• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokedude565

Do you get experience from Wi-fi battles at the basement of the Pokecentre? Sorry if this is the wrong thread. In the battling thread, their wasn't a FAQ thread so I decided to ask it here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Alright, thank you. Does this team look good for the Elite four?(I'm not there, but I'm planning ahead.)

Luxray:56
    Staraptor: 54
    Infernape:57
    Gyarados:54
    Haunter:54
    Roserade:60

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Alright, thank you. Does this team look good for the Elite four?(I'm not there, but I'm planning ahead.)

Luxray:56
    Staraptor: 54
    Infernape:57
    Gyarados:54
    Haunter:54
    Roserade:60
    Level them up a bit. Champion Cynthia's Pokemon's levels can get as high as level 66 (specifically Garchomp and Lucario). You might want to be at least level 65 before challenging them.

Years
  • Looks good enough to me. You shouldn't have to many problems since the levels are decent and at first glance there aren't any glaring weaknesses.

Mine were only around 58ish when I beat them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Alright, thanks. What should I do to level them up so high? I had trouble making myself getting my team to 50 last game.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • Alright, thanks. What should I do to level them up so high? I had trouble making myself getting my team to 50 last game.

The only thing you really can do to level them up post National Dex is to either battle higher up the summit of Mt. Coronet or in Victory Road.

EDIT: You can also battle the Elite Four and intentionally lose if it gets too tough. You lose money but you get to keep the increased levels.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Would you recommend spending all my money on TMs and Full restores, Moo Moo Milks, and Revives? Then when I think I'm ready, actually use them during my run?

Would it be better to replace my Haunter for a Dialga?

True Justice

Years
  • Would you recommend spending all my money on TMs and Full restores, Moo Moo Milks, and Revives? Then when I think I'm ready, actually use them during my run?

Would it be better to replace my Haunter for a Dialga?

It's easier to dig up Revives and Max Revives in the underground. No money wasted :D You'll definately need some Full Restores more than anything else. I would hold on to your current one time TMs. When I got to Cynthia, I taught my Dialga flamethrower to combat her Roserade. Unless your Haunter is significantly stronger than your Dialga, Dialga would probably stand stronger in the Elite Four than Haunter would.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    No, Haunter tends to die and deal no damage. It has horrible health, and the best move it has seems to be Confuse Ray. So, I think Dialga is my guy. It will deal with Chomp.

The spending money is more to not lose it when I lose, but I guess I can save some for TMs and Restores. Thanks for the help.

Years
  • Can you wi-fi trade via friend codes for pokemon that aren't in the Sinnoh Dex before you get the National Dex? I've got a generous buddy with an extra mew (and some others) and I want to know if I can get them as soon as I set up the Pal Pad.

True Justice

Years
  • Can you wi-fi trade via friend codes for pokemon that aren't in the Sinnoh Dex before you get the National Dex? I've got a generous buddy with an extra mew (and some others) and I want to know if I can get them as soon as I set up the Pal Pad.

Yes, you can trade them. If you look at their summary, the Pokedex number will appear as ???. So all you have to do is just set up the Pal Pad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back