• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • For instance, instead on clicking the text in the box, just click the picture to be taken to my story.
    Hmm, I'm not sure if that's possible at all with CSS, and seeing how you're using the "background-image:url" element.. but it would be possible with BBcode.

Years
  • I can't see your exact code so can't say for certain if this would work, but you could try making a completely transparent png image to the exact size of the picture element of your signature then setting that as the link.

So the code would be [*url="Storyurl] [*img]transparentimage.png[/img][/url] and put that inside the div element where you want the link to be.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I think I looked into learning CSS a while back before realizing that you need to know other things first or it'd be pretty difficult. I still have yet to memorize everything with HTML, so I intend to do that first before I move onto anything else.
    I wonder if I'm wasting time or if I'll ever have use of that knowledge. I:

...on an unrelated note, am I the one who thinks that time seems to be moving obnoxiously slowly? D:

Years
  • Well I'm biased since I'm doing a uni course on the subject but I think that coding knowledge, and in particular web coding, is never a bad thing to learn. The internet is becoming more and more important/prevalent nowadays and everyone with a business or an idea wants a website.

And yes, time is moving pretty slowly right now. Better stay doing so as well, I have so much work to do right now ;-;

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I know a thing or two about CSS and HTML, but there are plenty of other things that I'd like to learn about. Few of these would be javascript, AJAX, and jquery. When it comes to web designing (which is one of my hobbies), these things are mandatory. They're very complicated, though. d:

Years
  • Yeah, I'm not looking forwards to moving onto stuff like javascript. At the moment my classes are focusing on PHP, MySQL and databases/interaction and while I'm getting the hang of it now I've had a couple brain-melt moments along the way.

Years
  • I'd love to be able to expand my knowledge on PHP and definitely learn javascript for personal use.. after all I have made a web application with PHP in the past, except I heavily modified it off of code that was already made. :p

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I think Java is by far the most flexible language (and the best language to learn), because of the countless ways a Java program can be organized, and for the fact that it's platform-universal. The problem is, Java is the only language I have zero concept over. C++, C#, Visual Basic, PHP, and even older languages such as Pascal and Objective-C are all complete cakewalks, but Java's... just too weird for me. Meh.

As far as web page server languages go, I'm actually somewhat skilled in PHP (not to mention I adore its structure), and have made a few (albeit futile) attempts at delving into Python. Both are the pinnacles of network-based programming.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Java is the most simplest language I've learned. You'll grasp it easily, no matter how much computer knowledge you've acquired.

I really want to take a C++ class, and a Visual Basic class..but agh...these classes are given at a time that conflicts with my schedule. >_<

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I think it would be really cool to learn all this programming stuff, but I'm not sure if I'll take any college classes on it. I used to be really into all this computer jazz, but my interests drifted elsewhere over time.

Years
  • Yeah, same. When I was in high school I thought I was going to design video games or something, then I learned there were kids with years of experience on me. That ended the dream pretty quickly.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Actually, for you guys, you can briefly learn about coding on this site! Python, Ruby, Java, many many more. I've been learning some programming & coding in my own time while I wait to take the classes I need. It helps me a ton when it comes to projects & everything! Y'all should give it a try sometime.

Sirfetch’d

I'm gonna take some classes on coding this semester. It just really seems like something that I would want to do and be great at it(hopefully) as well :D

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Actually, for you guys, you can briefly learn about coding on this site! Python, Ruby, Java, many many more. I've been learning some programming & coding in my own time while I wait to take the classes I need. It helps me a ton when it comes to projects & everything! Y'all should give it a try sometime.
    I fiddled around with it for a little while and I think it's pretty cool. I might have to comeback and learn a thing or two about coding. Then maybe technology won't hate me so much.

Sir Codin

I took a C++ class a while ago. I still have some old code to review should I ever feel the need to.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Java is the most simplest language I've learned. You'll grasp it easily, no matter how much computer knowledge you've acquired.

I really want to take a C++ class, and a Visual Basic class..but agh...these classes are given at a time that conflicts with my schedule. >_<

Maybe I'm just afraid of Java. Considering the simplicity of the site you posted, I'm sure I'm just overreacting. Pretty much every good high-level programming language is based off of C, and C's so easy it's a joke.

Speaking of C, the one thing that pisses me off about it is that it doesn't have error handling. And who wants to have to mess around with response codes when C++ has Try tags?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've taken a coding class couple of years ago, but haven't learned much things from it. They mostly taught us about HTML and CSS, which I already had knowledge on. ): If they had given us lessons on things like flash, then it would have been great. I might take another of these classes in the future and see how it goes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back