• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
  • This is fan theory about meteorites plus something else... Might contain spoilers so I'll just put it in the tag.

Spoiler:

Years
  • You know, I feel like the games are being watered down anymore to be for younger and younger audiences, with little to no appeal to older fans at all. I know they were always kid's games, but seriously, it's not even real gambling, they could have just replaced it with regular mini-games like Pokemon-ified versions of classic arcade games and have it over with, I mean, what am I going to do when I'm not in the mood for constant battling (since I was never a big fan of contests) asides from not playing the games at all?

While I certainly don't think the game corners should of been taken out... I will say that the game corners were about the most frustrating thing I have ever come across.... I might of just been bad at them lol... but it seemed to take me ages to make any ground towards getting something.

The Game Corner has pretty much been non-existent since 4th Gen, and it all started with the slot machines being unable to be played on European copies of Platinum, and then they nerfed all non-Japanese regions in HG/SS by throwing in the annoyance that is the Voltorb Flip and then starting from 5th Gen they decide to make it a thing of the past by having no Game Corner present at all.

Parents also had fears the Game Corner promoted gambling and that could have lead to their kids suffering gambling addictions later in life. Sadly it had to be watered down so that Game Freak's image wouldn't be tarnished.

Also, another update on Kristhofer's progress on Twitter:
    Spoiler:

BriCKson

Rarely comes out of Trade Corner... O.o
    Years
  • Ya same for me. Game Stop in the states where I live is doing the midnight release! Yay.... Its going to be a tiring next day at class/work.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I snapped this screenshot from a livestream I'm watching on Twitch, it's a pretty cool addition.

Spoiler:

But it just makes me wonder, how is this going to work with Groudon? LOL.

Years
  • I snapped this screenshot from a livestream I'm watching on Twitch, it's a pretty cool addition.

Spoiler:

But it just makes me wonder, how is this going to work with Groudon? LOL.

What, um, what are they doing? Is it Dive? I'm so confused and conflicted over this picture.

EDIT: I love how they're shortening learnsets lol Exploud would learn moves all the way up to 85 in X/Y and now its last move is at 65 (Which most wouldn't care about since Boomburst is learnt at 58). The same thing happens to quite a few Pokemon. They're making them learn moves just a few levels between.

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    What, um, what are they doing? Is it Dive? I'm so confused and conflicted over this picture.

Spoiler:

But yeah, Kyogre is supposed to be like 15' long so I mean... lol

Years
  • Spoiler:

But yeah, Kyogre is supposed to be like 15' long so I mean... lol

Wow, no wonder some Pokemon are so small if people are nearly Kyogre size....

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    EDIT: I love how they're shortening learnsets lol Exploud would learn moves all the way up to 85 in X/Y and now its last move is at 65 (Which most wouldn't care about since Boomburst is learnt at 58). The same thing happens to quite a few Pokemon. They're making them learn moves just a few levels between.

Is there a pastebin or something with this information?! Because I'm trying to plan my team and a couple Pokémon require evolutionary stones so I'd be beside myself if they ended up learning moves earlier than I thought!! I hate playing through a game with an evolutionary stone Pokémon, waiting for it to learn one specific move which it doesn't get until like the 50s when the rest of my entire team is already fully evolved, lol.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Iposted this some where else, but it may belong here as well, members check with your game stores, mine is doing a midnight thing for these games tomorrow, well today for me and some others, I did call and confirm it.

Years
  • Is there a pastebin or something with this information?! Because I'm trying to plan my team and a couple Pokémon require evolutionary stones so I'd be beside myself if they ended up learning moves earlier than I thought!! I hate playing through a game with an evolutionary stone Pokémon, waiting for it to learn one specific move which it doesn't get until like the 50s when the rest of my entire team is already fully evolved, lol.

From PlatinumDude:

https://pastebin.com/s0sUSrHf

Final level-up moves for all Pokemon in OR/AS if anyone's interested.

Notes:
    -Mudkip should've had Rock Throw since R/S/E. I totally called Marshtomp and Swampert learning Rock Slide instead of Rock Throw. And looks like those who'll start with Mudkip will be stuck with Water Gun, a 40 BP move, as a Water STAB until they get Surf from Wally's dad.
    -Why didn't Sceptile have Dual Chop in B2/W2? Also, Grovyle gets Leaf Blade earlier now, so that's something, I guess. If I were to train a Treecko, I'd postpone its evolution till level 21 for Giga Drain.
    -Glalie confirmed for Freeze-Dry
    -Why didn't Slaking get Play Rough?
    -Brave Bird is now a level-up move for Taillow/Swellow. Neat, considering that it was an egg move in the past
    -The Ralts line now has Fairy STABs before Moonblast
    -What's with Milotic and the random physical moves it gets?
    -Shroomish gets Spore earlier, but you still have to hold off of evolving it to get it. >_>
    -Does anyone here remember the times being creamed by Whismur's Uproars early-game in R/S/E? Well, those days are long gone
    -Marill and Azumarill get Play Rough earlier, so that's neat for in-game purposes
    -Aron line now has Rock STAB, when they didn't have any in the past
    -Electrike line still has the problem of being stuck with physical moves early on
    -I'm so glad they expanded Trapinch's level-up move pool in the past 3 generations; I still remember Trapinch hunting in Gen III and Trapinch itself being stuck with 3 moves being caught, 2 of the same type and working off of its weaker offensive stat
    -Bagon line's level-up moves are arranged much better; IMO, it was unreasonable for Bagon to learn Ember at level 25.
    -If Kyogre and Groudon are to be encountered at the same levels in the past (45), wearing them down for capture will be a tad difficult

Iposted this some where else, but it may belong here as well, members check with your game stores, mine is doing a midnight thing for these games tomorrow, well today for me and some others, I did call and confirm it.

There are 3 Gamestops near where I live (well, 'near' being at least 30 minutes away) and only 1 of them is doing a midnight release. It got a lot of people angry cause the one doing the midnight release doesn't really get a lot of business (it was built in the older section of the town) and they only have limited stock and not really planning on getting extras for people who preordered at another store.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • From PlatinumDude:

There are 3 Gamestops near where I live (well, 'near' being at least 30 minutes away) and only 1 of them is doing a midnight release. It got a lot of people angry cause the one doing the midnight release doesn't really get a lot of business (it was built in the older section of the town) and they only have limited stock and not really planning on getting extras for people who preordered at another store.

This is a first for me, my GS has never done this for pokemon only the more popular (in their eyes not mine) but I just got the news earlier today. With the COD-Ghost they gave the games out at 10pm, I hoping they will do it with these games as well.

Years
  • This is a first for me, my GS has never done this for pokemon only the more popular (in their eyes not mine) but I just got the news earlier today. With the COD-Ghost they gave the games out at 10pm, I hoping they will do it with these games as well.

I think a Gamestop in my area opened early to sell Black/White, but never a midnight release of a Pokemon game. I will tell you though, bring really warm clothes, something to drink (you should probably eat before you get there. We tried to bring pizza and half ended up on the parking lot), and a way to get in touch with the people around you encase you get split up. I don't remember what game it was that I went to a midnight release for (probably a shooter? I know it was on ps3) but there were tons of idiots there that kept trying to push people to the door. Also, DO NOT BRING CHILDREN!

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I think a Gamestop in my area opened early to sell Black/White, but never a midnight release of a Pokemon game. I will tell you though, bring really warm clothes, something to drink (you should probably eat before you get there. We tried to bring pizza and half ended up on the parking lot), and a way to get in touch with the people around you encase you get split up. I don't remember what game it was that I went to a midnight release for (probably a shooter? I know it was on ps3) but there were tons of idiots there that kept trying to push people to the door. Also, DO NOT BRING CHILDREN!

Well with mine (I'm hoping) as with Ghost, if you already fully paid for the game, you go there at 6pm and get a receipt that marks it as so and you get in before all others that didn't pay theirs off, mine have been paid off for months now.

Years
  • Well with mine (I'm hoping) as with Ghost, if you already fully paid for the game, you go there at 6pm and get a receipt that marks it as so and you get in before all others that didn't pay theirs off, mine have been paid off for months now.

Ah. We got there really late (like, right after 11pm late because of work) and it was packed with people and they were only letting so many in at a time. Thought we would just get something to eat while we waited. Yeah, bad idea.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Ah. We got there really late (like, right after 11pm late because of work) and it was packed with people and they were only letting so many in at a time. Thought we would just get something to eat while we waited. Yeah, bad idea.

I hate to say this, but I am hoping for not a big come out for this as most are kids, have school on Friday (I'm not one and don't got to school) so I am hoping for an in and out and playing within 2 minutes or how ever long it takes me to get the box opened.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back