• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Contests?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I agree actully.
    Im no fan of contests,but when i see it on anime I get intrested.
    But im pretty sure they wont add contest and If they did,It would be the same as D/P.

I fthey don't then they would be making it like what they did to FRLG. Also, if they did then I also think they would make it like the contests in DPPt, even though it could have been done better.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would love for them to add contests in the game for this remake. If not like the anime, then make it somewhat different than the rest.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Contests would really give me more to do in the game, especially trying to work on beating it. Except, if they add in contests then they would most likely be adding in some kind of PokéBlock or Poffin Maker into the game too.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • I'm guessing it's going to be the same situation as with the daycare centre in FR/LG. They put it on the Sevii islands, maybe HG/SS will have a contest island or something?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Putting the contests after the Elite Four on one of the Sevii islands sounds like a good idea. I mean yeah you would have to wait a little longer than usual to enter it, but at least you still can enter them.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I've never really liked contests.
    I'm really rubbish at them.
    I've never really got the concept, and they don't exactly fill me with excitement...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they add contests, I'm hoping they change up the contestants, because it did get a little dull having to see the same Pokémon and trainers compete against you in DPPt. Also, dancing, if they bring it back, what can I say, I'm going to have to dance...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yes having different contestants would be nice. I did like the idea of how they made the gym leader and some of the other characters come in the contests though.

I wouldn't mind throwing in the dance part again, as I actually liked that part.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Will/should there be contests, and if so, What city?

I think they should have them and they should be in Goldenrod or Celedon.
    I think those cities would be good place for the contests. It would be nice if we could see some cameos of at least two people in the Contestant Hall meaning one from the Hoenn and one from the Sinnoh region.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they put in contest, I don't think the Sevii Isalnds might be the best place for it. Goldenrod of all would be more than suitable enough.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't mind contest. There should be one in Johto and Kanto and the contest should be the same way as the anime.

I like this idea. For the ones in the Kanto they should add on a more challenging level to it as well, just for the fun.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
  • I would like them to add contests, it gives you something to do once the game is finished besides training, and also a side thing during the storyline if you want a break from battling.

I would like it DPP style, because with the dancing even if you don't have good berries to make pokeblocks/poffins you still have a better chance to win instead of just with your moves.

Years
  • I liked the Sinnoh contests. (Easier than the Hoenn contests. I kept choosing Keira in Pt and no one else chose her. ^_^ Master rank is tough, though if you don't have enough good items or if your "****" thing is full, but the contest stats aren't high enough. There are ***'s that show you how much poffin you fed the pokemon. I have full beauty on my Milotic, but it doesn't know any good beauty moves, and I still need more items for the contest.)

I would like to see contests in Johto, because then I could use my starter in a contest or at least breed it with a Ditto and let the baby of the starter be in contests. If not, I'll just trade it to Platinum. No biggie. :)

Yes, contests would be a nice addition to Johto. (I was a little disappointed that they weren't in there in FrLg...)

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
  • I echo the sentiment that if they do decide to put contests in, they should make them more fun and vital to the game.

This also brings to mind the issue of berries... will they bring back old-school Aprikorns and PSNcures?

Years
  • I was thinking of what you would use to raise the Pokemons' coolness, beauty, etc.. Instead of Pokéblocks or Poffins, Could they give the apricorns another use? Like, you'd have Kurt but in another city, someone else makes something out of the apricorns.

Just an idea, but it makes sence to me.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I was thinking of what you would use to raise the Pokemons' coolness, beauty, etc.. Instead of Pokéblocks or Poffins, Could they give the apricorns another use? Like, you'd have Kurt but in another city, someone else makes something out of the apricorns.

Just an idea, but it makes sence to me.

I was thinking the same thing

Back