• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
  • Mt grandmother bought it for me for $299.99 i really didn't get a new computer but i got a new windows 7 home and then a ati radeon 3750 video card with 512mb because i had a 128 mb video card i think and my computer was running windows vista basic.My only issue now is my ram is only 512mb i need another 1gb ram stick and its going to cost me $74.99 and im getting that tommorw then ill be broke.I also got a action replay dsi for my nintendo dsi.

Gilgαmesh

Yeah, Windows 7 seems so much easier and faster to use rather then the slugish Vista.

As someone that has Windows 7, I can safely say that I'm having a lot more fun with it than I ever did with Vista. Vista was good in the beginning, but I've had it for too long, and it's sorta met it's end anyway. Windows 7 is a lot better from my experience, and I've had less problems with the OS and whatnot. In general, it's just amazing. ♥

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I've never had any problems with Vista but everybody seems to hate it.

That said, i've never used 7 to be able to compare the two, so..

Morgnarok

Years
  • Well im on windows 7 Home right now like i said if you check the above post and its running pretty fast on only 512mb so i might save just keep my 74 bucks for right now and run it on 512mb if i can run world of warcraft on high quality with my 512mb ati radeon 512 mb new graphics card.If not then ill fork out the extra cash to get a extra 1 gb of ram.

Gilgαmesh

I've never had any problems with Vista but everybody seems to hate it.

That said, i've never used 7 to be able to compare the two, so..

Well, as I said, I've never had any real issues with Vista at the beginning, but I think the real issue started because my computer was so old that it really couldn't sustain the OS or something like that? So yeah, that pretty much fell apart pretty quickly.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Well, as I said, I've never had any real issues with Vista at the beginning, but I think the real issue started because my computer was so old that it really couldn't sustain the OS or something like that? So yeah, that pretty much fell apart pretty quickly.

Ah, I see. My laptop's still fairly new-ish, so fingers crossed I won't be having any problems for a while.

Years
  • Vista now is far more stable than it was in the beginning, as long as you have Service Pack 2 installed. Both it and Windows 7 are about as equally prone to becoming bloated installs from personal experience, especially with heavy usage.

Morgnarok

Years
  • Well i got this computer that i had all this new stuff from and from what kinda parts it had before i did all this upgrading and the windows it had i would have to say it is at least 7 months to a year old.

Gilgαmesh

Vista now is far more stable than it was in the beginning, as long as you have Service Pack 2 installed. Both it and Windows 7 are about as equally prone to becoming bloated installs from personal experience, especially with heavy usage.

No problems with Windows 7 so far, but that could be because I'm taking very good care of it. xDD;

Morgnarok

Years
  • Welll i just ran a test for world of warcraft cataclsym,world of warcraft wrath of the lich kinda,world of warcraft burning crusade and world of warcraft.I can run all of them on high but world of warcraft cataclsym because it requires at least 1gb of ram.I can prob run it on medium or low thou for now and then later get my extra 1gb of ram.Any thoughts to this ?

Morgnarok

Years
  • Well i can put out the 74.99 for the 1gb of ram if i am truly going to be able to run the above games on 512 mb ram even thou they need 1gm ram.i don't even care if i have to run it on low qaulity. and have 512mb ram right now.If i can get a sure anwser or a most likely anwser that it will run the games on low qaulity for now then i can wait intill saturday and pay about 20-30 dollars for the 1 gb of ram at the flea market .I just want to be able to play the games now because i am currently out of a game system intill the 30th so all i have to do is watch tv.

Years
  • Readyboost only has noticeable effects with 1 GB of RAM or less, though, and isn't really going to help much with running games.

And, personally, I'd wait to get the cheaper RAM. $74.99 for 1 GB of RAM is waaaaaaay too much. Is it a laptop or a desktop?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • There's really no need for more than 4GB of RAM unless you do really heavy video editing, CAD, and the like. It's not going to really affect any everyday tasks or gaming. 512MB, on the other hand, isn't even enough to run Vista/Win7 properly. 2GB is pretty much bare minimum. :/

And you can get desktop RAM really really cheaply, so $75 for 1GB is astronomical - even if you have a really old computer with legacy RAM.

Morgnarok

Years
  • What im thinking is the ram i saw was DDR2 1gb for 74 bucks i need to get DDR 1gb and i think it was 30.If i can get DDR 2gb of like 60-70.What ill do is take and remove the 512mb stick and add the 2gb because my comupter has 2 slots but maxes out with 2gb.I was once told i thought that its the windows that desides how much ram maxes out the computer or is it the mother bored.Because like i said my computer that is mine used to have windows vista basic but the motherboard says it maxes out at 2gb.If windows 7 can hold more the 2gb no matter the motherboard then i will get the 2gb ram stick if its cheap and keep the 512 gb ram stick so that i have 2.5 Gb ram.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back