• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • I love minecraft! I don't play it as much as I used to, but it's still fun to play every once in a while. I built a mob trap, roller coaster, a song, and all sorts of different buildings.

I haven't played Terraria at all, I've never heard of it before.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I love Minecraft to death, but I absolutely cannot stand Single Player mode. I like the aspects of mobility and community that multiplayer servers offer, and it's hard for me to play without that.

Think about it like this: If I were to build a road in Single Player, who would walk on it besides me? If I were to build an enchanting room in Single Player, who would use it besides me? In Multiplayer, structures serve purpose. :)

TY

I love Minecraft to death, but I absolutely cannot stand Single Player mode. I like the aspects of mobility and community that multiplayer servers offer, and it's hard for me to play without that.

Think about it like this: If I were to build a road in Single Player, who would walk on it besides me? If I were to build an enchanting room in Single Player, who would use it besides me? In Multiplayer, structures serve purpose. :)

Same here, i just prefer to play games like Terraria and Minecraft in Multiplayer since its way more fun. Besides i can always brag: I found gold! and make all your friends jealous xD

Years
  • Yeah, Terraria does seem different even at a glance, though I haven't played it. My goal in Minecraft was civilizing and industrializing my "base", which works a lot better in 3D.

TY

Terraria has some advantages over Minecraft and also otherwise. And i kinda like both games for what they are. I made huuuuuge castles in Terraria, where as in Minecraft i just made even bigger castles simply cause of the 3D ability.

Years
  • Mining in Minecraft was really cool though. It was there that I learned about the true value of capital in capitalism. Investment matters: you begin by carving your way through rock, then adding stairs to move faster, then adding powered minecarts for even greater speed. You add torches to your cave shafts, providing a source of light as well as pointing which way is up or down - rationalizing your operations. Investing in farming and better quality tools mean you can stay mining for longer, and your productivity increases with achieving greater gains of more valuable minerals per period of time. From your first oven you eventually build a refinery with many ovens back to back, refining hundreds of ores at a time.

I think it's a good way of learning about why technological advances matter. We hear it all the time, but there's nothing like seeing and experiencing the results face to face. While it might take half an hour to achieve your first iron ore, you could eventually mine and refine hundreds of iron ingots in the same amount of time later on.

Years
  • Sometimes I think it's really awesome when I look at things that people mine, such as Pokémon, considering all the time and resources that go into doing that. I would love to be able to eventually own Minecraft though and have fun. The only thing I'd probably be scared of is creepers, although I know you can kill those off :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, creepers are impossible to deal with. ): Creepers hardly make a sound; whenever I turn around and see one of those behind my back, I get scared and immediately start running. You can never let them get close to you. If they do, they'll explode and make you lose a majority of your hearts. The only possible way to get rid of them is by using your bow and arrows, but you'd have to keep yourself somewhere far.

Years
  • I think hitting with a sword does knockback eh? I don't remember if it works, but you could backstep while swinging away - that way you keep it out of reach AND you knock it down. Just get ready to spring into action as soon as you hear the sizzle sound! The worst is when you're in some kind of hole, trapped on all four sides while the creeper jumps on top of you.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I think hitting with a sword does knockback eh? I don't remember if it works, but you could backstep while swinging away - that way you keep it out of reach AND you knock it down. Just get ready to spring into action as soon as you hear the sizzle sound! The worst is when you're in some kind of hole, trapped on all four sides while the creeper jumps on top of you.
    If you're going to go all melee on a creeper, this is the best way to do it. Always step back when you swing with your sword. The creeper will be knocked back and you will get enough distance for the creeper not to explode.

One place I'm always nervous to deal with creepers are caves. Sometimes you can't run very far and they sneak up on you too. Always gives me a jump when I'm mining and hear a hissing from right behind.

Years
  • One place I'm always nervous to deal with creepers are caves. Sometimes you can't run very far and they sneak up on you too. Always gives me a jump when I'm mining and hear a hissing from right behind.

Haha, I've been blown out of my seat on more than one occasion. Also when they destroy that vein of gold you were mining >:( Luckily they haven't killed any of my diamonds before.

Years
  • For me, creepers are impossible to deal with. ): Creepers hardly make a sound; whenever I turn around and see one of those behind my back, I get scared and immediately start running. You can never let them get close to you. If they do, they'll explode and make you lose a majority of your hearts. The only possible way to get rid of them is by using your bow and arrows, but you'd have to keep yourself somewhere far.
    Okay, I don't play these games so I started reading this post with a completely different image in my head.

TY

It is that i know of them cause of Borderlands 2, else i would have had the same idea haha

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Speaking of games and gaming in general, with the server move, I should totally get back on League of Legends and Team Fortress 2...and maybe download a few more if I can find some. Gotta beat that boredom monster, ya know? :P

TY

Same here... I might start playing LoL again, maybe some more Steam games and what not xD

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • My brother is the only person who uses Steam here, mainly for a MMORPG called Rusty Hearts which I never heard of before he started playing it. My little brother used it on our computer but now he has a laptop and is in college 100 miles away, all the games linked to his account (Fallout 3, Portal, Portal 2, TF2 ) are pretty much unplayable.

Years
  • I got a Windows 7 partition (I'm on a Mac) just for games but barely ended up using it haha. Must have last booted into it over a month ago now. Been too addicted to handheld gaming. n_n; Puzzles & Dragons for iOS/Android has been eating a lot of my time, too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back