• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Danger-seeker here, no good ;; Working on changing it haha. Or well, just not..needing to need scares or danger.

And I looked it up, was more obvious than I thought lol. The dark creature represents 'night', and his horse is a mare, so that's nightmare.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Haha I always thought you went through sleep paralysis if you tried to lucid dream by unconventional means, such as sleep in a certain way etc.

If you pull it off though it's pretty cool xD You just need to be sure you know you're dreaming and your mind kind of does the rest.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    Sleep paralysis is actually pretty thrilling, managed to land the state a handful of times, because I'm really not patient enough...though it is enthralling to observe my imagination work against me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Sleep paralysis is actually pretty thrilling, managed to land the state a handful of times, because I'm really not patient enough...though it is enthralling to observe my imagination work against me.
    You are a brave man.

...who has also reminded me to go look for the series finale of House.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I hate sleep paralysis. :( Mainly because the nightmares that have resulted suck badly, which was uhh, being strangled, crashing into a steel wall and being locked in, and so on. Not fun lool.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I think Ive had sleep paralysis several times. Its like I wake up and try to move and I cant, and then panic, then I can finally move. It dosent really happen to me anymore, but it freaks me out a bit.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    You are a brave man.

...who has also reminded me to go look for the series finale of House.

Even I haven't seen it yet, the torrent's seed/peer ratio has left me bereaved, and I've resorted to online streaming. Three-way, suicide? Yes? Yes.

I hate sleep paralysis. :( Mainly because the nightmares that have resulted suck badly, which was uhh, being strangled, crashing into a steel wall and being locked in, and so on. Not fun lool.

Being strangled, okay, must be annoying to endure. Crashing into a steel wall? Certain death. Being locked in? How...what..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Being strangled, okay, must be annoying to endure. Crashing into a steel wall? Certain death. Being locked in? How...what..

Well, not fun lool. ;x And the steel/locked in thing was kinda combined. I still remember the sounds I heard when that happened, ugh. Stupid sleep paralysis dreams stand out lol.

Cherrim

Years
  • I'm surprised so many people have had sleep paralysis? I always thought it was pretty rare. I've certainly never had to experience it before. :s
    Even I haven't seen it yet, the torrent's seed/peer ratio has left me bereaved, and I've resorted to online streaming. Three-way, suicide? Yes? Yes.
    My friend was talking about it earlier today so I sort of assumed it just aired today but maybe not. I'll have to check the channel's site here to see if it's up yet.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    The frequency of inadvertent sleep paralysis happenings just goes to show how many people have trouble sleeping, I always thought that the majority of people on the internet experienced it in an attempt to have lucid dreams. Phenomenon like these spread like raging wildfires over sites like stumbleupon/fb/tumblr etc.

Just saw the episode. I'll keep myself from spoiling it for anyone...for a while. Either way, I'm speechless.

Cherrim

Years
  • I imagine sleep issues are a lot more common in our generation with all the distractions we've got in the form of LCD screens now. Although, I have to admit, even with my technology obsession growing up, I never had sleep problems until medications started messing with it. :s

Speechless is... good? Bad? I'm scared now. I honestly haven't kept up with House very much since I haven't had cable all year but my mom's been generally filling me in every time she sees me. :( I know the storyline of the last few episodes so I'm scared to find out how it's gonna end here.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    The strain on your eyes and the lack of physical exertion you'd find in today's routine, coalesces people to toss and turn in bed. Everybody, has 'insomnia' these days.

I refuse to disclose any hints in relevance to the finale, and trust me, you'd want it that way. Talk about it after you've seen it? The show's creative heads and their chicanery is almost cruel. I shall say no more.

Cherrim

Years
  • Yeah, the self-diagnosing that people do of insomnia really bothers me. :( It's one thing to have trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep but people always tweet or post about it non-chalantly: "this suuuucks I can't sleep ~ posted from my iPhone" well no duh. If you're rolling over and checking your phone every ten minutes, of course you won't sleep! I've been diagnosed with insomnia for the last two years so it's kind of a sore spot for me, haha. I'm weening myself off one kind of sleeping pills for another one that will hopefully work better. If it doesn't, I get to go on to one of the legitimately addictive medications. I'm really hoping the tryptophan works first.

Will do! I'll try to get around to watching it tomorrow and I'll drop you a VM or something if this thread has moved on, which is likely. For now though... it's 2AM so I should probably had to bed. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    On sleep paralysis it happens usually in uh, soon after you fall asleep most of the time so idk why it's not more common lol.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    Yeah, the self-diagnosing that people do of insomnia really bothers me. :( It's one thing to have trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep but people always tweet or post about it non-chalantly: "this suuuucks I can't sleep ~ posted from my iPhone" well no duh. If you're rolling over and checking your phone every ten minutes, of course you won't sleep! I've been diagnosed with insomnia for the last two years so it's kind of a sore spot for me, haha. I'm weening myself off one kind of sleeping pills for another one that will hopefully work better. If it doesn't, I get to go on to one of the legitimately addictive medications.....

Will do! I'll try to get around to watching it tomorrow and I'll drop you a VM or something if this thread has moved on, which is likely. For now though... it's 2AM so I should probably had to bed. :P

Must be aggravating to put up with that considering you've actually been medically diagnosed. And it might be wise to keep the iconoclasts at bay and try some traditional remedies? You might have already tried everything though. Hopefully the prescribed meds work before the ones capable of addiction enervate your condition.

Haha yeah, you definitely should had to bed.
    You'll enjoy the finale.

On sleep paralysis it happens usually in uh, soon after you fall asleep most of the time so idk why it's not more common lol.

Perhaps...because, not many people stay awake, after they fall asleep?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I watched House for a very brief period when I had visited USA 2 years ago. I liked it, but I never bothered to follow it lol.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Perhaps...because, not many people stay awake, after they fall asleep?

I'm not sure if you're making fun of my statement or not. ;;

But uhh, House is kinda boring now. I much prefer... whatever's on these days. lol I don't even pay attention to the names of shows anymore.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012

I'm not sure if you're making fun of my statement or not. ;;

But uhh, House is kinda boring now. I much prefer... whatever's on these days. lol I don't even pay attention to the names of shows anymore.

Haha, guilty as charged. I'd like it if you'd elucidate what you said though, it was pretty abstruse, wasn't it?

The latter portion of that post though, I blatantly disapprove. </3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back