• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Application for Spirited Away

This is a significant rewrite, and significantly better than the one prior! Wow, I've got a great feel for Marcus now, and his background is particularly rich. He's a discerning character for sure.

Well, I don't have any discrepancies with your second revision. But now we've come to a point where I will ask a question as Castiel to Marcus. Please respond in-character as Marcus would:

Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)
    I've read your application, Marcus. I see you're the type to challenge people and yourself, which isn't a bad thing, especially for the Festival coming up. But here, we compete differently. We compete in sales, here. I want to know, say you had a difficult customer with a surly attitude, or a taunting nature. Now be completely honest with me: How would you handle a rude customer?

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Thank you, Jauntier! That means a lot. ^__^

The Quilava pondered the question for a few seconds. "If a rude customer came into the store? I'll admit, I would consider being upfront against whoever it was, if it was only me and I was outside. Or probably ignore them." He added the last part as an afterthought, with a small shrug. Then he hifted his position, standing up straighter. "But because I work here, my decision would not only affect me, would it?" He paused for about four full seconds, imagining a possible scenario. "Well, I'd probably think they were having a bad day and would attempt not to take them too seriously or personally, since I have been in similar situations. I would simply try to be polite and helpful. I would ask them what they were looking for, since if they bothered entering the store. Maybe, if the chance arose, I would try talking to them, about the source that is bothering them. Who knows, they could genuinely find the solution to their problem among the store's merchandise."

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)
    ... Alright, Leila. I've read your application. Take a look to my left. No, my left. Yes, now do you see that tall stack of papers? These are applications that list job skills all too short and similar to your own. Everybody's sociable; everybody's a hard worker. Often times people are only telling me what they hear. As for you, the little bit of information you've given me about a unique skill, finally, ends up being in flower arrangement. I hardly have any use for that in my store. So now you tell me: What makes you a standout from all these other applicants? Don't even think about falling back on your appearance, or this piece of paper will go in the trash, instead.
    "Well..." Leila began uncertainly. Castiel was a bit intimidating. "I haven't read the other applications, so I'm not really sure how I measure up to them, but I know I'm creative, if that helps. My friends are always commenting on how creative my ideas are, and I really like to make crafts." She paused, thinking for a moment. "I also have a lot of enthusiasm for everything, and that can convince mon that things I suggest really are good. I know it's helped me sell things at my parents' juice shop. I can also chat with customers and I could slip in a suggestion to buy something without them really realizing what I'm doing." She gave a somewhat sheepish grin. "I actually do that a lot, not even on purpose, if there's something I like myself. Which I'm sure there will be in your store. Because, you know, I like charms and mystical things." Almost as an afterthought, she added, "And I could make customers want to keep coming back, because I'm so friendly and I can make them feel like they're welcome. Oh, and I don't really get angry, so I won't hold any grudges against my co-workers." She finished with a shrug, and gave Castiel a small smile. "To be honest, I'm not really used to standing out."

Jauntier

Years
  • Solar Snivy said:
    Isa_theDT said:

Alright.

I've read these responses and will factor them in with the overall applications.

This wasn't easy, but after a while, the deciding factor really all came down to the potential of a moveset to be, well, exploited.

In which case, Leila the Cherrim has been accepted.

Welcome aboard, Solar Snivy! I'll PM you your private resources.

I really appreciate you coming back around for me, Isa. I really, truly do. You are absolutely free to stay and chat up this OOC whenever you like, and to follow along with the IC as well. You're always welcome in my spaces, after all. Why, you might find Cornered 2.0 to be just as fascinating, if not more so than the original!

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Isa, Cat, you two could always hang out with me.

Oh, okay... I understand. I'm not very attractive as a lady nor am I hunky as a man. I also smell.

WELCOME SNIVY! YOU STOLE MY SPOT, MY KIRLIA WILL MAKE YOUR CHERRIM SUFFER

I should probably update that banner in the future. I will literally photoshop Leila over Silver.

Spoiler:

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024

I'm glad you do. :) I really missed you and Disclosed, you kept things intersting before things happend. I think it was unfair, but well, I guess it's in the past now. If you mean The Cave, which I did hear someone said you were in, I don't think it's really my kind of place. Maybe another RP sometime, but who knows. And about reading the IC chat, yes, I do find it interesting to read even if I can not participate, from what I did read I find it kind of more detailed, and I guess you can already see what worked on the past and improve things.

Anyways, I undrstand your decision and it's honestly a bit relieving, though a bit sad as well. So congrats, Snivy.

Now to everyone else, sorry I didn't reply, I was just focused on getting things right with my character.

Disclosed, (can I go back to calling you Blinky? I think that was one of your nicknames before? ^^) about your comment of Rose, it's nice of you to say that, and for Jauntier to think that as well. I did not want to make things unfair with Rose, which was why I only tried to make her change when it was absolutely necessary, like when she changed into a Pidgeotto to exit the window of Spirited Away.

Ech, I still think that's a good idea, about us making cameos as guest customers. But who knows, Jauntier may already have an idea of his customers. And sure, I will keep you company, though in a non-pervy way, btw. xP And your banner of Leila were cute.

Kiyo, I think that would be a fun idea. Haven't read much about any character in particular, but it sure sounds interesting with the Typhlosion being your MC's friend.

XTrashy, don't worry about it too much, maybe you or Jauntier can come up with some kind of herbal medicine plant or something that prevents Spora from combusting?

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
  • Ms. Isa is just so sweet about this that it physically hurts me.
    Anyways, welcome aboard, Ms. Solar Snivy, looking forward to existing in the same plane as you.

I hope to see Ms. Isa and Ms. Ech both show up at some point during Doomsday in Jubilee and properly ruffle some feathers!

Now, let's all sit down and see what Mr. Foxrally has whipped up for--

Oh Arceus it's beautiful

Jauntier

Years
  • Watching that low quality video with Druag dancing around erratically had me rolling. I don't know why. It's probably because he's actually a cripple, so by comparison, it was like "Look at what I can do with legs now!"

I'll be making a GM post either tonight or tomorrow morning, when I can get the chance. Gabriel is going to have a meeting with a certain character.

You have 36 hours by the time of this post to update the IC with your character.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    YESH! Gabriel is the only one who gets this honor. I am touched, Jauntier.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    I feel like... My posts aren't interesting enough to read. What can I do to make my posts more fascinating. Descriptions, details? I don't know what to do.

Jauntier

Years
  • dud190 said:
    I feel like... My posts aren't interesting enough to read. What can I do to make my posts more fascinating. Descriptions, details? I don't know what to do.

Dud. I'm going to be very straightforward with you right now, and I'm doing so because I genuinely want you to do well here:

You're cutting it this close beyond the end of your 8 day posting cycle, having not been dependent on another character's action to proceed since that time. Now is not the time to act self-consciously over something trivial.

If you really are so concerned about "uninteresting" posts, it has nothing to do with how you dress it up, my friend. It has everything to do with what actions are taken in the post. Character posts like Orx's Druag and Kiyo (formerly Collector Elwood)'s Cicaro are not "fascinating" because the writers themselves have an advanced hold on language. It is because their posts either build on actions that progress the story in their own way, or develops their character when they cannot. Xtrashy's posts for Spora are not by comparison so literary, but that is a combination of her style of writing and her character, who is chronically indifferent and matter-of-fact, two things she has combined very well that plays that gets her character clear cut across.

Amaryllis has told Benicle over a week ago on the IC to go into the office and get Rina's medicine, because a character is choking to death. These were clear instructions. Your character is an Ninjask, which is the second fastest Pokemon to date, behind Speed Deoxys; Benicle's personality is supposed to be rash with an annoyance in being told he's wrong, wanting to make himself some friends, and has the ultimate goal of learning to become a more well-rounded citizen so that his old town can accept him back from exile. If you cannot imagine how your character will fulfill his task in this situation, you need to sit down and play Benicle as you wrote him to be and stick to it. Your character is a giant wealth of untapped potential. Benicle as a character is far from underwhelming.

Kiyo has been trying to get in touch with you in the past week for a collaborative post for Benicle's encounter with Cicaro for the medicine. He tells me he has not been successful in getting anything out of you. Now you just do not have the time to, especially since Kiyo went ahead and posted three or four days ago without you, as he should have.

I have nothing else to tell you, Dud. What I have advised you to do is nothing new, as I already told you all of this after concern with your last post. You need to make a post before this deadline.

Last edited:

Jauntier

Years
  • Wait, what's this...

A new Benicle post...?

Is this a...

Ok...

Ok...

YES.

BENICLE MADE AN EMOTIONAL BREAKTHROUGH.

DUD I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!

Everyone read the new Benicle post! Look at that character development! Benicle is growing as a citizen!

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • HEY CATMAN

YOU STAYING MUH BOI, I COULD USE A SIDEKICK LURKING HERE

WHAT DOES LEILA LOOK LIKE IN HER NOT-OVERCAST FORME, I DON'T KNOW I JUST MADE HER LOOK LIKE CASTIEL AND MARY'S LOVE CHILD.

AW DANG I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING FOR CAT AND ISA SO I'M NOT A JERK. AND I HAVE TO MAKE GABE, FML
    This is absolutely awesome.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • Foxrally's video is the best.
    Ech, you are my favorite person. That's the most adorable picture ever.

WHAT DOES LEILA LOOK LIKE IN HER NOT-OVERCAST FORME, I DON'T KNOW I JUST MADE HER LOOK LIKE CASTIEL AND MARY'S LOVE CHILD.
    I imagined she looked more like this in half-overcast:
    Spoiler:

See, the petals fold forward, but they don't curve in a different direction than they were already facing. Minor detail though; you were close enough.

Also,
    I should probably update that banner in the future.
    Maybe you should add in Sam if you do this.

Jauntier

Years
  • So, this is the start of the Milton saga.

I felt like I'd introduce him early.

Tell me your thoughts on Milton.

Milton would like to know.

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Isa straight up also gave me diabetes with her post. Hnnngggg (oh god she thinks I'm actually into perverted antics, nooooooo, I really am a chaste lady)

This is a pretty horrible mentality to go by and I hope it doesn't keep plaguing your productivity in the future. I mean, I know almost every writer and artist in existence is plagued by some sort of inferiority complex, but it's not healthy to assume that your work is being overshadowed by everyone else and constantly angst over it. Yes, some people will have preferences in terms of individual writing styles and characters, but Cornered is a slice-of-life sitcom focusing on a ragtag team of misfits and every character that's currently participating serves a component to a wholesome image that embodies the theme of Cornered. It's like a spoiled sandwich that Milton should eat; Ammy and Castiel are the stale bread slices that bind these ingredients (the cast) together into one delicious barf-bag. Maybe I like expired cheese over the dirty lettuce, but it's not like I'm going to eat that cheese all on its own.

See, the petals fold forward, but they don't curve in a different direction than they were already facing. Minor detail though; you were close enough.

I interpreted "mask" in your description as the petals concealing the majority of her face in some manner. I tried to stylize it so she didn't look silly. Heck, considering she's joining the edgy pawn shop of trinkets and charms, I thought her half-dormant form should invoke a look that conveyed some sense of enigma. But please keep in mind that my pictures are literally just fan-art based on my own interpretations of the characters' general appearance and thus I don't really expect anyone to take them as canon for the IC. I always appreciate appreciation for my stuff, though. Does this mean I can play as a Mimikyu for your Camp RP

I really love how gregarious this OOC can really be. A new member joins and one of the player goes out of his way to make a memetic video in celebration of her welcome, while some scrub draws inaccurate fan-art. I also love how Cat, despite unfortunately not being able to join due to lack of time, still makes the effort to drop by and contribute to this thread even if it's just loitering to mukpost not that we do anything that isn't actually frivolous. I really do hope Cat and Isa drop by occasionally. We should start our own band, or maybe a revolution to overthrow Jaunt.

Milton is a fat, poo-poo butthead and he smells.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Tell me your thoughts on Milton.

0/10 do not trust him

I feel like he's gonna be that character. I bet he's gonna be incredibly destructive or annoying and the stores are going to have a constant side-plot where they try to pass him off to the other.

Also bonus points if he ends up being related to Goro so we can't be outwardly mean to him or else we'll get boned. And not in the way Cicaro wants to get boned by Goro.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • It's like a spoiled sandwich that Milton should eat; Ammy and Castiel are the stale bread slices that bind these ingredients (the cast) together into one delicious barf-bag.

That was a beautiful metaphor, Ech.

Also I'm pretty sure Elwood'd prediction is correct, Milton's gonna end up being the little fucknugget that screws up everything to a level even Sam and Errol can't reach. And therefore, I am extremely hype for him.

On a side note, I compiled a list of every Pokemon that's been seen in the RP so far (which I could remember). First two rows are the employees, third row is every 'mon who had to leave the RP or unfortunately never made it in, and last row are the non-employee characters who appeared in the IC. That amounts up to 24/721 Pokemon total. Good going, guys!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • On a side note, I compiled a list of every Pokemon that's been seen in the RP so far.

You forgot the Heracross that appeared in Cicaro's first post and all the store owners in State your Business. Also all of the people in Draug's past and Gabriel's backstory fics. Also Blair's traitorous magic partner, any mentioned siblings/parents of characters, etc.

get on my level you halogen

On Milton, I'm kinda hoping my prediction is wrong; I hate characters that are purposely created to be annoying for the sake of annoying and stupidity, so I hope Milton has a bit more substance to his antics if he's truly here to fuck everything up.​

Back