• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizard-lord

Yuni is awesome
Years
  • I just can't stand rap. I don't get it at all. Whereas rock in my opinion is proper music, with meaningfull lyrics and instrumentals.

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
  • I dunno. Don't get me wrong, I love Rock and Metal, but there's another genre that I like better: Alternative. Please don't ask any questions, but those songs are very good, not too fast, yet not terribly slow, and their voices are very clean for the most part. And the topics are funny to (And that makes me craaaaaaazy!) But yeah, Alternative>Everything else. Especially Rap...

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I just can't stand rap. I don't get it at all. Whereas rock in my opinion is proper music, with meaningfull lyrics and instrumentals.

I cant stand rap either its so hard to dance to. I like alot of music but if its anything classical or jazzy then I won't listen to it.

I listen to Alternative rock all the time. That is my top most favorite Music Genre.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
  • I can stand rap, but only the good types. 50 Cent's a disgrace to rap, man >_>

Best genre for me = metal. That stuff is heavy and meaningful. I'm not meaning Slipknot or Korn or Linkin Park cos I don't consider them metal (no offence to their fans) but stuff from the 80's/90's...(old) Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Dream Theater...all those guys.

And to stay on topic, yes I love alternative rock too, whenever I need a break from metal, hehe. Or maybe some Pearl Jam...not too hard on the ears

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • IMO rap music could be much better, but I can't really take too much of it in. Some of it is good and decent enough, but there's a huge number of raps that I just detest listening to.
    I don't really listen to much music generally though.. just whatever's on the radio (yes, "old-fashioned" method xDD compared to MP3s).

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I'd have to go with electronic as the best, with rock tied. I'm more into 80's Rock [New Age stuff], then the rock nowadays, nowadays is great, but it doesn't compare to how music used to be.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I cant stand rap either its so hard to dance to. I like alot of music but if its anything classical or jazzy then I won't listen to it.

I listen to Alternative rock all the time. That is my top most favorite Music Genre.

Me neither. My brother and mom listens to rap music all the time.
    Then they say I am not black because I hate it. I just don't understand it
    and the are either rapping about cars, clothes, women, money, and houses.
    BORING.

Years
  • Me neither. My brother and mom listens to rap music all the time.
    Then they say I am not black because I hate it. I just don't understand it
    and the are either rapping about cars, clothes, women, money, and houses.
    BORING.
    Why do they say that? It's crazy to assume all black people have to listen to rap. It'd be like saying white people have to listen to rock or country. People shouldn't have to listen to what people say they should listen to.

But I guess that's life. :/

When it comes to rap, I think I think mostly this way:
    I think it's not getting all its credit. There's alot of better, more positive stuff with meaning. But all the gangster rap, common rap and everything you hear on the radio is well, crap.

Almost every genre of music is this way. There's good stuff, and then there's mainstream stuff that can be very hit-or-miss... like Nickelback. I admit, I don't mind them, but I can see why people hate them. It feels so clichéd. Now add the overplayed factor, and you have something pretty nasty on your hands. I'm not saying it's all bad, just that it can be.

Sadly, I probably won't ever hear the majority of good rap. My music selection is limited. .-.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
  • Why do they say that? It's crazy to assume all black people have to listen to rap. It'd be like saying white people have to listen to rock or country. People shouldn't have to listen to what people say they should listen to.

And that was how nu-metal/rapcore was created. Fusing rock/metal with rap so that both races can listen to both. Not a big fan of rapcore, but that was interesting, what they created. Nu-metal and rapcore are kinda like stepping stones before the younger generation get into the better music...well that was the case for me.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Meh, I consider myself a very musical person. I don't consider rap music. I won't say it doesn't take talent, because I know I can't do it. All I say is it's poetry with sound effects and the occasional chords in the background.

I'm not bashing rap, I'm just saying it's not really music.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Soulja Boy's Crank That is pretty good. I dunno why I like it at all, but I actually do. It's the jizz.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Why do they say that? It's crazy to assume all black people have to listen to rap. It'd be like saying white people have to listen to rock or country. People shouldn't have to listen to what people say they should listen to.

But I guess that's life. :/

When it comes to rap, I think I think mostly this way:

Almost every genre of music is this way. There's good stuff, and then there's mainstream stuff that can be very hit-or-miss... like Nickelback. I admit, I don't mind them, but I can see why people hate them. It feels so clichéd. Now add the overplayed factor, and you have something pretty nasty on your hands. I'm not saying it's all bad, just that it can be.

Sadly, I probably won't ever hear the majority of good rap. My music selection is limited. .-.

I heard the "good" (it was better but not great) rap in my music class 4 years ago because my teacher heard us bad-mouthing rap. The biggest differance is it has meaning.

And i definately know what you mean by overplayed factor :coughCarrieUnderwoodcough:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back