• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    can the nintendo power pikachu's be female? I received one that is female, but have heard that they can only be male. Help?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • can the nintendo power pikachu's be female? I received one that is female, but have heard that they can only be male. Help?

All of the NPower Pikachu's I've seen have been male. However, because Bulbapedia as well as other event sources have not posted that they can be specifically male or female, it is possible that they can be both. But you'll probably want to keep an eye on Bulbapedia in case any updates are added.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2013
    summary symbols question

my friend has a Palkia and a Mew on his diamond game. In the summary first section the palkia has a red star symbol in the upper right and the mew has a smilie-ish face in the lower right corner.

any idea on these? hacked maybe? just something we're ignorant about?

thanks

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • The star means it is a shiny Pokemon and the smiley face means it has been cured of PKRS. But in the future, please keep all questions in the Diamond/Pearl Q&A Thread.

-MERGED-

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2013
    The star means it is a shiny Pokemon and the smiley face means it has been cured of PKRS. But in the future, please keep all questions in the Diamond/Pearl Q&A Thread.

-MERGED-

still new but thanks for the heads up and info. 'preciate it.

Years
  • How can you tell what's hacked?

I got lucky today. I just bought my diamond version today, used. Old trainer left his file on the game and it looks like he had some good pokes. Lugia and some other pretty legendaries. My question is though, how can you tell what is legit and what is hacked just from their stats? He has 4 Rayquazas 3 of which are lv 40 duplicates and 3 Jirachi. I'd keep some of them if they were legit... so how do I find out?
    Thanks all!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I got lucky today. I just bought my diamond version today, used. Old trainer left his file on the game and it looks like he had some good pokes. Lugia and some other pretty legendaries. My question is though, how can you tell what is legit and what is hacked just from their stats? He has 4 Rayquazas 3 of which are lv 40 duplicates and 3 Jirachi. I'd keep some of them if they were legit... so how do I find out?
    Thanks all!
    You can look for something unusual or illegit. For example, Pokemon with maxed sheen can't be legit. A legendary Pokemon caught in Twinleaf Town can't be legit. Also, some symbols, such as an awkward OT / ID number such as NOONE or AAAAAA have a very high chance of being illegit. Just a note, a duplicated pokemon isn't guaranteed to be hacked, since there are ways to clone Pokemon through a glitch in the game. Checking the IVs and EVs are always helpful too. A Pokemon with over 510 EVs altogether can't be legit. Oh, eh, you wouldn't know the IVs on a Pokemon anyways. x_x Use EV reducing berries and then check the IVs. Just unusual traits on a Pokemon and stuff, look for those.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    help? i cant get any of my fire red pokemon to Diamond!!!

as iv red on meny sites, you need at least 6 pokemon in you computer or somthing iv tryed every thing, and yet i still cant migrate them to catch in the pal park, iv jsut unlocked it tonite XDXD

but now i cant get them into the pal park im wondereing wether this fire red works proper or not :(:(:(

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    ok just put ur fire red in the gba slot and turn ur ds on then when the diamond menu comes up and asks like continu new game ect there shold be one that says migrate from fire red

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Also, they might have HM moves... You can't migrate HM moves, just go to a move deleter if thats the case

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    ok just put ur fire red in the gba slot and turn ur ds on then when the diamond menu comes up and asks like continu new game ect there shold be one that says migrate from fire red

iv tryed it just says wifi connextions, new game and continue ...nothing about ermm migrating :(:(:(:(:(

iv had no error signs the bloke just says oops you havnt migrated any pokemon...

on the DS start screen it says start diamond (slot 1), and start GBA game (slot 2)

thanks for the help =]

btw do i need all six bench pokemon, lout of the computer battle ready??

or should i jsut try again tomo evening after 24 hours?

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    rgeat now my save game has been deleated :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:

GAY

and my fire red game has jsut been deleated for unknown reasons apart from the DS being fired up with both diamond and fire red inserted into the right slots...this is so frustrating

any wayh done the E4, got the Nat dex.
    iv caught about 17 pokemon on fire red (just got to cureleon city) ((cant spell it))
    about to do mistys gym (after seeing bill)
    and well i saved all went well turned it off put diamond in, fired it up and it didnt have the new option on the diamond start menue (migrate pokemon)
    any wayh i continued and talked to the bloke in the pal park and he was liek nop you havnt migrated any pokemon, iv allready got over 6 pokemon in my box's on fire red. but ..nothings working and like i said my game on fire reds jsut been deleated, eugh

any one reacon its broken or fake???

i got it off ebay about week and ahlf ago

Last edited:

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • any wayh done the E4, got the Nat dex.
    iv caught about 17 pokemon on fire red (just got to cureleon city) ((cant spell it))
    about to do mistys gym (after seeing bill)
    and well i saved all went well turned it off put diamond in, fired it up and it didnt have the new option on the diamond start menue (migrate pokemon)
    any wayh i continued and talked to the bloke in the pal park and he was liek nop you havnt migrated any pokemon, iv allready got over 6 pokemon in my box's on fire red. but ..nothings working and like i said my game on fire reds jsut been deleated, eugh

any one reacon its broken or fake???

i got it off ebay about week and ahlf ago

If you got it off Ebay, there is a fair chance that it is fake. Does it have the Official Nintendo Seal and does it look the same as a legitimate FireRed cartridge?

You say that it didn't have the Migrate Pokemon option. If you can't select it, you're not allowed the option to transfer them over. So until you get the Migrate option to appear, no Pokemon can be tranferred. And it is indeed odd that it just deleted your save file.

Years
  • I keep stopping my Piplup from evolving just because its so darn cute. Is there any huge reason to let it evolve? Is it going to be weak or ineffective if I don't let it?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Pre-evolutions are naturally weaker than its evolutions, unless we're talking about the Porygon line. Other than strength, no it isn't. If you battle competetively though, you'd probably want to evolve it. Empoleon is naturally a lot stronger than Piplup. Evolutions sometimes learn moves that the pre-evolutions can't, but that's not always true. But it's up to you though; I still haven't evolved my Piplup. XD;

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I keep stopping my Piplup from evolving just because its so darn cute. Is there any huge reason to let it evolve? Is it going to be weak or ineffective if I don't let it?

Well, some Pokemon are able to learn moves that their evolutions can't (such as Piplup learning pound while Empoleon can't) but evolution causes stats to increase (and some to decrease on certian Pokemon) but overall, I would recommend evolving Piplup. You can't really do much with it in battle.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • This might sound quite foolish but I really don´t have any idea what this means. I was surfing trough the Serebii.net and spotted the page about Sinnoh Underground. As I was looking and exploring it I noticed that there were few weird points about how to find a different fossil and I don´t know what Can be found Rotated by 90, 180 or 270 degrees means. Please, help me!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back