• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have two versions of Minecraft—one for my Xbox 360 and the other is for PC. I play this game on my PC most of the time, though. You're allowed to join servers and play with hundreds of players, which Xbox doesn't allow. If you wanted to play with someone on the 360, then you would have to send them a personal party invitation, which I found to be a bit ridiculous. d: The only thing good about the Xbox version is that it has enhanced graphics, and that's about it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I've done a fair bit of coding. One of my majors was computational science so had to pick up a bunch of languages. Also tutored in Matlab and C. Python is currently my language of choice just because I used it a darn lot this year, haha.

I have minecraft on the PC, and may well be playing it again seeing I just finished my exams (take that, Honours!). Got a server between myself and a friend actually, so will probably get to updating that and trying to spark life into it again. But first, gotta finally finish Pokemon Y! And sleep, to make up for lost sleep-time from uni exams. And thesis.

Years
  • Minecraft is one of those games I want to own so that I could definitely have some fun, however, I just don't have the time and money to get it :/

And for languages, I would really love to expand my knowledge in both C and Python as well, and definitely javascript for web-based applications.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've tried Minecraft once. I mostly found it time-wasting and tedious xD Don't see the big appeal.

Years
  • Well, for every useful language there is, there are hundreds of obsolete ones. For example "Shakespeare" programming language you type out Shakespearean dialogues for the code to run. Below is an example of a simple (yeah, right) "Hello World" program in Shakespeare:

Romeo, a young man with a remarkable patience.
    Juliet, a likewise young woman of remarkable grace.
    Ophelia, a remarkable woman much in dispute with Hamlet.
    Hamlet, the flatterer of Andersen Insulting A/S.

Act I: Hamlet's insults and flattery.
    Scene I: The insulting of Romeo.
    [Enter Hamlet and Romeo]
    Hamlet:
    You lying stupid fatherless big smelly half-witted coward! You are as
    stupid as the difference between a handsome rich brave hero and thyself!
    Speak your mind!
    You are as brave as the sum of your fat little stuffed misused dusty
    old rotten codpiece and a beautiful fair warm peaceful sunny summer's
    day. You are as healthy as the difference between the sum of the
    sweetest reddest rose and my father and yourself! Speak your mind!
    You are as cowardly as the sum of yourself and the difference
    between a big mighty proud kingdom and a horse. Speak your mind.
    Speak your mind!
    [Exit Romeo]
    Scene II: The praising of Juliet.
    [Enter Juliet]
    Hamlet:
    Thou art as sweet as the sum of the sum of Romeo and his horse and his
    black cat! Speak thy mind!
    [Exit Juliet]
    Scene III: The praising of Ophelia.
    [Enter Ophelia]
    Hamlet:
    Thou art as lovely as the product of a large rural town and my amazing
    bottomless embroidered purse. Speak thy mind!
    Thou art as loving as the product of the bluest clearest sweetest sky
    and the sum of a squirrel and a white horse. Thou art as beautiful as
    the difference between Juliet and thyself. Speak thy mind!
    [Exeunt Ophelia and Hamlet]

Act II: Behind Hamlet's back.
    Scene I: Romeo and Juliet's conversation.
    [Enter Romeo and Juliet]
    Romeo:
    Speak your mind. You are as worried as the sum of yourself and the
    difference between my small smooth hamster and my nose. Speak your
    mind!
    Juliet:
    Speak YOUR mind! You are as bad as Hamlet! You are as small as the
    difference between the square of the difference between my little pony
    and your big hairy hound and the cube of your sorry little
    codpiece. Speak your mind!
    [Exit Romeo]
    Scene II: Juliet and Ophelia's conversation.
    [Enter Ophelia]
    Juliet:
    Thou art as good as the quotient between Romeo and the sum of a small
    furry animal and a leech. Speak your mind!
    Ophelia:
    Thou art as disgusting as the quotient between Romeo and twice the
    difference between a mistletoe and an oozing infected blister! Speak
    your mind!
    [Exeunt]

Of course, it's not a popular language because it's just a gimmick that is super inefficient to actually use (something that can be done with most programming languages in 1 line takes like what, 50 lines?), but there are thousands of obsolete programming languages like these.

There's also fine differences between dozens of useful programming languages out there, but that's what I'm going to be learning about next semester. There should be a course dedicated to learning about different types of programming languages in practically every technology-oriented university.

Years
  • I've tried Minecraft once. I mostly found it time-wasting and tedious xD Don't see the big appeal.

But it's deliciously time-wasting and tedious ^^ They add so many updates, I was only around when cats became a thing - now they have lots lots more.

Years
  • I'm pretty sure my computer can run Minecraft, just not sure xD

Minecraft would probably become an addiction for me if I ever wound up playing it, considering I have a friend and when he got Minecraft he began playing it nonstop and continues to play it everyday.

Years
  • Ehh that's right. It also costs $30, which is a lot to be spending on a game nowadays with Steam sales and whatnot.

Years
  • I played the demo version of minecraft, but I wasn't too impressed with it and I don't think it would warrant all the time and money I'd have to spend on this game. Maybe I'll give it a try when it comes out on PS4.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2015
    Oh, Minecraft. It's fun and with the mods it can be crazy fun, though if I'm being honest I tend to prefer vanilla just because it's simpler. Most mods have so much stuff I just haven't had the time to learn everything I needed to know to be able to use the mods very well. I barely know the basics for most of the popular mods.

Years
  • It was soo exciting the first time I got lost in a cave. I went all the way down to lava and obsidian, and must've spent around two days underground. The fear was palpable. I knew there were zombies and skeletons, and if I didn't emerge from the cave soon enough I would starve or be killed. When I dug my way back up, it turned out I was in a valley not too far from where I started :P It reminds me of those times when I got lost in my own neighbourhood as a little kid and fantasized about a great "beyond".

Sirfetch’d

I played the demo version of minecraft, but I wasn't too impressed with it and I don't think it would warrant all the time and money I'd have to spend on this game. Maybe I'll give it a try when it comes out on PS4.

Same with me. I tried it a few times and I wanted to be able to get into it, but it just isn't for me haha. I'll likely give it another a go sometime in the near future.

TY

I've played the 2D version of Minecraft known as Terraria.

Well, Terraria isnt a 2D version of Minecraft honestly :/

It has way more to offer, as where MC is more for building stuff, Terraria lets people craft more weapons and has more monsters and bosses to kill, so they are both different games.

Years
  • I used to play Minecraft a lot a few years ago... now I tend to play it every so often. It's kind of lost its appeal at this point. As for Terraria, I've recently gotten that, so that's still really fun to play. I imagine it'll get old though, just like Minecraft.

Years
  • I've heard of Terraria, but I can't really remember where I've heard it from :p but I did hear that Terraria is similar to Minecraft only more 2D..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back