack were reduced, though, since it mostly functions as a physical attacker now, if memory serves.)

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • How? Garchomp, Tyranitar, and Metagross (at least announcement wise) got Megas before Dragonite too. I bet Mega Dragonite will be in the game(s).

I don't think so. These games are Hoenn fanservice, most of the Megas will be Hoenn Pokémon.

I mentioned Salamence because Dragonite and Salamence have a lot of parallels with each other.

So you just admitted Lopunny is a cool Pokémon.

That was a disaster. :P

But I don't like "cute" Pokémon, so I'm bummed that Lopunny got a Mega instead of something like Drapion.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • IMO it's unfair that Salamence gets a Mega before Dragonite. :(

To be fair, they give fan favorite Pokémon Mega Evolutions. Lopunny, unfortunately, is among those fan favorites. Thanks, Rule 34.

I think we should be glad Dragonite isn't getting one anytime soon, because it's bad enough we have to deal with one having Multi-Scale, imagine his Mega Evolution being much bulkier and close to Multi-Scale's level in case the ability gets replaced.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • ALL of the MEGAS are AWESOME!

Salamence looks like a Jet/ Space Ship

Altaria - not the wort dragon any more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dragon/Fairy

Lopony...... Did not see that coming but it is cool

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Hahaha, X gets the square.

But I don't like "cute" Pokémon, so I'm bummed that Lopunny got a Mega instead of something like Drapion.
    Frankly, I was surprised Lopunny got one. But I guess they weren't going to go into the chains that went from Generation I or II that much. I mean, can you imagine Magmar, which got a baby form in Generation II, then a final evo. in Generation IV, and then getting a Mega in Generation VI? They have a limited pool if you look at it that way. But yeah, Lopunny might not be the best choice.

I'll wait and judge; after all, others have been banned by Smogon for being overpowered, and this Mega might see Lopunny used more online. Frankly, that's not a bad thing. Especially since I have a 6IV 4EM Lv.1 Buneary waiting in the wings; I'd like to try it out here.

And let's remember that Dawn has a Buneary. There may be an animé arc here!

Years
  • I don't think so. These games are Hoenn fanservice, most of the Megas will be Hoenn Pokémon.

I mentioned Salamence because Dragonite and Salamence have a lot of parallels with each other.

Oh, sorry about that. I meant to put the word next before the word "game(s)".

Cute mons deserve Megas too <3
    They certainly do, but at least now Salamence won't be seen as a Dragonite clone <3

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Mega Altaria is my new favourite Mega evolved Pokémon! I already thought Altaria was one of the best Pokémon of all, but now just look at her! Not to mention she's part Fairy type too. n_n

Years
  • If Buneary/Lopunny are available in the Hoenn Dex, people could recreate Team Charm in ORAS 8) Seriously, though, I can see it being included, but I can also see it being a post-game Pokemon. I mean, most the Pokemon to receive Megas in XY were in the Kalos Dex; the one exception is Blaziken, which was event-only. I also assume Diancie's not gonna be part of the Hoenn Dex, but like Blaziken it's also event-only. However, it's also a line that's only available via transfer in XY, so the post-game might be a good way to include it.

Years
  • If Buneary/Lopunny are available in the Hoenn Dex, people could recreate Team Charm in ORAS 8) Seriously, though, I can see it being included, but I can also see it being a post-game Pokemon. I mean, most the Pokemon to receive Megas in XY were in the Kalos Dex; the one exception is Blaziken, which was event-only. I also assume Diancie's not gonna be part of the Hoenn Dex, but like Blaziken it's also event-only. However, it's also a line that's only available via transfer in XY, so the post-game might be a good way to include it.

Besides, XY had post game Megas for Pokemon in it's dex. So even if Lopunny isn't in the dex it wouldn't be so bad as those who were in the Kalos dex and had to wait on their Mega stones. Right now Lopunny being in the Hoenn dex seems to be a toss up. I hope they include Mismagius.

Years
  • I don't know if it was said before, but if you will look into the page where the new megas introduced, you will notice there is a circle divine into four pieces, with each of the pieces showcasing another new mega. Given the fact we only saw three, it is safe to assume that when the official corocoro will be released we will find about another new mega.

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I don't know if it was said before, but if you will look into the page where the new megas introduced, you will notice there is a circle divine into for pieces, with each of the pieces showcasing another new mega. Given the fact we only saw three, it is safe to assume that when the official corocoro will be released we will find about another new mega.

Hmmm... You're right. Nothing below mega altaria.
    There's room for one more mega!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back