• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I still need to finish my replay of White. I will... eventually.

I'm a Tauros/Klink (Since I'm techinically Gemini BUT YEAH). Not really... too fond ahh. D;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Well... I never actually beat my first White file if we're talking about beating Alder. I beat the Elite Four and Ghetsis and just lost the motivation to play some more.

Years
    I haven't beat whatever of the two I was playing either: I got bored somewhere around victory road, never really continued playing and eventually gave the game back to the friend I borrowed it from.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    Limited list, but I like the shade's of purple Scolipede wears; evidently even if it isn't really a scorpion.

B/W didn't put up much of a challenge for me to try and replay the entire game. The array of Pokemon to choose from wasn't satisfying. Can't stop complaining about Deino's positioning either.

Years
    So, my friend, who is still attending school, asked me, as I am just waiting for my exam results and otherwise not doing anything, if I could help him with some paper about Turkey joining the EU. Sure, why not, help is what friends are for, right? Turns out he needs it until tomorrow, has no time to do it today so basically "help" means I am going to write the entire paper, five pages. And then, I realized I know next to nothing about the subject, have no idea what aspects this thing is supposed to be focused on and have absolutely no talent in writing long texts, my grades were usually between below average and outright horrible. What did I just get myself into?

Years
    I guess I should try that, yes. In the long run, it's better for the guy, too, since he's pretty much screwed anyway, but can at least learn something he apparently has yet to learn that way.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    So, my friend, who is still attending school, asked me, as I am just waiting for my exam results and otherwise not doing anything, if I could help him with some paper about Turkey joining the EU. Sure, why not, help is what friends are for, right? Turns out he needs it until tomorrow, has no time to do it today so basically "help" means I am going to write the entire paper, five pages. And then, I realized I know next to nothing about the subject, have no idea what aspects this thing is supposed to be focused on and have absolutely no talent in writing long texts, my grades were usually between below average and outright horrible. What did I just get myself into?

Tell him you can't do it because you don't want to be responsible for his failing grade. Simple as that.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    That's something you shouldn't be doing for him even if you were an expert on the subject and at writing. I don't know if you could get in trouble since you're out of school, but he definitely could.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    Don't think there's any way that could be exposed...could it?
    I have this problem where I can't say no to people who ask me to 'lend' them money. I never want to, yet I always do, even if I need it. And I tell them they don't have to return it. Not sure if inherently good and generous or just projecting fake civility. Really bothers me.

Years
    I have a similar money problem. If I'm with a friend and I find out that there is something they want but don't have the money for I want to give them money. It doesn't help that I know all my friends' financial situations (some of which aren't too rosy).

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Don't think there's any way that could be exposed...could it?
    I have this problem where I can't say no to people who ask me to 'lend' them money. I never want to, yet I always do, even if I need it. And I tell them they don't have to return it. Not sure if inherently good and generous or just projecting fake civility. Really bothers me.
    It's good that you want to help your friends, but maybe saying no once in a while might be good for all of you? You'd have more money overall, and they'd learn to hopefully handle their finances better? I dunno... I wouldn't want to cast aspersions on other people's lives or how they fund them.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    I really do try, but once you've let them rely on you for so long, they persist, and you're forced to retort in a rude manner. And that stings.

Years
    You know, if you do put your foot down it's amazing what that can do to change how others look at you. They might not even realize what they're doing and it could be their wake up call.

Edit: not related, the transit of Venus is happening right now and you can see it if you have a welding mask, or at least a piece of paper with a pin hole in it. If the sun is up where you are, that is.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Ugh, I missed that and everyone was talking about it tonight. SO UNHAPPY. Did anyone here see it for themselves?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pfft I don't care, I got a photo of a red moon. Or a red mars. idk, one of them was red and it was quite nice. Actually seeing is better than through a piece of paper tbh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back